|Item Weight||86 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||76 x 12.6 x 19 inches|
|Item model number||TG-JA2J2239B|
|Manufacturer Part Number||TG-JA2J2239B|
|Cover Included||Truck Accessories^ Side Step Armor|
|Special Features||Exclude 2018 JL Models|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Tyger Auto TG-JA2J2239B Star Armor Kit for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door (Exclude 2018 Wrangler JL Models) | Textured Black | Side Step | Nerf Bars | Running Boards
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fits 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door (Exclude 2018 Wrangler JL Models). TYGER Dual girder system provides maximum wheel-to-wheel protection for underside and rocker panel area from damaging impacts. Keeps Jeep from catching on rocker panel and hanging up on obstacles.
- Dual girder system provides maximum wheel-to-wheel protection for underside and rocker panel area from damaging impacts. Keeps Jeep from catching on rocker panel and hanging up on obstacles.
- Heavy-duty 2inch diameter & 0.120inch wall thickness tubes. One-piece design. Dual stage powder coated textured black finish.
- Easy Bolt-On installation. No drilling required. (DIY instruction included in the package.)
- TYGER Limited Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
TYGER AUTO focus on developing premium aftermarket auto parts that meet or exceed OE quality standards. All TYGER parts are covered with No-Hassle warranty and will make your vehicle stand out on the road!
- 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door (Excl. 2018 JL Models);
From the manufacturer
Star Armor Kit
Add some extra flare to your vehicle with these easy-to-install running boards. The unique patented star step pads not only provide some extra flare but are also a helpful step to get in and out of your vehicle. No drilling is necessary as these feature an easy have a simple bolt-on installation process. The dual girder system provides maximum protection for those unexpected impacts to the underside.
Patented Star Armor Design
These step pads are crafted by laser-cutting technology. They're welded to 2-inch heavy duty tubes in a one piece design that screams durability. All tubes have sealed end caps to keep water and dirt out, and extend the life of your boards.
Outlast the Competitors
Tyger Auto ensures that ever step of production is done with quality control in mind. That is why they have perfected these black bars for better rust resistance. This entails the following three-step process:
1. Pre-treatment to remove impurities.
2. Special 'E-Coat' inside & out.
3. Dual-Stage Gloss Black Powder.
Tyger Auto’s main goal is to build new and innovative products that emphasize style, quality, durability, and functionality. The entire Tyger Auto family shares your passion for automotive customization and we continue to expand and diversify our product line to meet your needs.ER Auto family shares your passion for automotive customization and we continue to expand and diversify our product line to meet your needs.
Founded by a group of US and Canadian experts in the aftermarket auto parts industry, Tyger Auto is a multinational team with warehouses located in California USA. We know very well what automotive enthusiasts need and like, so we approach every detail from a user’s perspective. That means starting with affordable, high-quality gear.
At Tyger Auto, we only design and make what we’re good at, with passion! The parts you find here will make your vehicle stand out!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was a little skeptical about getting these bars because people seemed to be complaining about hardware issues and misalignment of the bolt hole pattern, but decided to take a risk, All in all I am very happy, and don't think any other brand is going to do much better on fitment or hardware, but wanted to give others enough detail to decide for themselves. (For comparison I was installing these on a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.)
The Good: These are well packaged, solid and very heavy. As far as I can tel,l the bars have more points of contact (3 points of contact) than many of the name brand competitors (2 points of contact) that charge $100-$200 more for the same type of product. I was able to remove the old factory steps and install the new rails by myself in the driveway in about 3 hours with the assistance of 1 jack stand. The hardest part of the install was actually removing the old hardware. (Even with a generous dose of PB Blaster I had a nut break loose from the bracket that held it inside the frame so I had to cut the bolt with a dremmel carbide blade to get the old step off.) I had none of the hardware alignment issues that others reported (all the holes were in the right place if you got the bar aligned properly), and complaints about difficult instructions seem to have caused Tyger to include instructions that are clear and include lots of pretty pictures. I suspect that some of the people that previously reported bolt hole alignment problems probably didn't start on the right side of the vehicle (the instructions a very clear that you need to start at the rear of the vehicle and move forward), didn't put the bar in the right position when they attempted to fit the bars, or don't know how to loose fit a series of bolts and then progressively tighten to center. Generally, if you start mounting from the rear of the vehicle and move forward (otherwise the bar won't tuck under the body mount when you try to bolt the rear part of the bar.
(1) The instructions assume that the underside of the jeep is either all open (07-11), or all threaded (11-17). For some reason my jeep had a threaded hole in the rear on each side, but open slots in the front and middle positions. The hardware that was included did not include a bolt of the right size for the threaded hole. I was able to re-use one of the old bolts from the OEM step to attach the new bars, but if your jeep has seen a lot of water/corrosion you may need to buy a couple of new bolts to get the job done.
(2) Instead of using clips (like the OEM steps) to hold the bolt in place on the inside of the body, Tyger has decided to use nuts that are welded to a bar. You have to gently slide the bar/nut into the body, and leave it sitting loose inside of the frame. I don't know if this is a cost saving for the manufacturer ($0.25?), but it makes installation a PITA. You have to very gently turn the bolt under the nut and pray that the nut has been centered well enough that it will thread itself. If I had to do it over again, I would consider buying clips & nuts at the local auto shop or hardware store to make the process easier.
Most recent customer reviews
I was surprised by the weight... they are very sturdy and the finish seems to be good too.Read more