|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.00 (73%)
Tyrant: KING SERIES, BOOK TWO Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 276 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
What worked for me:
1. King’s crude language. It fit him so well, and I just couldn't get enough of it and of him.
2. Ghost Preppy – he added the much needed comic relief to a very dark story.
3. Bear’s loyalty to King and his affection for Doe - what happened to him didn't kill either. I was incredibly impressed by his dedication and his resilience.
4. Nadine - she added some nice spunk to the otherwise flagging energy in Doe aka Ray’s early POV chapters.
5. Doe’s dad – the birthday party memory, the boat house scene and the reunion scene were all stellar dad moments. The senator wasn’t always a prick. It was wonderful to see him step up and embrace being a real dad again.
6. The Villain – this story had a lot of villains, but one of them took me by complete surprise. I have to give Author T.M. Frazier mad props for that. Bravo!
What didn't work for me:
1. The typos – some of them could be attributed to style choices or common mistakes, but there seemed to be a lot of blatant writing errors that jumped out at me.
*****************Spoiler Alert!!! **********************
2. I didn’t like the fact that Doe and King spent 90-95% of the novel apart. Her POV chapters dragged quite a bit until they were together again. That's a plot style choice that I simply don't respond well to at all.
*****************END of SPOILER**********************
'Maybe when I lost my memory, I grew a pair of balls.' Doe
‘There was a wild part of me that flourished when I was with King. I liked who I was with him. I knew who I was with him. That part, the part that couldn’t be controlled, belonged to King, and no matter where I was or where he was or what either of us were doing, no one could ever take that from me.’ Doe
‘With King, I was the me I wanted to be. The me I was supposed to be. And that girl, belong to King. Body and soul.’ Doe
“You see what you do to me? Do you feel how badly I want you?” All I could do was nod. I wasn’t even sure what he was asking. At that point, the answer to everything was going to be YES.
These two were just as hot together as they were in their first novel. I really appreciated that consistency. *wink*
I’ll definitely read Lawless (King #3) which has a December 2015 anticipated release date. Bear is such an intriguing character and deserves his own story. I really hope that Author T.M. Frazier and her editing team give it a more thorough review than they did King and Tyrant before hitting publish though.
**See goodreads.com/NMmomof4 for my full review with spoilers**
Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Do/Ray and King's story. It takes off right where King ended. We get Doe/Ray with her old family before the memory loss, and having to try to fit back into her old life. It doesn't work so easily, but she has some memories coming back slowly. There is some major criminal drama that King is dealing with, some family issues for Doe, some sexy times, and a sweet epilogue...and they get their HEA ending.
POV: This alternated between Doe/Ray and King's POV.
Overall Pace of Story: Ok. I never skimmed and it flowed well, but I needed more happiness after all of the heavy in the end before the epilogue.
Instalove: No, feelings of love were already there from book 1.
H rating: 4 stars. I liked him better in this one. He handled stuff in a brutal and not "good guy" way, but it was his way. I really like how he expressed his love for his daughter.
h rating: 3 stars. Doe/Ray. She was just ok in this for me. I felt like she had a lot going on, but she became a little whiny (even though I need to stop being mean to hs and give her some slack because she was going through a lot).
Sadness level: Low. No tissues needed for me.
Heat level: Moderate. Not as many scenes, but still good chemistry.
Descriptive sex: Yes
Safe sex: No. Still no condom use, std stats talk, or birth control.
OW/OM drama: Yes
Sex scene with OW or OM:No
Cheating: Not really
Possible Triggers: Mild compared to first book
Closure: This had ok closure with a HEA ending, but I wanted more of their happy times before the ending.
How I got it: I paid the $3.99 on Amazon.
King and Doe spend some time apart at the beginning - King dealing with Eli and Doe, now reunited with her family, desperately trying to regain her memory. But there's no doubt they still belong to each other.
Piece by piece Doe starts to remember and every scene is either heartbreaking or shocking. Frazier excels at building suspense and tugging on your heart strings.
Scenes with Preppy and Doe's father completely did me in. I was a mess.
This book had everything - suspense, violence, hawt sex, surprises and twists, wrapping up an awesome love story. Even better than book one. Bravo, Ms. Frazier. I loved it.
**I bought my copy of Tyrant from iTunes**
Most recent customer reviews
I loved the suspense of Tyrant and all the twists and turns of the story. It was a little slow to start, but once it got going it never stopped.Read more