- Save 15% on a U45W Blue Jay Drone with Camera for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code U45WUSA1 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on an X5C Camera Drone for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code X5CDRONE at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on a U818A HD+ Drone for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code 818AHD10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code WIFIBLU2 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on a U28-1 HD Drone for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code U281DRON at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on an FPV DYS Drone Racing Kit for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code RACEDRON at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on FPV Drone Goggles for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code FGOGGLES at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on a Hubsan H111 Nano Drone for a ⚡️LIMITED TIME ONLY⚡️ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by USA Toyz. Enter code NANODRON at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
UDI U818A WiFi FPV Drone with Live Camera Feed - RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera and VR Headset Compatibility - Extra Battery and Power Bank For Longer Flight Time
|Sale:||$119.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FIRST PERSON VIEW (FPV) with VR HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: Drones with live camera feed allow you to view your flight directly from your Apple or Android mobile device (tablet or smartphone) via real time video
- TAKE STUNNING PHOTOS & VIDEO FROM THE SKY: Explore the world from a whole new angle thanks to the HD camera on this drone; Capture HD aerial photos & videos in crisp 720p with the built in 2MP camera
- HEADLESS MODE: The headless mode eliminates the need to adjust the drones position prior to taking off; The direction will be the same as your transmitter, making it a great drone for beginners
- LONGER FLIGHT TIME: An extra second battery and power bank are included to quadruple your flight time. This quadcopter drone makes a GREAT GIFT for any occasion. (Flying weight of 5 oz, FAA Registration NOT Required!)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
U818A Wifi FPV Upgrade with VR Headset Compatibility
- WiFi FPV (First Person View)
- VR Headset Compatible
- Live Video
- Long Flight Time with extra battery and Power Bank
- 720p HD Camera
- 4GB Micro SD for Extra Storage
- 360 Flips
- Bright LEDs
Long Flight Time - Bonus battery and Power Bank quadruples your flying time. It can be swapped or charged in place easily via USB.
7-9 minutes flight time per battery.
Recommended for Ages 14+
WiFi FPV, VR Headset Compatibility and Live Video all through an APP!
- WiFi FPV - This drone includes WiFi connectivity and the ability to view your flight through FPV (first-person view.)
- VR Headset Compatible - Sync a compatible VR headset directly with the controller to really bring life to your flight!
- Live Video - Watch live video and photo feed while in flight from your iPhone or Andriod with the WiFi FPV feature
- Gravity Induciton Mode - Allows you to fly your drone without touching your mobile screen through simple tilts of your phone.
Headless Mode - Fly the Drone Without the Worry of Orientation
When you choose a headless mode, regardless the direction the front of the drone is facing when you push the throttle to the right, your drone will go right, when you push the throttle to the left, your drone will go left.
If you are looking for a worry free, easy to operate, and simple to control drone, the UDI 818A Wifi with Headless Mode is the way to go. Perfect for Beginner to Intermediate flyers looking to have some fun, and if you are planning to be a drone master you can always turn the headless mode off for more precise flying.
Custom Route Mode
Trace the desired flight path on the mobile app screen and the drone will fly along the path unassisted.
Flips and Tricks
Perform 360º flips and rolls with easy joystick combinations.
Top customer reviews
Below is a comprehensive break down of the product:
Shipping and packaging - This drone manufacture packaging prevented any damage during transit and the box was appropriately sized. Opening and unpacking was an ease. Everything was clearly visible and easy to remove.
Extras- I was very surprised with the little extras this came with. The bonus battery and power bank were a very nice touch. The power bank came in very handy with maintaining a Phone charge while using the FPV mode. It also came complete with a 4GB SD memory card to capture photos and videos with.
Drone Construction and durability - at first look, I was a little concerned with the fragile appearance of UDI. The mother board seemed to be covered by a light (not fully attached) piece of plastic, the battery wires are exposed, and the wire that control the motors are run through thin plastic square tubes and connect to exposed motors. Even the blade guards presented a pause for concern..... however I was surprisingly impressed with its design and durability after taking it for multiple test flights (and major crashes) in various conditions. The blade guards are now my new favorite. Not only do they protect the blades WAY better than those on drones like the SYMA (which is one of my favorite drones to date). The design of these guards also help this cat like drone land on its feet (almost all the time.) They are built to flip the drone if it happens to find itself upside down without the assistance of the blades.
Flying and operations - because of this drones light weight it can be a little hard to handle at times. I would describe it as a little squirrely which is one of the two reasons I would class this as an intermediate class drone. It is very quick and fun to fly. However, it does not handle wind well at all! Even the A/C inside my house seemed to throw it for a loop. I had to conduct a few minute test flight each time prior to flying in order to make major adjustments to the trim. Which in the end, is a few minutes off the battery life and overall enjoyment. I found the "return home" function only worked if the drone was within 100 feet. Headless mode presented no real issues. The "stunt" and "Mode 2" (better known as high speed) worked as expected.
The Controller - This is where this drone looses me. The controller was not what I would have hoped for. It struggled to hold my phone no matter of the size (and yes I used multiple phones.) The tactile response was not pleasing at all. The most frustrating part is that there is no option to take a still photo or start video using just the controller. Which mean the only way to instruct the drone to start was by way of my phone and the FPV function.
FPV - this is the second reason I would classifie any drone as an intermediate class. FPV is very difficult to operate and get use to. I would not recommend a FPV drone for someone just starting out. Now... this drone does have the FPV function. Which was extremely difficult to operate. The lag between connection and distance limitations made it even harder to use. I tried using it inside the house and found that by the time the camera could relay that I was close to a wall I had already crashed head on into it.... I tried it again in a large field. Unfortunately even the slightest wind would carry this drone out of WIFI range of my phone (and I would loose complete control of it.)
Camera - The camera on this drone is AMAZING!! It took some really amazing shots. Unfortunately it is very difficult to capture photos for a number of reasons. First, this thing struggles to hold altitude and position. Second, the lag from the WIFI between the drone and the phone would cause us to miss a lot of shots. Lastly, the capture button displays at the top of the phone. This means you would have to remove your hand from the controls to press the button. Doing that would cause the drone to drop or fly off. To capture some of these photos I had to enlist the help of my wife. I gave her control of the phone (and ability to capture photos) while I attempted to hold the drones position.
Price - This drone is very fun to fly and has some great concept features. However, these flaws make it a little hard to swallow spending $140 even with the extras included.
As for practice for flying this, take this out to a field and practice low flying first. Use a small piece of plywood to take off on (so grass doesn't get caught in the blades). Then, start to gain altitude as you get better. Avoid high winds above 15 mph. If you get caught in any strong winds, use mode 2 flight mode to fly against it.
Outside of failures here and there, this is really fun to fly! Make sure you get extra battery packs!
Photo included of what it took 200ft in the air.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm very upset. I bought the drone because I like the way it looked but one of the motors wasn't working right so I returned it and bought...Read more