Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Two-Day Diet
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on May 30, 2013
I really like the book and the diet. I started it three weeks ago and I have lost 9 pounds and kept them off. It is really motivating me to stick to it. I've been on almost every diet out there. I've lost and gained a 100 pounds over the years. This diet proves that I need to ;limit my carbs but not to the extremes that Atkins and Metabolic Research do. I can go out and I can have my glass of wine 3 times a week. I'm learning to make this my life style.
on July 6, 2009
The 2 Day Diet really works. I lost over 35 pounds on it over a 6 month period about 20 years ago. It is not hard to stay on this diet because you can eat some of your favorite foods, e.g. popcorn, pizza, etc., after each 2 day stricter period. It also helps to drink lots of water, lower your caffeine intake from soda, and get some exercise.

I wish the authors would release an updated version of the diet with new food and dietary considerations. In any event, this diet really works. No need to buy expensive foods from other diet programs.
on April 17, 2006
I originally went on this diet in 1989, after Redbook magazine printed an article about it. The first time on it, I lost 15 lbs in three weeks. I lost the article, but was able to remember most of the diet. I just found and purchased a used copy of the book, printed in 1988, on Amazon.

Whenever I need to lose some weight, I go back to this diet. My coworkers and I just had a weight loss competition using it. In less than six weeks, we lost 21, 20, and 10 lbs., respectively. (The 10 lb. loss was due to a mid-diet Vegas vacation).

Its easy to stay on this diet, knowing that you have an "off" day every two days. The "off" day menus allow you to have (in moderation), nearly anything you could want.
on June 29, 2014
This book is very helpful. If you follow it, it does work. But don't be mislead by title. You are on a calorie restricted diet. I have been following it for about three weeks now and have lost 8 pounds. And that's with going out and really cheating a few times. Really a common sense book. We all know what we should eat and not eat. Made one recipe that was good and will be trying more.
on November 4, 2013
this book is the bomb. it is a healthy meal plan and it allows you to eat stuff you really want. i have many friends that raved about the book when i told them about it. you will lose weight even when you have slight boo boos. a must for those who want to live healthy and lose weight.
on October 25, 2002
I agree with the other reviews I have read as far is this is the kind of diet I can stick to because I get those "cravers". I am only on my first week, but if I eat all the food it allows "on" days I am not full, and I cannot eat all of it on the "off" days, and I get my little dose of chocolate on my off days. I am one who starts a diet on Monday and rarely makes it through Tuesday. Knowing I had those "cravers" on Weds kept me going. I hope it keeps working.
I would however, love to see the authors do an update on this book to cover foods like fat free mayonaise, butter etc as their could be some modern diet foods that could be added to list.
on May 14, 2014
Not a bad plan-2 days on a strict eating plan followed by 2days on a less restricted plan. However, this gets boring very quickly because of the limited number of food choices for the "ON" days. With all the changes in nutrition since the book was first published, the foods offered are not necessarily the best/or only foods. It can be hard to eat a lunch with a vegetable if you are not at home to prepare it since you cannot have salad dressing except on your "OFF" days so salad would be eliminated for most folks.

On the plus side, it is easy to understand the plan, initially you loose pounds fairly quickly and you don't have to buy a lot of odd foods. If you only need to loose about 5-10 lbs, this one will probably work for you.
on July 8, 2013
The recipes for the On Days really have limited items. Basically eat vegetable(s), a meat, a fruit, OFF days add a little variety or CRAVE foods, but not what I had thought. Also, I was disappointed that the book was not updated for some of the new information about nuts and Olive Oil.
on November 6, 2012
my daughter has lost a lot of weight on this diet, 25+ lbs. You have to be very strict and you have to like yogurt & cottage cheese, so it's not for everyone.
on November 18, 1998
Although I like the idea of the diet in the book, and I've heard it really works well, for lacto-vegetarians like myself there are only 2 protein sources for every day - hard cheese and cottage cheese! No soy foods, no beans and no vegetarian protein entrees at all! How can I get ahold of the authors to modify this diet so that it will work for me?