Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 19, 2016
This ultra life 10 year smoke alarm battery works for a few years, for sure. However, I purchased several, about half of which, in original packaging after two years, have a rusted positive terminal. These have resided in an conditioned indoor environment (air conditioned/heated home). This rusting didn't start until after the 1 year warranty expired.

If the battery didn't rust (poor materials in manufacturing), it would be a good battery. As it is, it is an expensive rusty piece of junk.
on July 14, 2013
The Ultralife battery I purchased here on Amazon and installed in our bedroom smoke detector DIED in less than 30 days after installation.

To rule out a problem with the smoke detector, I installed a new battery. No problem ocurred.

In prior years Ultralife made good batteries -- when they were manufactured in the USA. I think that is no longer the case for those batteries manufactured in China. Improvement in formulation, manufacture or quality control must be achieved if this brand is to able to maintain its former reputation. That's my opinion.

I can no longer recommend this brand of battery and would caution others to be aware of batteries made by suppliers with certain factories in China. That may be a broad brush stroke but with matters of Life Safety, I will not compromise, and I submit, neither should you.
on June 30, 2017
He states this battery will give you 10 years of use in a smoke detector, not true! This also is not what the battery actually looks like, see attached picture. The packaging says "Up to 10 years in ionization" i.e. life of the battery since packaged! I had already purchased the batteries he sent at 1/2 his price and they lasted 1 year at best.
review image
on January 13, 2013
I dreaded the semi-annual battery replacement for my Kidde i12060 AC-wired smoke alarms because of some rather high ceiling placements. When I read about this long-life battery, I was thrilled. Even if I only got a few years of life, it was well worth it.

I'm writing this rare review as I've just replaced my 4th of a dozen Ultralife batteries I installed. The first 3 lasted about a year. The 4th less than 2 years. A one-third replacement rate (so far) is not what I would call a product that has lived up to its claims.
on May 2, 2014
These batteries claim to work for 10 years - they do not! I ended up replacing all with Energizer lithium batteries, which work much longer than these. Not sure if these batteries were defective, but considering I purchased one for each of my smoke detectors and ended up replacing all, I believe that they just do not work. A waste of money!
on February 8, 2013
We have AC powered fire alarms that have battery backup. I thought it nice to just replace with a 10 year battery, save money and forget it. However in the one Fire Alarm that had a pop open battery compartment on it's face, this battery would not fit. The Ultra Life battery is about 1mm wider and 1mm longer than a standard 9V battery with very square edges instead of rounded edges. When it was placed into the smoke detector it was in so tight the spring did not move it to touch the contacts so the alarm didn't know it had a battery and beeped every 30 seconds.

Fit no problem in the other smoke detector so am happy about that one. So now I have 6 smoke alarms in the house all with 10-year batteries except 1. I might just replace that smoke alarm to make things simpler or the battery will go into an alarm clock as it's backup battery.
on March 5, 2016
This is my second time to use 10-year batteries in all the smoke alarms in the house. The first 10-year batteries lasted 7 years but we have a lot of lengthy power outages which drain the batteries. I definitely recommend these to anyone who doesn't want to contend with replacing smoke alarm batteries every year.
on February 19, 2018
Buyers should know the "10 year" refers to an ionization chamber smoke alarm only. If you want to use this in a CO detector, or dual sensor smoke alarm (ionization chamber PLUS photo-electric sensor), the battery will not last 10 years.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 5, 2017
The product came right on time and all batteries have been installed in my smoke alarms. I won't know how good they are until after their ten year warranty is up. But so far...so chirping!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 17, 2017
Battery was described as lasting 10 years, but went bad after only 8 weeks.ULTRA LIFE, 10 year, smoke alarm battery, U9VL-X