Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 4, 2011
Usually, I don't write a review on my opinion of the movie. Usually, I just review the product itself. But I wanted to say a little something. Bambi was never one of my favorite movies growing up. Because of this, I haven't seen this movie in decades. I never even owned it on DVD. Well, times change & I decided that I must collect all of Disney's classic animated features on Blu-ray. So, I had to get Bambi. But am I glad I did. See, I've always been into the art of animation & nobody did it better than the classic Disney artists. And Bambi may be one of the best animated movies of all time. Okay, on to the review.

After Disney's stunning release of "Alice in Wonderland", I knew that Bambi would have the same care & quality put into it's remastering. And I was right. It's pristine! Not a spot of grain, dust or any kind of particle. The colors are duller than "Alice", but of course this is the way the original film was. It's a more natural palette, because that's what the film is about, nature & life & death & rebirth. The sound on the disc is wonderful as well. I don't think I ever noticed the beautiful music before I watched it on Blu-ray. Bottom line, is that this release is perfect, as far as the film is concerned.

Let's talk about the extras. There are a few behind the scenes & deleted scenes. Most of these are from the DVD release, which I never owned, so they're new to me. One of the Blu-ray deleted scenes is a song called "Twitterpated". Whoever they got to sing the version on this disc is horrible & the song itself is not so good either. Glad it never made the film. Another deleted scene is one from the book. It's about 2 autumn leaves holding on to a branch & having a conversation about life & the unknown afterlife. This deleted scene is semi-animated with a Flash type of animation. The scene itself is a great one, but I'm also glad it didn't make the film. It wouldn't have fit in & probably would have slowed the film down.

As usual, with their classic Disney Blu-ray releases, Bambi also has the useless Disney View, which thankfully, you don't have to use. This is where the black side bars can be filled with similar colored paintings, to fill your widescreen TV. The logic behind this is so stupid. For years, we all had 4:3 (square TV's) & when we watched movies that had a different aspect ratio, we watched it with black bars on the top & bottom, in a letterbox format. Sure, people who didn't care about film complained about this & were happy to watch the movie with parts of it chopped off. So, finally, we get widescreen TVs that get rid of, or diminish the black bars. But when watching 4:3 films, we get black bars on the sides. We're not losing any of the film at all & are seeing it at it's regular size. I really can't think why anyone would care that there are black bars on the sides, but apparently, Disney does. So, they fill up the screen, taking away from the film itself. It's my belief that anyone who watches these films with Disney View on should just stop watching movies all together.

With Bambi, Disney gives us a new feature called Disney's Second Screen. With this feature you can sync your Apple iPad with your Blu-ray player. While the film plays on both your TV & your iPad, you can play games or read trivia on the movie (I guess). Just another distraction from watching the film itself. Another useless waste of space on the Blu-ray, that maybe 1% of the people who buy this Blu-ray will ever use. I would complain, if the movie itself wasn't perfect.

Bottom line, buy it. Well worth it.
on September 15, 2017
We love this movie and wanted to let our grandson love it too. The tape has already twisted but got it straightened before it was ruined.
on February 26, 2013
While watching the new BAMBI blue-ray disc, the one new feature that was added was an interactive one. I am not sure it is featured on the DVD of this release, but I hope it is added to ALL future Disney blue-ray discs releases of the classics, it is * Inside Walt's Story Meetings - Enhanced interactive edition".

You can select this method and what it is is, actors performing the original "sweat box meetings" where they discuss developing the entire movie. All you hear are the voice of the actors playing Walt and the Animators, but you see stills of them working or concept drawings related to the film as it plays on the screen itself. Now keep in mind the film playing is not the entire image, it is mixed with sketches, drawings, paintings, test animations and pictures of the animators working, etc. It gives you a live indepth look into the thoughts behind the emotional choices for characters, story, etc. Hands down THE best bonus feature Disney has ever added. And every once in a while you hear a subject matter like a character choice or a song choice or lighting and it gives you an option on the screen on bottom to hit enter when you want to branch off and hear and see more on the subject, then it takes you right back to where you left off. It is like being in on story development meetings. Made a good Disney movie even better!
on March 4, 2017
My 4 year old grandson has watched this since he was almost 3 and continues to enjoy it over and over again!
on July 12, 2017
Someone is clearly poaching. Bambi shouldn't have survived that first winter without a mother. Kids enjoyed it...but in left with so many questions
on October 5, 2014
Great Disney Movie! I love to story of Bambi and really enjoy this version of the classic. I am so glad Disney decided to start bringing back the older animated movies in Blu-ray/DVD combo packs. It makes it easy to watch at home or in the car. I can't wait for more Disney movies to be released.
on October 8, 2017
Great Disney movie. Makes you want to go out and kill a hunter.
on June 27, 2017
Just as I remember it! Thank you for making it affordable.
on October 3, 2017
It's Walt Disney's Bambi. I don't need to say anything more.
on July 24, 2017
Golden oldie. I bought it for my granddaughter.