Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 257 reviews(4 star). See all 1,955 reviews
on March 15, 2016
I bought this movie for my girlfriend because she is a book nerd and has to read the book before she sees the movie so it makes sense. She doesn't always say the book was better. Sometimes she likes the movie better. In this case, she thought they complemented each other. The movie follows the book closely. It has to condense some for time allowed, that why so many movies are cut up in two parts these days. The YA genre is full of paranormal romance. This story was a refreshing spin off the usual formula of teen angst with supernatural/futuristic elements. I have to say, that I watched it too and while I wasn't as engrossed in it as my girlfriend was, it was easy to follow, well-written, and had a strong leading player. I recommend this movie whether you have read the book or not. I am not team Jacob or Team Edward, but if you are team Jacob, you'll be happy with how much of the wolf pack is in this movie.
4 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2013
As always, I liked the book better than the movie but at least I could tell- even in a 30 second TV spot- where the "changed" bits related to the book. Adding Riley's backstory was a nice touch.I'm not sure who was the "best" actor/actress this time out but I liked everything about Nikki Reed's delivery on her role as Rosalie from her telling Bela about her last human days to the fight training and battle scenes. The big battle barely resembled the book version but at least it was better than the Edward/Victoria-Seth/Riley mini battle which wasn't very good at all, shot on a set didn't help it at all. Bryce-Dallas Howard or Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria?, not sure who's the better choice there.
The movie does look good overall and should at least "get by" for most fans, those new to Twilight will find plenty to watch even if you don't know all of the backstory.
When I bought my copy of the "special 2 disc edition" of the DVD I also bought the Blu ray Amazon listed below it. Don't make that mistake- it has none of the extras the DVD set has. Do a Twilight Eclipse movie search, Amazon also sells a special edition Blu ray, that's the one to get.
on September 22, 2017
My 12 year old daughter loved it!! Uh... it's got vampires that don't die in sunlight and werewolves that change at will?! I admit that I watched the whole series but, ya know, I paid for it so... I've watched worse.
on December 11, 2010
I will not discuss content or acting because there are many reviews that do that and because almost all who may be considering buying this have already watched the movie in a theater. I will talk about this specific edition: Blu-ray, movie only.

Those who care about extras and especially those who have friends who could use the included DVD are probably better off with the Blu/DVD combo edition. For those who only wish to watch the move, this is as good as the premium bundle and can be had for a few dollars less.

This is what you get:

- MOVIE ONLY - there are NO extras whatsoever
- BD Live (not an extra) gives access to trailers and other marketing material
- English and Spanish subtitles only
- Spanish is the only alternate audio track
- 1080p, 2.40:1 video
- DTS-HD Master Audio (English) and Dolby Digital 5.1 (Spanish) sound
- Cheap Blu case, the kind where the plastic has holes carved in it to save a few pennies

I knew what I was doing when I ordered this edition because my long-term plan is to sell the individual movies and get the final 'boxed' edition holding all movies but I did miss the extras.

For what it is, I can't find much to complain about this 'movie only' edition. It delivers what it promises. I don't particularly like the depressingly cheap looking case and, I believe, it's customary to include at least French subtitles and sound tracks on Blu-rays sold in North America but everything else is super so it's a 4-star.
on March 3, 2012
My wife had been hinting for a while that she really wanted to see the latest movie in the "Twilight" saga at the theater, but beyond the basic notion of it being about vampires I had no idea about the backstory. So, on to Amazon I went...and picked up all of the Blu-Ray releases thus far. I hate to admit it, but these movies are mesmerizing. The acting is just so-so, the story is a little convoluted and to top it all off the friggin vampires sparkle in the sunlight. All that being said, you really can't help being drawn into this world and these characters. The movies may lack a little when it comes to vampire lore, but the whole package somehow just works. The high-def transfers look really good, and my only complaint about the discs is that the dialogue always seems overpowered by the score, even when run through a home theater system.
2 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2012
This is the same review that I wrote for the other Twilight movies because I feel the same about all of them. So......
Like all of the movies they are not strictly by the book which bothered me some. But I knew before hand that the
movies hardly ever stay true to the books. Some are better than others and these movies are not bad. I enjoyed
the books better but as movies go these were pretty good. Don't compare the books to the movies and just sit back
and enjoy the slightly altered storyline. They are still good and I enjoyed them. Will watch them again all at one time in a movie marathon with my grandkids and daughter when I go to visit them the next time. And yes I am
not a tween, teen, young adult or even middle aged, I am a grandmother who thinks that the writers out there for
our young people are for the most part doing a wonderful job.
on January 23, 2011
This will be short and sweet. I watch the movies because of the books, we all know no movie will compare exactly to the book, so i will not even waste time with that thought. I will say that this was a good movie with good effects. My favorite part was the fight scene. It was also one of my favorite parts of the book, so for me to say that for the movie says a lot to me. There were some things that were a little to fake and i wont spoil any scenes so you will have to watch it for yourself. Overall it was a good movie and i hope that Breaking Dawn will be more like the book since it will be in two movies. I will say that if you are debating on buying the movie you should probably rent it first or borrow it first, then decide if you liked it well enough to buy. If i had not read the books i'm not sure i would have bought the movies, but i always buy movies that i own the books to.
on December 22, 2015
My 12 year old is obsessed with these movies. While there could be worse things, I have to explain to her that they are fantasy movies and life holds more important quests than having a boyfriend above all else at high school age. That being said, I enjoyed them when they came out and again watching them with my daughter. She would give them 5 stars, but I compromised at 4.
on November 30, 2016
Bought this as a gift for a family member for christmas. The dvd case itself is in good shape, back had a slight tear in the cover in the case itself.
on July 21, 2017
Great movie. Watched with my 14 YO and was disappointed that the more the series went on the more adult content was added