Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Platform: PlayStation 3|Change

Showing 1-10 of 328 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 421 reviews
on October 9, 2014
The most disappointing game I have ever played and spent money on. That is not to say the game is awful or even bad, but it's nowhere near as good as I was expecting it to be. I'm a big Twisted Metal fan, with Twisted Metal: Black being my favorite entry in the series. It continues to be. Twisted Metal (PS3) lacks the creative maps and unique vehicles of a great entry like that of TM: Head-On, as well as the dark and interesting characters, style and stories of Black. Gone are the individual stories for every character in the game with their unique vehicles. They have been replaced by an uninspired (and disturbingly realistic, yet ridiculous) larger storyline featuring only 3 characters, all of whom can use ANY vehicle in the game. That is a sin in the Twisted Metal universe. Gone are the unique and variety of maps with hidden areas worth discovering. They have been replaced with a few super large maps that can be split into smaller areas to battle. Some may argue that, in actuality, you're getting dozens of maps. Realistically, however, all of these maps alterations don't change the fact that they feel too similar (they're also not the most eye-catching maps in the world). Speaking of similarities, some of the vehicles feel too similar in this entry. They even have the same specials with very minor modifications! Multiplayer is fine, but with so very few people who play online, the expectation of purchasing on online pass to play online if you purchased the game used is a waste. Buy new if you're going to buy at all (online pass comes with each new copy). But don't expect to be blown away by its multiplayer. There's also the fact that you have to unlock almost everything in multiplayer with "XP" before it can be used online. Ridiculous. I will say it's miles better than its single player, which is also plagued by horribly frustrating events that are far from being the Twisted Metal you know and love. The controls are fine, but locking onto the helicopter is far more difficult than it should be. The game is enjoyable for what it delivers, but it could have been so much better if the creators didn't everything what makes Twisted Metal so fun.
on June 27, 2015
This game still holds that memory in a way (especially when single player) The mechanics are much simple like to jump, freeze cars, etc. theres no special combination for that like the past games (I praise this) the controls are much like the past ones only that youll use the analog stick to steer. As for the main story mood this is where the game is much different. The game doesnt offer many characters (Only 4) Sweet tooth, Grime, Dollface and that preacher person or whatever. The story is more in depth kinda like the past ones with cutscenes. the cutscenes are pretty darn good honestly and makes up for it. The gameplay is fair. the AI is tough for one main reason... All AI bots only attack you and that honestly doesnt feel like a free for all or anything. This game isnt a sequesl or anything.. its more like a different dimension of twisted metal black minus the dark shade colors and numerous characters. There are cars to choose from instead along with skins and paint color. Theres 8 stages (as far as I know) pretty massive but limited. If you youre a huge fan of the series (Like I am since the 90's) you will likely enjoy this.. I also like the feature of playing your own music in the game. It gives it a better vibe of jamming to some good stuff you like that pumps you up. Especially for a game like this. This game worth getting if it costs you no more than 20 bucks. Dont bother with the online, thats dead now
on April 14, 2017
I absolutely love this game and have since I was a kid . Still has everything the old versions have but better graphics obviously. It only took me a week to beat this game but we'll worth it
on April 18, 2017
excelente
on March 12, 2017
awesome game
on April 9, 2017
play alot.
on October 2, 2013
I have always loved Twisted Metal game series and this one didn't fail me either. I still haven't beat the final boss but loved every level leading up to it. I love the fact that this game comes with a warning saying "This game may cause seizures".
on April 10, 2012
Very cool and fun game but still not the same as the ps2 versions. Overall I give this game 4 stars. Still haven't played the online part still need to get code since I bought this one used. Once I play the online part I can give a full review for the entire game. So far only played the career part. Cars are cool and game levels are fun as well. To be continued.
on November 16, 2015
Its not what I expected, boring.
on February 14, 2012
Mmkay, how to start... First off, don't hate the messenger! o_o This review is purely opinionated and should be taken as such. I'm the kind of gamer that's in it for the story and single player experience, thus I'm most likely not going to touch upon Online play. Sorry peeps. :( Plus, I'm doing this for the casual gamers out there, the ones who play for mindless fun, want a new game, and aren't hardcore 50+ hour gamers. If you're on the fence, I'm writing this for you! :) With that said, lets roll!

I really liked the game as a whole. Why? I'm glad you asked! :3 The graphics are were very nice! Very few levels to play, but they were huge! The cars are well made. The graphics don't go as far as KZ 2 or 3, but there is vast improvement since the release of TM: Black!
My moment of disappointment... Yes, it is true as other reviewers mentioned. There are only 3 characters who have a story in the campaign. The way it works is the cars that have different abilities, not the driver. So much for character individuality :(
I could go on about what other reviewers mentioned, but what I really want to put emphasis on is gameplay! I'm surprised people mention so little of it. If you wanna hear about characters and story, many others have written such. >_>
Ok, let me say that I'm am an avid gamer and I enjoy various genres and challenges! I can comfortably say I'm not the best gamer ever, but I'm pretty good (I'm not boasting, I swear!). o_o So now let me place the warning here:

CASUAL GAMERS BEWARE!!! lol

Having played the campaign mode on Normal difficulty, I'll admit, it was tough! O_O There are 3 difficulty levels, (Normal, Hard, Twisted). That's 3 difficulties of kicking player butt! D:

On top of a tricky button configuration, there is a LOT going on... When you play this game, you'll be dodging bullets and missiles, trying to aim a chargeable weapon, AND trying to maneuver important obstacles! This isn't a simple game, by no means! This game WILL in fact test your dexterity!

Something else to consider is your patience as a gamer! Personally, I can put up with a lot, but there were times where I became VERY frustrated! In the campaign, it will feel as if you (the player) are public enemy #1 at all times. The AI rarely fights each other, keep this in mind! ._. This is especially apparent when you fight a mini boss called the Juggernaut. It's a semi that has increased armor, has potent firepower, and spits out a new opponent to fight every so often if you don't beat him fast enough. When this mini boss gets a twin to help, and other enemy drivers are trying to kill you, it becomes one Hell of a fight... Then they make you fight 2 of them with badass upgrades further into the campaign... I nearly cried when I got to that stage... T-T

The races (yes, TM has races, crazy, I know :P...) can be tricky to maneuver when people are tossing your vehicle around with various explosions and ramming. They were fun, don't get me wrong, but in those moments of cheap shots, I was ready to use words that would stupefy an entire nunnery for generations to come! o_O

Oh I must absolutely mention the Electric Cage matches -.-
In a level, there will be a barrier that changes positions. Think of "capture the zone" type of gameplay. You have to fight in this barrier. If you stay outside the barrier for too long, health depletes. Now the challenge is trying to race to the next location, and often the AI would cheap shot me by freezing my vehicle (a special move that can be done) in place.

At the end of it all, I will say that this game made me work for that victory, lol! I personally appreciate that, but I also understand some gamers out there don't want an uphill battle, but in contrast seek mindless, casual fun. Just know that playing the campaign will be a challenge! :3

To conclude, my recommendation on buying this game, especially if you're the casual type, is to wait. I don't confidently think it's worth a $60 experience. BUT I will say I'm so happy I pre-ordered this, because Amazon had an offer to upgrade to the Limited Edition version, which came with a Redeem code that gives you a downloadable version of the PS2's Twisted Metal Black for free! I loved Black, so that was quite a bonus! The more skillful gamers out there will have a lot of fun with this game, but everyone else should know that there will be a struggle. I'd almost say you'll want to have the attitude of, "This is meant to be more challenge than entertainment". Definitely rent or borrow from a friend first, because the only way to know for sure how you'll like it is to play it personally! Other than that, I wish all of you happy gaming, good luck, and thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! :D

P.S. I'm so freaking sorry it's a long review, I was caught up in being informative! D:
2828 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.