Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 15, 2016
I bought this movie for my girlfriend because she is a book nerd and has to read the book before she sees the movie so it makes sense. She doesn't always say the book was better. Sometimes she likes the movie better. In this case, she thought they complemented each other. The movie follows the book closely. It has to condense some for time allowed, that why so many movies are cut up in two parts these days. The YA genre is full of paranormal romance. This story was a refreshing spin off the usual formula of teen angst with supernatural/futuristic elements. I have to say, that I watched it too and while I wasn't as engrossed in it as my girlfriend was, it was easy to follow, well-written, and had a strong leading player. I recommend this movie whether you have read the book or not. I am not team Jacob or Team Edward, but if you are team Jacob, you'll be happy with how much of the wolf pack is in this movie.
3 helpful votes
on March 3, 2012
My wife had been hinting for a while that she really wanted to see the latest movie in the "Twilight" saga at the theater, but beyond the basic notion of it being about vampires I had no idea about the backstory. So, on to Amazon I went...and picked up all of the Blu-Ray releases thus far. I hate to admit it, but these movies are mesmerizing. The acting is just so-so, the story is a little convoluted and to top it all off the friggin vampires sparkle in the sunlight. All that being said, you really can't help being drawn into this world and these characters. The movies may lack a little when it comes to vampire lore, but the whole package somehow just works. The high-def transfers look really good, and my only complaint about the discs is that the dialogue always seems overpowered by the score, even when run through a home theater system.
on August 2, 2017
Took me a while but I finally got the set of this movie, the one I wanted. Sorry I love Twilight series and totally enjoy having the special edition box with extras. Even this many years later I got an unopened edition. Totally worth the price.
on December 11, 2012
Ok. I'm not a teenager and I'm not so into the goth vampire scene as I might've once been. I DID enjoy the first Twighlight movie. I found it's cinematography to be stunning and gorgeous, and I found the story somewhat interesting.

This movie...well, maybe I'm just too old. It was not interesting at all. The beauty of the first movie was lost. And it feels like a simple teenage drama, full of drama queens and angst.

Sorry Kiddos. Not the best.
3 helpful votes
on September 22, 2017
My 12 year old daughter loved it!! Uh... it's got vampires that don't die in sunlight and werewolves that change at will?! I admit that I watched the whole series but, ya know, I paid for it so... I've watched worse.
on March 24, 2013
I am not a movie watcher nor do I like Vampire movies so this was a total surprise to me. I kept seeing advertisements, pictures, toys and all sorts of stuff for this movie but could never understand the draw to it, another Vampire movie big deal..So I asked my 22 year old son about it. He said it was a romance movie and not much on the blood and gore, that picked my curiosity. Lucky for me, a few days later they had Twilight, New Moon and Twilight eclipse on cable to advertise Breaking Dawn 2 to DVD. So I turned it on expecting to turn the channel with in a half hour, boy was I wrong!!! I sat through the whole movie with my heart pounding, no vampire here.LOL... I found it to be a very addicting love story between a girl and her family, vampire and his family, werewolf and his family and how they all came together . It felt a bit like Cinderella but she actually had two prince charming, one a vampire and the other a werewolf.. Both with a few wicked step sisters and brothers thrown in, to make it interesting... I really liked this movie and all the the rest of the twilight movie... Matter of fact after seeing New Moon and eclipse I ended up buying all five of the Twilight Movies....Beware! if you watch one they might get their bite on you and you might end up buying all five movie to get your fill of Twilight!!!!!
Enthusiast: Doctor Whoon February 11, 2014
Yes it is very sappy. Yes it is a teenage movie, lots of teen drama. One girl 2 boys, 2 worlds, who will she choose. I enjoyed it enough that I will watch it again. But I am glad I waited until I was able to get the whole series for next to nothing and that includes shipping. I don't feel it is worth the brand new price tag it came with originally. Yes i think you should watch it. So at least you can say you have seen it.
on July 3, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie. After reading the books, I found that the movies were just as good which is unusual.
on November 30, 2016
Bought this as a gift for a family member for christmas. The dvd case itself is in good shape, back had a slight tear in the cover in the case itself.
on July 21, 2017
Great movie. Watched with my 14 YO and was disappointed that the more the series went on the more adult content was added