Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 11, 2017
We have nearly all of Iza Trapani's books, but this is by far our favorite! Iza Trapani took the familiar verse of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and added an adventure. The story is vivid. The illustrations are beautiful. We used to read the book every night. Now we sing it EVERY night to our little ones. It calms them. We get to connect with them through it. The story/song takes them on an adventure in the mind's eye as they move towards sleep. It's one we know they will refer back to with fond memories as they grow up.
2 people found this helpful
on October 29, 2013
As a music therapist, I really appreciate books written in poetic meter, because you can sing them as a song. This book is great, because not only is it written in meter, it is a familiar tune everyone knows too! It gives the original Twinkle Twinkle a twist and alters it into a kind of visual story that takes you on an adventure in the night. Beautiful illustrations and a sweet little book all around. Now you have no excuse not to sing lullabies to your children before bedtime, parents! ;)
One person found this helpful
on October 1, 2016
I bought this story for my toddler because it was one of my favorite bedtime books as a child. It stands the test of time, because she loves it, too! She is about to turn 2, and she will hum the tune along with me as I read and enjoys finding the star on each page of the book. Beautiful illustrations, a sweet story, and an ideal book before bed.
One person found this helpful
on December 29, 2013
We've had this book for about a year and our LO still loves it. She has so many books that she rarely had favorites, so for a book to last a year at the top of her list is special. TTLS is the first song she memorized and her favorite lullaby. So she really loves this book. The illustrations are beautiful and the story can be sung to the melody of TTLS, or spoken like a poem. This is a great, soothing bedtime book that infants and toddlers will love.
on April 20, 2018
My son thinks it's a story of his sister, he loves it. It works well. Using it as a bereaved aid.
on March 30, 2016
I love singing stories to my elementary students in music class. Over time, the students learn the tunes as well and sing with me. They enjoy visuals which is why the thought of musical "story time" is usually a success for me.
on May 9, 2018
A favorite in this house, and one I like to give as a gift for baby showers. The illustrations and story telling are captivating, Iza Trapani is a treasure!
on February 18, 2018
the book was as advertized. It came in the correct amount of time. I am pleased.
on October 13, 2008
I bought this for my friend's daughter's third birthday, but I've read the books separately and they are fun. I like to sing the songs to my daughter and I never knew there were so many verses to these songs and rhymes! The pictures are bright and cute. My friend had been wanting to get the books for her daughter and I stumbled across this volume with 10 stories in it and paid a fraction of the cost rather than getting them all separate. My friend was more excited than her daughter!
on March 5, 2013
I love Iza Trapani because she takes the little children's songs that we all know and adds additional verses to turn the little tune into a full story. In this one, the star takes the little girl on a night time adventure around the world. Super cute and fun to sing to my son, even before he was old enough to look at the pictures. Highly recommend!