About the Product
- In single player, fight for the prize of one wish fulfilled by winning the Twisted Metal tournament.
- Choose from over a dozen new and series favorite vehicles; each outfitted with weapons of Twisted destruction and strategically dismantle your opponents.
- In multiplayer, become a Twisted Disciple and destroy everything online as a devoted follower of one of the all star Twisted cast of characters. Team up with up to 16 online and 2-4 player split screen.
- Discover psychotic power ups in levels covering over a dozen high octane battlegrounds.
- Pair up different vehicles and maximize your firepower.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Twisted Metal is an over-the-top, vehicular combat game exclusively for play on PlayStation 3. Gameplay revolves around demolition derby style action set across multiple maps in which last contestant alive receives virtually whatever they desire. The game contains both an engrossing single player campaign story mode, as well as multiplayer modes which support co-op and 4-player action locally, as well as 16-player support online. Additional features include: returning characters from earlier releases in the game franchise, 17 vehicles that can be customized with a wide variety of weapons, destructible game environments and more.
Release Your Road Rage
Twisted Metal returns with unhinged car combat destruction and action movie mayhem. A PlayStation franchise exclusive since the release of the original Twisted Metal game back in 1995 for PS1, this most recent release is packed with unique weapons that emerge from demonic vehicles as players unfold the demented tale of a cast of characters, led by Sweet Tooth in story, co-op and online modes. The mayhem is ratcheted up in multiplayer modes with 2-4 player competing locally and up to 16 players online competing in a killer-take-all back and forth battle royale on wheels.
- Car Combat Multiplayer - Fast, ferocious and fun competitive multiplayer that delivers the freedom to destroy, fly and demolish the world around you in an intense back and forth battle royale.
- Calypso's Tournament - Solo or with a friend in co-op, unfold the rich and demented tale of a cast of characters, led by Sweet Tooth, who will stop at nothing to have one Twisted wish fulfilled.
- Twisted Arsenal - Choose from 17 vehicles, each outfitted with an arsenal of weapons that includes blood missiles, rat rockets and shockwave attacks.
- Extreme Scale and Destruction - Unleash massive amounts of destruction on the world like an exploding Ferris wheel, decapitated Statue of Liberty, and destroyed rollercoaster.
- Customization - Enter Sweet Tooth's custom shop to create your own weapon of mass destruction to play online with. Thousands of custom options available Fall 2011 on Twisted Metal.com.
Extensive customization options.
Top Customer Reviews
Instead of being able to choose from a macabre cast of characters (as in past titles) you find yourself tied to (3) players: Sweettooth, Mr.Grimm, and Dollface (which are unlocked in that order). Each character has (3) 2-3 min movies that blend live-action and CGI to great effect, even though the middle cinematic is partially relegated to flashbacks from the original video.
Combat and vehicle handling are tight. Weapons are varied and mostly balanced, and the helicopter Talon is actually pretty fun to use. As a result, online play can be enjoyable if you select the right matches and modes. However, in an attempt to add variety, the modes too often stray from what is fun.
Once vehicles have been unlocked by a character's gang they can be used during other matches. It seems kind of odd to use Sweettooth on Mr.Grimm's motorcycle, or to drive Shadow with Dollface - but that's what you'll find. (Axel is only playable as DLC). The good part is that you can use your favorite car in almost every level. However, the PROBLEM is that the new level designs almost force you to select certain cars to proceed in single player or be competitive online.
Ultimately, you end up choosing what works best for certain scenarios and less of who you would LIKE to play as. Twisted Metal was always a car combat game built around single elimination death matches. The new game changes that, and not necessarily for the better. On the rooftops there will be an inordinate number of people using the helicopter Talon.Read more ›
I really liked the game as a whole. Why? I'm glad you asked! :3 The graphics are were very nice! Very few levels to play, but they were huge! The cars are well made. The graphics don't go as far as KZ 2 or 3, but there is vast improvement since the release of TM: Black!
My moment of disappointment... Yes, it is true as other reviewers mentioned. There are only 3 characters who have a story in the campaign. The way it works is the cars that have different abilities, not the driver. So much for character individuality :(
I could go on about what other reviewers mentioned, but what I really want to put emphasis on is gameplay! I'm surprised people mention so little of it. If you wanna hear about characters and story, many others have written such. >_>
Ok, let me say that I'm am an avid gamer and I enjoy various genres and challenges! I can comfortably say I'm not the best gamer ever, but I'm pretty good (I'm not boasting, I swear!). o_o So now let me place the warning here:
CASUAL GAMERS BEWARE!!! lol
Having played the campaign mode on Normal difficulty, I'll admit, it was tough! O_O There are 3 difficulty levels, (Normal, Hard, Twisted). That's 3 difficulties of kicking player butt!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I know everyone is mad it didn't have a longer story mode. And sweet tooth driving axels car and others cars did look strange but I LOVED how dark they went with the game honestly. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mike
My husband was glued to the TV and PS3 until the controller, i started to think, might have to be surgically removed from his hands, he had played this game for the first... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Steph