Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
on September 6, 2011
We bought this for our twins before their first birthday. They haven't really 'gotten it' yet, but since the birthday cakes at the end of the story have 3s on them, I suspect they'll catch on eventually (they are only 1, after all!).

I appreciated that this book did a good job of portraying twins as just like any other kids, while at the same time highlighting all sorts of special and unique features (built in playmate, how special 'two' is, the fun things that can happen on your birthday, etc). The book also did an excellent job of not 'pigeonholing' identical twins into a life of forced similarity. The twins in the story clearly have their own tastes and styles even though they look quite alike. In addition, the pictures are very cute and the rhyming is well done. It is an easy book to read (and read, and read!).

The book claims to also be perfect for children that aren't twins, but eh, that might be a stretch. Not in a negative way, rather that this book is *far* more relevant to twins, or the siblings of twins (or the parents of twins!). I would most certainly purchase this book for any other sets of twins I know.
We have 2 year old boy/girl twins and wanted some good board books for them about twins so they could understand their special bond. We found a couple but we like this one the best. The book shows all kinds of fun things that twins can do together and that lots of things come in pairs. I like that this book explains that twins can both look alike and do things together or they can dress differently and play with other friends but they are still twins no matter what. It shows that twins always have someone there. The pages are nice and thick and should withstand the toddler era and the twins portrayed are fairly gender neutral so any combination of twins should be able to enjoy the book. I highly recommend this book to anyone with twins so they know they are special!
on July 6, 2016
This book is adorable! I love that I have a book that relates so well to my twins. Yes, every other children's book is great, too. But to have a book that speaks directly to the special thing that twins have is wonderful. This book is a great way to show that their differences from singletons make them special.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2014
TWO!

Two is among the first words our twin girls learned thanks to this book's frequent refrain.

Between Lewison's catchy rhymes and Nakata's bright (if a bit impressionistic) art they've learned when to yell "TWO!" as I read it with them.

It's one of the books they'll pull off the shelf and ask for, I recommend it for anyone with young twins.
on July 14, 2016
This book is really sweet. The illustrations are lovely and is just perfect for twins. Although it is more for identical twins, I bought it for a friend that is expecting fraternal twins. She thinks it's just perfect them. The book came quicker than expected and packaged nicely. There were no defects or markings. I think it might even work for siblings who are very close in age. Overall I definitely recommend this book. Also if you have friends who are expecting twins I paired this with the copy/paste onesies and a Twins DVD which is kind of hilarious.
on May 17, 2017
Perfect for Baby Shower extra, friend having twins
on June 20, 2014
Super cute book. My twins just arrived and Im so excited to read it to them. Im sure it will quickly become a favorite in our house.

Edit to add my twins are 3 now and this book is a favorite. They love that it's about twins! If you have twins, get this book!
on August 29, 2016
What a cute book about twins!! My girls love it! The twin boys in this book are super cute. I had hoped they were girls, but couldn't tell by the cover. The rhymes are mostly easy to read, there's a couple places that seem to fall off the rhythm, but not too bad. Oh well. Fun to read, we have read it over and over again :)
on May 12, 2016
My twin boys love reading this book.. I don't think they have quite yet identified that they are in fact twins themselves at just 2 years old, but its nice that they can see the pictures and read the story of the twin boys doing various activities together. I think it will help them to identify themselves as twins and its an adorable book.
on August 30, 2016
My FAVORITE twin book we have! Cute rhymes and adorable pictures.