The Twilight Zone Talky Tina 18" Talking Doll Lifelike Exclusive Replica
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Order this second edition today! 'My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you.' 18-inch talking-doll replica from the iconic The Twilight Zone TV series.
- Based on the 'Living Doll' episode that starred Telly Savalas. Speaks 5 phrases sampled straight from the original audio of the episode! Features eyes that open and close.
- The instructions included inside the product may be incomplete. Click here to download revised instructions. Talky Tina is back again... to stay!
- This authentically reproduced black-and-white Talky Tina Doll Replica from The Twilight Zone is a lifelike replica that stands 18-inches tall and features rotocast vinyl head, arms, and legs; soft fabric body and fabric clothing; rooted hair; eyelids that open and close; and a talking mechanism. Don't miss this Talky Tina Doll! Requires 3x 'AG13' (LR44) batteries, included.
- Ages 14 and up. Talky Tina comes with a certificate of authenticity and use instructions, and speaks the following memorable phrases: 'My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much.' 'My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you.' 'My name is Talky Tina, and you'll be sorry.'
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Talky Tina is back again... to stay! This authentically reproduced black-and-white Talky Tina Doll Replica from The Twilight Zone is a lifelike replica that stands 18-inches tall and features rotocast vinyl head, arms, and legs; soft fabric body and fabric clothing; rooted hair; eyelids that open and close; and a talking mechanism. Don't miss this Talky Tina Doll! Requires 3x "AG13" (LR44) batteries, included. Ages 14 and up. Talky Tina comes with a certificate of authenticity and use instructions, and speaks the following memorable phrases: "My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much." "My name is Talky Tina, and I don't think I like you." "My name is Talky Tina, and you'd better be nice to me." "My name is Talky Tina, and you'll be sorry." "My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you." Long before Chucky, there was Talky Tina, star of one of the most spine-chilling episodes of The Twilight Zone ever aired. In the show titled "Living Doll" that also starred Telly Savalas, Tina kept coming back and coming back, no matter what he did to try to destroy her. If you remember that frightening episode, you may think twice before ordering this item. But don't worry. After all, she's only an innocent talking replica… or is she? "You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead. Your next stop... the Twilight Zone." (Spoken by Rod Serling at the beginning of each The Twilight Zone episode.)
Top customer reviews
UPDATE: Just received my Talky Tina. All I can say is O---M---G! This doll is amazing, and yes, she is in black and white, just like in the episode "Living Doll," she even has the freckles like the TV doll. AND SHE TALKS!! the first thing she said to me when I turned her on was that "Her name was Talky Tina, and she don't think she likes me!', How cool is that?. ACTIVATING HER VOICE: She has two keys on her back. The gray one at the bottom is the actual switch to turn her on or off. Then just squeeze her torso, and she will speak, loudly and clearly. The Key above is just for decoration. When I stood her bolt upright, she looked directly at me with those Talky Tina eyes. Scared the Hell out of me. She is scary/beautiful, and a wonderful addition to my doll/stuffed toy collection. Well worth the purchase. To quote Christie: "AND I LOVE HER ALREADY!"
The shock value one gets when you first see the doll is absolutely priceless. I've had the doll in my office for three days now and the looks I get are worth the price of the doll. People just stop and stare and eventually blurt out, "Where did you get THAT!" One of my co-workers even thought it was the actual doll from the show. I think what takes people aback is the color (or lack thereof) of the doll. The black-and-white tones give Tina a decidedly more ghostly and sinister look.
As for durability, Tina holds up fairly well to just about any kind of abuse, be it flagrant or not. The one problem I have is that she is fairly rigid. She'll stand quite easily but getting her to stay in a seated position is a challenge. One other problem I had with my particular doll is that she came without her painted eyebrows (which may lead to me sending her back for an exchange). I know this is a minor thing, but given the high price tag, they gotta be there.
Aside from that, I'm impressed with this effort. This version of Tina is a MUST have for all hardcore Zone fans as well as those with a casual interest. You will not find a better replica this size out there anywhere. No disappointments!
EDIT: 12/27/11 - I did decide to send the doll back to exchange for one with the eyebrows and it is now complete. EE was great about the exchange and they shipped the replacement out before I returned the original doll. Get 'em while you still can...they are going fast! My original doll was #574 out of 1000 and the replacement they shipped a week later was #694/1000.