Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 24, 2015
I couldn't be more disappointed in this watch. The discoloration of the black plastic fading - and the awful manner in which the orange band has been ruined by that has made this completely unacceptable in regards to durability. The proof of that is in the photos attached to this review.

In terms of performance - it's a simple watch. It'll tell you the time (with the hands) but good luck making any sense of the LCD display on the bottom. Instructions provided were far from helpful, too.
review image review image review image
on September 16, 2015
i liked the watch but the strap broke off after six months. Also the strap got dirty with time n the dirty word not go off. For the price I ain't pained about the loss though
review image
on May 17, 2013
After a few days, so far I like this watch. Be aware, it is BIG as is the fashion now (48mm diameter, 15mm deep). At first, I thought it would be too big for me but now that I'm wearing it, I like it. It keeps accurate time.

PACKAGING/OPENING: The display box it comes in is very hard to get the watch out of. You have to break off a plastic panel thing on the bottom of the box then cut the zip ties holding the watch in the box. The watch comes with a little plastic piece (called a crown stopper) on the stem that is also near impossible to remove and doing so improperly could probably break the delicate stem.

The setting/operation instructions that come in the box are scant, very difficult to decipher and obviously written by someone for whom english was not their first language. I eventually figured these out.

BIGGEST ISSUE: After I finally figured out how to turn the alarm off using the instructions, the watch continued to beep every hour on the hour. There was no way I could figure out to turn this off and I had to put the watch in another room otherwise it would wake me every hour. Not good since I want to use this watch for travel.
I looked up the contact info for the US distributor on the good old information superhighway web and faxed them. They emailed me back another sheet showing how to disable the hourly chime.
To toggle the chime on/off; Press and hold 'RESET' (bottom left), then at the same time press 'MODE' (bottom right).

There was some sharp-edged plastic flashing on the bottom of the clasp that stuck out and hurt my wrist. I filed this down and now it's comfortable.

For the price it is a great-looking and striking watch. I already have received compliments on it. Too bad about the lack of instructions, though. Having read some of the other reviews, I hope it keeps working.
55 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2016
This is a beautiful watch, great for wearing to the beach and otherwise in the summertime, and it keeps good time.

A couple of words of caution, though: the watch face is VERY heavy, and so if you accidentally knock it off a shelf, it will come RAPIDLY CRASHING to the floor, often causing the back to pop off. I've gone to the jeweler's more than once to have it popped back on.

Next, I personally find it difficult to control the alarm, which I don't use anyway and so I just remove the digital battery from the back. I'm perfectly happy with the analog part for keeping time.

Finally, the rubber watchstrap is not particularly durable and may need replacing from time to time.

So, if you remove (or silence) the alarm/digital portion, replace it with a better watchstrap, and be careful not to knock it off the counter, this is a wonderful watch, especially for the price!
on June 30, 2017
I got this for my Godson- he loved it, but us adults had a hard time setting it up. The directions were clearly not written by anyone whose first language is English. His Dad finally figured it out enough to just get it working, but IDK if it's ever going to be fully set-up.
on August 23, 2015
This is my second of these watches in a 6 month period. My daughter bought one for me Xmas 2014. I loved it and never got so many compliments on a watch. 6 months to the day, both of the straps that hold the wrist band down popped off. A week later, in the shower, the watch EXPLODED off of my wrist. The back flew off and out popped the entire mechanism.

Understand, I loved this watch. My daughter gave it to me. So, I bought a replacement. Approx. one month later, both the bands that hold the wrist band down have popped off.

it's a beautiful watch. But SHODDY craftsmanship. I'd give it zero stars if I could.
on May 14, 2015
This watch is classy, sleek, and very Impressive. Don't let 3/5 stars fool you, this is a very nice looking watch. With a digital portion added to this watch, water resistance, it has it all. However, I am extremely disappointed that I have to rate it so low, due to the following reason. When I setup the time, it was in perfect sync. The next day I wake up, the digital function is reading a completely different time than the mechanical function. It still does this to this day, and it was enough to drive my partial OCD nuts. However I love this brand of watches, and may try order a new one soon. I did show a picture of the watch with the different times being shown.
review image
on August 7, 2016
OMG. the band broke in 2 pieces after wearing the watch for less than an hour. If you look at the reviews, there must be some defect with the orange band material. What's even more alarming, is a bought a similar US Polo Assn. watch with an orange band a couple years ago from a local retailer and the same thing happened. I still have the watch. I had no idea this was a bigger issue. I think Amazon should stop selling this item.
on December 3, 2015
Probably the worst watch I've ever owned. Heavy, bulky, buttons are difficult to press, digits not visible in sunlight at all, color of the hands is the same as the color of the dial. Oh, one more thing - one swim in the pool, and the glass fogged from the inside. Watch went dead in about two weeks after that. Can't even move the hands. What a piece of junk!

And another thing - when you try to get it exchanged, they want you to pay for shipping the watch to them,m padded and insured, and cover return shipping and handling of $6,50. So it comes up to $12-$15, with no guarantee that they will honor the warranty.

So, remember - whatever you do, do not swim with this watch, so not go under the sun with it. Simply buy something else, if you want a functional watch.
on December 29, 2014
Love the look of this watch but I was ready to throw it in the trash because the hourly chime and alarm were so annoying. The instructions to turn on/off the alarm functions are a total joke. Whoever translated these instructions in english did not do a good job. I had to go online and research how to do it. Unfortunately, that didn't work either. The only thing that worked for me was to hold and press all four buttons down at the same time to turn off the chime and alarm completely. The date is off by one day but I'm so afraid I'll activate the stupid chime that I'm just going to leave it as is. I won't buy another US Polo watch if they have any type of digital read out included in the watch. Not worth the effort!