BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 17, 2013
This little timer is adorable, and the idea behind it is a great one. However, it doesn't work. Right out of the box it worked once, and then after that it would only run for about 3 seconds before it would quit. A couple of other things I noticed about the design of the product itself: there is no clear explanation (especially for a small child) about which direction to turn it such as arrows perhaps. It might be logical for an adult to turn it clockwise, but not necessarily for a little one. There was also no "stop" at the #2. You could turn it to 2, but you could keep turning it and turning it and turning it. All in all, a wonderful idea, but if it doesn't work what's the point?
on July 3, 2014
This is just the cutest 2 minute timer for brushing teeth reminders. I just got it today, and I can't wait for my daughter to use it, since she always says she brushed her teeth well, when I am sure it wasn't 2 minutes. The timer works well. I hope it lasts.

UPDATE: at first my daughter was amazed at the shape and the 'tik tik tik tik' noise this makes. After the excitement is is over, it works for what it is supposed to do. It reminds how long she is supposed to be brushing. Now she is so used to it and uses it on her own without a problem. I am glad I got this timer. This is a cute item that is important for my daughter.
on April 1, 2017
If I could give less than 1 star I would. This twooth timer only worked a couple times before it completely stopped every time between the 2 & the 1. I returned it after only having it for 2 days. Don't waste your money on this timer. It's a great concept if only it worked. I wish I would have read the reviews better on this one. Amazon was wonderful about the return process though & as soon as I dropped it off at the UPS store they credited my account.
on July 26, 2017
Waited a while to right a review because I saw a lot of reviews that the broke easily. Hopefully I'm not jinxing mine, but my kids use it every morning and they are not gentle kids by any means! No problems! We love it and it works great!
on August 24, 2015
Adorable timer--the kids loved it. I loved it. But it isn't built to last, which is pretty unfortunate considering a wind-up timer really shouldn't be so difficult to manufacture in a way that will last. Apparently mine lasted longer than most--about a year, maybe a bit more. There were plenty of times it would stick or slightly malfunction.... and then finally it bit the dust. I'm just not happy having shelled out $10 for a glorified egg timer. I wanted it for how appropriate it was (we only used it for teeth brushing and potty timing before bedtime for our now 4-year-old), but perhaps I should just get a regular kitchen timer. Those things tend to last forever.
on October 28, 2013
As I get older, I get more fearful of the day my teeth will fall out of my head. So after my dentist informed me that I should be brushing my teeth twice a day for no less than two minutes each session, I decided to get a timer to ensure I am following his instructions precisely. I could just use the timer on my phone, but I don't like to set my phone near the sink while water is running.

This timer was relatively cheap for its purpose, and I'm not afraid of dropping it in the sink or getting toothpaste near it if I have an errant expectoration issue.

Sometimes if I turn it too far past the 2 it won't start, but all it takes is a little nudge to get it on its way. I imagine if you have kids this would be a great timer for them to use as well. Easy for small hands to start, and the noise makes it obvious when your two minutes are up.
on January 30, 2014
I bought it to encourage my daughter (who just had her first cavity at 8) to brush her teeth longer and more thoroughly. The 2 minute timer is perfect and works great! What I didn't realize is that there is also a 1 minute timer mark -- score! -- for her fluoride rinse. What a great product. I would recommend to anyone!
on November 18, 2013
Stopped after 4 seconds--straight out of the package. I could not get it to go any longer without touching/tapping/pressing on it to nudge it more. Then my 4 yr old tried to fix it and it went maybe 20 seconds, when perfectly balanced flat on counter top. The arrow doesn't even line up with the "0" "1" and "2" marks. Looks cute and simple, but SO disappointed, especially for the price!!! I knew I was taking a risk based on prior reviews, but geez...next time I take a risk on such an inconsequential item, I'll make sure it doesn't cost so much. Now, if this mom of 3 can find time, I'll see if there's a return policy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2017
I got a broken timer delivered to me. When I read the bad reviews on here, I thought people were exaggerating, but it turns out they were not. Do not waste your time/money on this.
on March 23, 2017