The no-holds-barred action of the Ultimate Fighting Championship comes to your living room in the form of this incredible home-console package. If you've ever watched one of these tournaments in real life, you know just how vicious the competition gets; no moves are off limits, making for some disturbing results. This game lets you choose your combatant from a list of 25 heavy hitters (including Tito Ortiz, the 2001 light heavyweight champion), each of which has own fighting style. Every technique from street brawling to the most advanced martial arts is represented here, which allows for a creative approach. You can create your own brawler from scratch, choosing tattoos, builds, moves, and more. Once you're ready to rumble, choose to play in Arcade, Tournament, UFC, Champion modes, or play in Career mode, which allows for complete tournament customization. You can play against the computer or challenge a friend to a head-to-head showdown.
25 pros; customizable fighters; a variety of modes; awesome graphics; multiplayer action.
Release Region: United States
Release Date: June 5, 2002
From the Manufacturer
perfectly portrays the real-life mixed-martial arts pay-per-view spectacular; complete with stylized fighter entrances and signature submission moves. A full roster of the world's most accomplished athletes, including current UFC middleweight world champion Tito Ortiz, as well as classic brawlers like Dan Severn, await and promise to offer gamers more full contact fighting than any other title ever created. Plus tons of game modes including eight-player tournaments.
- Exclusive career mode: create your fighter then gain strength and ability as you train and fight your way to the championship.
- 28 UFC fighters and all the real, unbelievable mixed martial arts moves found in the Octagon.
- 4 exclusive UFC Fighters for Playstation 2 including Carlos Newton and BJ Penn.
- Upgraded tournament mode lets you choose a new round-robin tournament scalable for 6, 8, or 10 players!
- Amazing special effects showing realistic facial and body animations including individual muscle movements.