Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services LostinOz LostinOz LostinOz  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,684 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 22, 2009
If I were rating this movie solely on quality of the film, it would get one star. if i were rating it solely on how much i love to watch it even though it's awful, it would get 5 stars. SO I averaged it and got 3.

The dialogue is horrendous, the effects cheesy, the music (not the soundtrack which is great, but the score) indescribably awful. It looks like a made for TV movie.

However- I can't stop watching it. i saw it 3 times in the theater and pre-ordered my own copy. It entertains me. Plus, Edward is nice to look at... oh, James too. LOVE James.To me this movie is absolutely hysterical- where it doesn't intend to be. The scene where Edward first sees Bella in class and he looks as if he may throw up on her??? Great! The look that Billy Black and Edward exchange as they pass each other in their cars? Priceless. I love the baseball scene! But the crouch down and prepare to fight stance they take at the end... Can anybody say Power Rangers? But just mentioning all this makes me want to watch it again. I know it makes no sense. It just has that power.

I should be embarrassed to like this, but I'm not. I will watch it over and over again proudly. I will recommend it to anyone I can. Watch it and love it. But know that it's terrible and know that it can't compare to the book and that all of it's charm is due to it's cheesiness.
109109 comments| 610 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2009
I had heard about the fantasy books by a friend when they first came out but didn't have the time to look into them. By the time the movie came out, I'd nearly forgotten about the book referral, but asked my hubby to take me as it looked like a good vampire romance flick. The scenery of the Pacific Northwest forests, rivers, and coastline was breathtaking and as a native to this area, it was like going out into my own backyard which made the film that more appealing. I was so captivated by the actors portrayal of the characters (the facial expressions and emotions brought out of the characters by Rob, Kristen, Peter, Nikki, and the rest were mesmerizing) and the depth of the back-story left me desiring more! The very next day after viewing the movie in the theater - I raced to the bookstore to grab the first book. I was hooked, read through all four books (plus went to the authors website to read the extra materials she had posted there) in a week. Then, still not satisfied, went back and saw the movie several more times - IN THE THEATER, something I've never felt compelled to do before - because I was so drawn to the characters and the story. This may have been written for the young adult audience but I'm 32 and a parent of four children, and still found the story to be well worth my time.

If you haven't read the stories, I encourage you to do so. Regardless, this film will be a treasured part of your movie collection and one you'll be sure to watch several times before you'll feel satisfied.
4848 comments| 446 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2011
As huge fans of Twilight, we really enjoyed the additional features provided in the 3rd disc. If you only want to watch the movie itself and you are not into extras, of course this would not be for you. For all of you who do like having, owning, seeing every aspect of these films, it is far worth paying the extra to own this, even if you own the 2 disc that was more readily available when the DVD first came out, it is worth the money to get this 3 disc edition.

Not only are there plenty of extra interview materials, but there are extra scenes not included with the 2 disc. Remember the infamous Biology scene where Edward seems repulsed by Bella? Imagine if he suddenly attacked her from behind and drug her from her seat, biting her and doing what he so desperately wanted to do. Well, that was an alternate idea for that scene, and you'll get to see it on the 3rd disc.

Maybe most importantly, we feel it was a horrible idea to change directors, feeling Catherine Hardwicke had done her homework and by far had the best grasp on the romance of the books and film and the subsequent directors have done a horrible job, getting away from the romance and changing the films into an action series. Like Titanic, it's a romance series at heart. While the boat sinking was a big part of Titanic, it would not have been nearly the hit it was without the well told romance between the main characters. Since changing directors, the series has greatly gone down hill due to forgetting that the romance is the true basis of the series.

Having realized we were not going to enjoy the subsequent films as much as the original, we have made a point to collect as much as possible from the original film. If you love Twilight, you will love this 3 disc collection. Thank you Catherine Hardwicke for such an amazing job on bringing Twilight to the screen. We ache that the fools who came late to the party didn't get it but had their way. Jim & Stephanie Patton
77 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2010
I'm a big Twilight Saga fan and after reading reviews of this 3 disc version of the movie Twilight I decided to purchase it and I wasn't disappointed. I thought that the extras on the 2nd & 3rd discs were great! I'm still undecided as to if I will spend the extra money to purchase the 3 disc version of New Moon or not, but I think that for any true Twilight Saga fan the 3 disc version of the movie Twilight is a good pick. Love it!!
on May 13, 2009
I just got my Ultimate Blu-ray edition in the mail and it isn't entirely what I was expecting. The blu-ray disc, the photos, and the soundtrack are awesome, however, the jewelry box is made out of cardboard and the bookmark is nothing special. The bookmark just says Twilight on it. I have seen better bookmarks on other websites sold separately. The bracelet is decent. The watch looks like a kids watch that you can purchase out of a gumball machine. I am mostly just happy to have the dvd, but for $80, I was expecting the quality of the other items to be much, much better than they were. Overall, it probably would have been better to buy the blu-ray disc separately and then shop around at other websites, like Etsy.com, for the other items made from better material.
on June 17, 2016
I'm very upset with whoever is responsible for making it IMPOSSIBLE to get Twilight on Kindle without being forced to buy this crap 10th Anniversary blight. Second of all, the crap gender-switching ruination is first so if you want to read Twilight the way it was truly intended, you have to fast forward forever to get to the Twlight book. I would NEVER have chosen to read a beloved book that the author has seen fit to ruin by changing genders, but I had to because I needed Twilight for school and kindle was the quickest way to get it in my hands. Shame on you Stephenie for ruining Bella and Edward's story by swapping their genders and then forcing people to have to turn a million pages before they get to the correct version. At least have had the decency to put the original Twilight first. Epic fail!
on October 9, 2009
I have such mixed feelings about this movie. It's almost like I'm being seducted by a sadistic vampire. One that tourtures me with bad acting, apalling scripting, and special effects so cheesy me 14-yr-old brother could pull off better. I honestly cannot figure out what is making this series such a huge hit, but sometimes a phenomena like this can't be logically explained. All I know is that for every practical reason, I should hate this movie. It is abrasive to my senses to watch. But for some reason, I'm hooked.

Being a voracious reader, I couldn't stand by and watch the world be swept away by this "Twilight Fever" and not know anything about it, so I grabbed a copy. I actually liked it at first, but as I read more of the books I realized how terribly they were written and had to stop before driving myself crazy with Bella and Edwards obsessive, controlling, drama-ridden relationship. I'll admit Meyer did capture teenage romance pretty accurately.

Unfortuately, the movie mirrored the book except for the fact that there is even less character developement in the movie than in the book. Bella is played by the boring, monotone, one-dimentional Kristin Stewart who drives me crazy with her poor delivery. She pauses mid-sentence and studders dramaticaly through the entire movie. My favorite part is at the end when Edward tells her she has to go to Florida so he can't hurt her anymore. ("What?..you..you want me to leave?..I..I..NO!..I just...no..I can't..I don't.. even know what you're saying...no..I..I..") Aaaaghh!! See how annoying it can get? And all the other actors are almost as bad. Although I think Bella's friends from high school did a pretty good job. Edward wasn't actually that bad. Though he could have done better, he managed to display some inner turmoil that I thought accurately portrayed a tortured vampire soul.

But even though their relationship is so maniacally obsessive, the worst part is the levity with which it is accepted by Bella. If the person I was infatuated with told me they were a vampire who wanted nothing more than to kill me and drink my blood, I think I'd have a slightly different response than, oh say, "I don't care. I trust you." Okay, the guy is a freakin' VAMPIRE! A creature from the underworld, which really aren't actually supposed to exist in real life. But she's cool with that. You know, just another day in the life of Bella. She's only known him, what, a few weeks and she's ready to give up her life for him? It just doesn't make sense. Okay, sorry, that was a rant.

As I said before, the script and screenplay is awful. The touching parts end up contrived, the funny parts end up corny, the action parts end up ridiculous thanks to the special effects department, and the dramatic parts wind up seeming like a high school theater production.

Yet with all these downfalls, I still bought it and have seen it almost ten times. Every time it's on, I'm drawn in. Maybe it's entertaining, maybe it's seductive, maybe I'm a bit masochistic, or maybe I just enjoy making fun of it like Mystery Science Theater or something. I'm disappointed in it (and chances are, unless you're a teenage girl in love with Rob Pattinson, you will be too), but I own it and I'm not ashamed to like it. It's just too bad they didn't do a better job of it. It could have been a knock-your-socks-off movie. I hope they learn from their mistakes.
on November 26, 2015
I enjoyed the few extra scenes. I really don't know why they didn't just leave those scenes in, in the original, but whatever. I liked the extra " making of " after the movie. I put it on my kindle and love to just watch it while doing dishes or when traveling. Its fun. (Book is better...read it first then watch the movie)
on April 30, 2016

on December 4, 2015
I bought this movie as a Christmas gift for my sister in law. She has been asking for the entire series and this is the cheapest one I found with prime shipping. The movie is amazing, I have seen them all and love them. The product came wrapped in its original plastic, never opened. It came on time and was exactly as advertised, so I was very pleased with my purchase!
review image review image