BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(2 star). See all 1,959 reviews
on June 12, 2016
With Bella not being as breathy as the book and thinking back on it the whole series was long winded and boring. The book was better but for those who cant read i suggest getting text to speech app it would be less of a suicidal contemplation than watching these movies.
on January 7, 2011
I was smart to rent this in stead of buying. I keep hearing about how each movie is getting better than the next. Not in my experience. I'm sticking to reading the books on this series as the movies are a great waste of time. This one didn't hold my attention at all. I just rented it because I couldn't find anything else on tv to watch. Needless to say that didn't help as I didn't even finish watching this one due to how boring it was.

I highly recommend people rent these Twilight movies before buying (unless you can buy them for the price of a rental fee)
on May 4, 2014
I loved the story line of this movie but the acting wasn't the best. When I read the books I imaged Edward and Bella to be more relaxed towards each other but instead they were very tense and dramatic. But don't get me wrong the movie was appealing for the eyes when Jacob strutted around shirtless. (K.M.)
on February 1, 2015
I liked the book, but the movie dragged out. I did like the addition of Charlie saying he liked Edward better learning Bella was a virgin, but otherwise the movie was slow and the acting seemed to have almost no energy.
on January 2, 2011
I loved the first Twilight movie: in fact, it's what caused me to go out and buy the quartet of books by Stephenie Meyer. Director Catherine Hardwicke brought the characters and the town of Forks to life with finesse and style. The directors of the 'New Moon' and 'Eclipse' have done little more than flatten the characters into two-dimensional comic-book fodder. I'm holding out hope for something MUCH better with 'Breaking Dawn'.
on April 26, 2017
đź‘Ť
on March 29, 2013
I DO understand why it's so popular. The story line is interesting, but:
The acting is incredibly wooden on the part of the two leads. And I'm just not feeling the chemistry at. all.
Dakota Fanning? She needs to evolve and mature.
I really tried to like these movies. I've given up.
on December 2, 2011
I'm just disappointed that Amazon lowered it's price for both Eclipse and Twilight the day after I placed my order. I could have saved me a solid $5!

However, still a big fan of Twilight and always will be. Eclipse is definitely worth a watch! The cinematography is a lot better than the two previous ones for sure!
on December 27, 2010
I normally do not write reviews but I feel so necessary to put my thoughts on paper to get my frustration out. First of, I'm a new fan to the twilight saga. I watched Twilight to see what all the hype was about. I know I'm a little behind all the diehard fans but I wanted to check it out. The movie was terrible. The dialog and the acting on Kristen Stewart's part were just horrendous to watch. I told my friends this and they urged me to read the books because it is so much better. After I read the 1st book, I was hooked! I got the other 3 books and was just obsessed over the books. I guess it would be too much to expect the movie to emulate the book exactly but come on...it is so way off. The first Twilight movie was actually very painful to watch comparing to the book. The part where Bella told Edward that she knew he was a vampire was so endearing and touching in the book and they totally butchered it in the movie version. It actually looked really stupid in the movie. This is after all a love story and they took most of the love part out of the movie. It was really disappointing. Then I watched New Moon, it was a little better than Twilight but still left off a lot of dialog from the book that should be included. Then the 3rd movie, a little better than the other two but at the end of the movie, I long to read the books again. The movie is nothing compared to the books. I know the movie would be like 5 hours long if it follows the book exactly but if you are going to take things out, that's fine but don't change the entire thing. The part where Edward confronted Jacob for kissing Bella, in the book, it was just loving and so protective. In the movie, it was dumb and so childish. I just hope Breaking Dawn will be better and they will keep most of what is in the book and translate it into the movie. Since they are making 2 parts for Breaking Dawn, should be plenty of timing to allow this. Maybe down the road, someone else might do a remake of the entire this and it will be much better. I just don't know how Stephenie Meyer would allow the movie to be made like this when her books are so much better. They need to get rid of the screenwriter and maybe have Stephenie write the script.
on June 9, 2013
I just wanted to see what the hype was over the Twilight saga and after watching all of them, I still do not know what the big hype was. These films were very boring and made vampires look ridiculous.