Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 107 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on November 18, 2013
Love Earl Grey tea, particularly Twinings. Have been enjoying this fragrant and flavorful tea for many years prior to introducing it to my husband of 20 years and he joins me in enjoying Earl Grey for the 25 years we've been together. This order of tins of Twining tea looks fine, but the tea is anything but! It tastes old and flavorless, we keep adding more and more to attempt to have some taste and the added tea doesn't help at all. We drink tea morning noon and night, summer and winter, so we are upset.

Don't know what happened but we're not happy campers at all.
on January 10, 2014
I see all the other reviews, so maybe I got a bad box? The tea I received was so crumbled and powdery that tea "dust" went through my infuser and was left swirling in my cup. The taste was like cardboard, and changes in brewing temperatures and times have done nothing to improve this. Left me with a nasty taste in my mouth and feeling of a film on my teeth. Clearly, I'm going to throw it out. Based on the other reviews, I'm going to guess that my box was beyond stale, possibly spoiled. The foil seal was intact, so no tampering was obvious.

I purchased many other teas at the same time as this one ... all of those that I have tried have been quite nice, included three other Earl Greys. It's been very cold. I don't think it was the shipper. Again, I just think mine was stale or spoiled somehow.
on January 26, 2016
The short version: Twinnings delivers once again. This is excellent tea at an affordable price. This Earl Grey is my go to tea and afternoon beverage.

The slightly longer version: I'm a recent convert to warm tea in general, but found that I really enjoyed Twinnings Earl Gray right off the bat. Going the loose leaf tea route only improves the taste, and overall experience. You can adjust the amount of tea you want to get just the right strength (remember, add more tea, NOT time for stronger flavor!). Although some may feel that loose leaf tea is less convenient, this is one of the everyday experiences where I enjoy the journey, along with the final destination. This tea is very smooth, soothing, classy, and all around perfect.
on November 5, 2015
I love any tea with bergamot in it, and although Twinings isn't THE best earl grey i've ever had, it has taste consistency and a nice, slightly smoky/earthy flavor that I like with earl grey. Sometimes there isn't enough bergamot or too much of a fruity flavor with other earl greys, but this tea has a great flavor, with enough depth. The tin is good, and the tea is sealed with foil over the opening. The only thing with the tin top is that while it doesn't have a huge amount of an air vacuum (making it stuck to the tin and really hard to open/may result in whipping the lid off and spilling tea everywhere), I do have to be a little careful to prevent spilling tea when I open because there definitely is a bit of vacuum. Great tea overall!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2016
I am not at all impressed with the quality of this tea. There a few if any leaves of any size. The contents of my tin appear to be what was swept up off the factory floor. The bottom of my cup is literally covered in the "dust" that gets through the infuser. This was my first experience with loose tea and did not know any better. Since I have had higher quality teas that leave no residue behind. The flavor is also very weak. But then a view of the ingredients reveals why this is so... "bergamot flavoring". Otherwise artificial. Live and learn I suppose.
on July 18, 2013
Just average. Pretty weak as far as the bergamot flavor. It's not bad, just nothing special. I was disappointed in it. Fortunately I found a local tea shop to purchase Earl Grey. But it would be nice to be able to order a decent Earl Grey from Amazon.
on July 19, 2017
I love this tea - it is getting hard to find loose leaf tea in the grocery store that does not have herbs added to it. I have asthma and herbal remedies and a big problem for me, almost as big as the perfume and colognes.
on April 9, 2014
The site description states "exquisitely scented with traditional oil of bergamot." The tin I received did not match the one pictured. It reads "scented with a citrus bergamot flavor." The ingredients list confirms the flavor is artificial. No surprise, it tastes like poison. Returned it for a full refund. 5 stars for Amazon custom service, 0 stars for Twinings of London.
on July 2, 2013
Please see my picture (if Amazon has permitted it).

I use this loose tea to make my husband his iced tea. It smells so good. Just opening the box is a fragrance vacation. The loose tea is perfect for brewing the exact amount I desire for strength and volume. I will never go back to tea bags again.

I didn't think that I could find this at my local super market. I was wrong. It is everywhere! At the store across the street from where I live (Orange County, CA)it is there and is $5 cheaper. What!!!

Well, no more Amazon for this product. Even on Subscribe and Save it is less expensive in the market and I am not killing more trees by having it sent in a box.
review image
on May 19, 2015
This tea doesn't tast like Earl Grey at all. Very grassy flavor, and doesn't seem to have any bergamot in it. Extremely disappointed in it. I don't know if Twinings has changed their formula, of if this tea is adulterated or improperly stored, but I will not be buying it again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.