|Item Weight||84 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||66.14 x 6.6 x 5.08 inches|
|Item model number||TG-AM2T20148|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||TG-AM2T20148|
|Cover Included||Side Step Bars|
|Vehicle Service Type||Truck|
Tyger Auto TG-AM2T20148 Star Armor Kit Fits 2010-2020 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition/2014-2021 4Runner SR5 / TRD Pro | Textured Black | Side Step Rails | Nerf Bars | Running Boards
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||66.14 x 6.6 x 5.08 inches|
|Vehicle Service Type||Truck|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Compatible with 2010-2020 Toyota 4-Runner Trail Edition & 2014-2021 4-Runner SR5 / TRD Pro
- TYGER unique patented STAR metal step pads serve a helpful step in and out of the cab. Particularly useful on lifted pickup trucks & SUVs. Dual girder system provides maximum protection for underside from damaging impacts.
- Up to 500 LBS weight capacity for each side. Heavy-duty 2inch diameter tubes. One-piece design. Dual stage powder coated textured black finish.
- Easy Bolt-On installation. No drilling required. (DIY instruction included in the package.)
- TYGER No-Hassle 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
TYGER AUTO focus on developing premium aftermarket auto parts that meet or exceed OE quality standards. All TYGER auto parts are covered with No-Hassle warranty and will make your vehicle stand out on the street ! Fitment 2010-2020 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition; 2014-2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5; 2014-2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
From the manufacturer
Outlast the Competitors
All tubes have sealed end caps to keep water and dirt out, and extend the life of your boards. TYGER Auto ensures that every step of production is done with quality control in mind. That is why they have perfected these black bars for better rust resistance. This entails the following three-step process:
1. Pre-treatment to remove impurities.
2. Special 'E-Coat' inside & out.
3. Dual-Stage Textured Black Powder.
Why Star Armor ?
- US Patented Design.
- Local Customer Support.
- TYGER Backs It.
More items to explore
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Perfect fit for my 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD. Took about 15 minutes to install on the first side (just to figure out my game plan and get all the toyota bolts off), about 5 minutes to install on the 2nd side. The running boards are a bit heavy but not overwhelming to do by myself - having help would make it 5 minutes each side. I put each end of the running board on a sturdy crate close to the truck that were about the height of where it was to bolt then crawled under (floor jacks or stands would work well). Dont tighten too much until you have all bolts in so you have a bit of play for hole/bolt line-up. FYI - my Toyota bolts were metric, the Tyger running board bolts are standard so have both socket types handy. I can't remember but the Toyo bolts are a 11or 12mm, and the Tyger bolts are like a 3/8 or 1/2"
- Nice design. Makes roof access for my kayaks/roof cargo box easy
- Minimizes side door dings from cars because of how the the running board sits/extend out (but not farther than the mirror).
- I live in the rainy Pacific NW climate - surface isnt slick.
- Does not mount much lower than the base of the door/body frame so virtually no reduction in clearance (but can be a slight negative or something to be aware of. Since they don't mount low under the door/body frame and they stick out a bit which for me makes getting out harder than getting in. (plus the TRD 4Runner does sit a bit higher than other 4R models which doesn't help) -
Shorter passengers thought it was much better with the running board installed, and my friends 6' and over had no issue. Must be just me getting old and 5'10".
Overall I'm really satisfied especially on how easy the install was, the better access to stand/get things off the roof rack, non-slip design and no loss of clearance. And... they really look good
Excellent product and packing design. To protect the inside from shifting if the box was placed vertically, Tyger even added a pressed board with an attached foam padding on each side. Mine had a manufactured date of about a year ago and still looked like it was just manufactured. Very impressive packaging design!
I also created rubber gaskets (not provided) to go between my 4Runner's metal and the Tyger armor bar attachment points, to further prevent metal to metal corrosion, see the pictures.
I added rubber steps (not provided) for safety. They can be ordered on Amazon and are a perfect fit after trimming the length by 2 5/8 inches. The width is perfect without cutting. I did the name for my rear Tyger armor I purchased separately.
These side armor bars should protect from grocery carts, door dings, possibly even side impact (if the car is low enough.
Although the Tyger bars have a rougher texture and shinier finish, the pipe diameter they are made of is similar to (although the Tygers appear to be a little bit larger) the TRD Pro OEM cargo basket. They look great together.
I'm happy to have these Tyger side armors on my 2020 4Runner TRD Pro.
Sticks out far enough to prevent door dings
Build quality better than expected
Coating looks nice but chips super easily. I chipped it already before install just by setting it on the garage floor.
All in all a worthy purchase. Cheap enough to keep me happy. I will end up swapping out the hardware for stainless and zinc plated. The painted bolts and washers are probably hiding a cheap metal. If they added or advertised that rhe hardware was actually a better material it would justify the cost.