UDI RC 818A HD Drone Quadcopter with 720p HD Camera Headless Mode, Return to Home Function and Batteries - White
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Drone comes fully equipped with Full 720p HD Video Recording and Camera with 1280 x 720 resolution (30 Frames per second). Perfect for shooting Video or taking photos
- Headless Mode: Orientation of the Quadcopter in relation to the pilot. Great function when the quadcopter is out of sight. The direction and orientation is dependent on the position of the user. One Key Return Home Function: Avoid lost aircraft and bring drone back with the simple push of a button.
- Quadcopter can Take High Resolution Photos and Video with 2MP Camera and included Micro SD card.
- Drone Ready to Fly and comes with 2 batteries (3.7v 500 mAh) for continuous flight. Great drone for all level including for beginners and advanced pilot.
- Lightweight Drone with HD Camera - No FAA registration required for the quadcopter only in stock form.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The newest UDI 818A HD upgrade version with extra features including One Key Return to Home function and Headless mode flight. With the return to home function, the 818AHD automatically detects a home landing position and return back to the landing position automatically with a press of a button. With the headless mode feature, pilots can now easily navigate the aircraft from a distance by not having to worry about the orientation of the quad.
Features and Specification:
· Headless mode – Orientation of the 818A is dependent on the position of the pilot and not the initial designation of the aircraft.
· Automatic return home with the press of one button
· HD Camera 1280 x 720p
· LED navigation lights
· Low battery alarm
· 360 degree flips and rolls at the push of a button
· 6-axis Gyro stabilization system ensures maximum stability
· High/Medium/Low Speed Modes
· Flight Duration: 6-8 minutes Charge Time: 60-90 minutes
1 x U818A-HD RC Quadcopter with HD 1280x720P camera
1 x 2.4G LCD Remote Controller (does not include 1.5v AA batteries)
1 x 4GB Micro SD Card
1 x USB card reader
1 x 2-channel Battery Charger
2 x LiPO 3.7V 500mAh Battery
4 x Extra blades
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The flip buttons work and are kinda cool albeit a little gimmicky.
The camera is surprisingly decent quality. It works well in well lit conditions (i.e. daytime). I used the copter inside my house (bad idea) in relatively poor lighting and it was pretty grainy.
Battery life is only 10 minutes or so per battery but extra batteries are readily available on amazon. I bought 6 for $23 and it comes with a 6 bay charger. With the 2 it already comes with, that should give me 80 minutes or so of fly time.
I think this copter gives me the experience to learn how to fly for a low cost so I don't smash up my Phantom 3 should I choose to get one. It is also not a bad way to check your gutters without having to get the ladder out! (I tried including a video but Amazon downscales it so you can't see the quality for real).
One thing I suggest getting is an extension pole (I got one from Lowes for $40 that extends to 23 feet). I got mine stuck in a tree on it's maiden voyage about 45 feet up. I had to get a ladder out and use the extension pole to knock it down. I can see this happening a lot if you fly near trees and you are a newbie like me.
Only reason I am knocking it down 1 star is because the initial drone's camera didn't work and it took some time to get it all straightened out with the seller. However, all in all I think I'm pretty happy with it!
edit: So if this drone gets too far from the receiver it will just drift off on you. we had this happen and the drone fell into the only water in the entire park we were flying in. It floated somehow. I am not sure if this is intended but this one floats. the lights were still on so I grabbed it and un plugged the battery immediately. after drying it for a few hours we did a quick system check in the house and it fired right up. just got back from a flight through 2 batteries with no issues and the video even still works great. would highly suggest for beginner pilots looking for something durable.
Update: Just lost it in a tree. It got too high and started drifting. I throttled down, but it just sailed away. It's about 90' up in a neighbor's tree. Was great while it lasted! With the protective rings it'll get caught in a tree easily; so KEEP IT LOW AROUND TREES!
I purchased this and extra batteries after much research, looking for a stable easy quadcopter to fly with the grandkids. Headless mode, and return to home are features I wanted in a quad in order to avoid the common pitfalls when flying with kids. This fit the bill and would have been 5 stars had it not ended with system failure leading to total catastrophic loss. I didn't have the heart to give it 1 star because everything else about it was great!