- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (March 10, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047172114X
- ISBN-13: 978-0471721147
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.4 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,231,131 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Type Rules!: The Designer's Guide to Professional Typography 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"…is a quality addition to the typography student's bookshelf." (Designorati.com, 6/18/06)
From the Back Cover
"I've purchased and read just about every book on typography written over the last twenty-five years. Ilene Strizver's Type Rules! is one of the best. It's a book that will prove its value time and again."
—Allan Haley, Director of Words and Letters, International Typeface Corporation
"Type Rules! is a 'must-have' book for students and professionals alike. I highly recommend it."
—Prof. Ed Benguiat, World-renowned type designer and educator, School of Visual Arts, NYC
Type Rules!, Second Edition is an up-to-date, thorough introduction to the principles and practices of typography. From the fundamentals to cutting-edge applications, this Second Edition has everything today's serious designer needs. Dozens of exercises reinforce authoritative coverage on such topics as how to select the appropriate type for the job, how to set type like a pro, how to avoid common mistakes, and how to design a typeface, as well as how to fully harness the power of major design packages like Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress.
This new Second Edition also includes three new features:
- Tech Tips—Instructional sidebars that succinctly explain how to achieve the covered typographic principles and techniques
- Type Tips—Expert tips and helpful hints that offer insightful details on covered topics
- Educational Supplements—Exercises and assignments that reinforce material and show how to apply techniques in the real world