BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on February 17, 2013
PROS: Fits every key on my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro like a glove; ultra thin as advertised; this keyboard cover is so thin that I can even feel the bumps on the f & j keys; only slightly opaque, which allows you to see the letters & symbols on all keys; after using a different, $4.95 keyboard cover, this one is 99% unnoticeable.

CONS: This cover fits so tightly on the keys that a minor bit of air is trapped beneath the cover. This air can be squeezed out by placing all eight fingers on the center of the keyboard and pressing outwardly toward the keyboard's edges. Either way, it feels the same and the trapped air does not appreciably affect the cover's "feel."

I don't write many product reviews, but this particular keyboard cover is so good, I'm writing this review.

I replaced a (probably) two year old "tired," cheapie cover with the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for the MacBook Pro." The UPPERCASE cover came in very attractive packaging, a sign to me that the manufacturer is proud of their product - and, in my humble opinion, they have ever right to be very proud of this keyboard cover.

The difference in the old cover and this one was remarkable at the least. I read in another review of this UPPERCASE product that this cover takes some getting used to - not true! It's extremely easy to get used to and this cover is 99% unnoticeable fitting my keyboard like a ultra-thin glove. I can even feel the little raised bumps on the f and j keys, something I have not felt in the past two years while using the cheapie cover.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, low cost keyboard cover, you need look no further!
on June 29, 2012
I enjoy a nice cup of coffee whenever I'm home on my computer. I bought this keyboard cover 'just in case' I happen to spill any liquid while working on the computer as I have done in the past. Overall, the quality of this cover is excellent. They used very precise molds that fits PERFECTLY over the keyboard without any signs of misalignment, or inconsistencies.
One thing I would like to point out though is, with all keyboard covers, the feel of the keyboard will change, regardless of the brand or quality of the film you get. Each strike will feel mushier, but not stiff. Because it's one sheet, pressing one key will tend to pull on the keys surrounding it, thus requiring added pressure on your keystroke in order for your strike to register. They keystrokes feel like using a calculator with rubber buttons. You have to get used to it. Personally, I found myself typing less accurately for the first day but since I don't do any extended typing, I find that I dont mind it at all. You might however, if you find yourself writing pages of text as the keyboard will not feel as crisp as ones without a cover over it. It is however fairly easy to get used to.
If you want to protect your keyboard, get this. This is one of the best covers I have used and one of the best made ones. I plan on selling my air next year so I want to keep it as pristine as possible. This is more that enough protection to keep small spills away from your internals or bits of doritos and dead skin away from the insides of your computer.
This product does not come with an adhesive. It basically just lays over your keyboard. However, it will not fall off (unless you really try and flip your laptop upside down) as the fit is so snug over each and every key that it basically keeps itself in place.
I am giving this a 4 star review, rating excellent. The only reason for this is because I would have liked this pad if it had some adhesive around the edges of the film. Without adhesives, liquids will be able to bleed around and under the skin which may eventually find its way in the cracks between your keys.
on February 2, 2014
Mine just doesn't fit properly. I bought the cover for the 13 inch macbook pro and it is loose on the right hand side, so it sticks to my fingers and lifts up on the right side when I type. The left side fits perfectly. I'm disappointed because this is the most I've ever paid for a keyboard cover and it doesn't even fit. It came highly recommended...so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. It also came with these little scratch marks on the N and C key already that won't come off. I've washed it with the dish soap and sponge like it told me to on the case that it came in, and it still won't come off...so right off the bat it looks used and beat up.

I think I should stick to the $1.98 ones from China...at least they don't lift up whenever I type.
on September 3, 2012
The Macbook Pro keyboard is so open and exposed - very susceptible to accidents. I was looking for a keyboard cover to protect my computer from my 10-month old baby's sticky fingers and impromptu sneezes while Skyping grandma... but it does an awesome job of protecting my computer for all the things I didn't think of:

- my coffee as I'm doing my morning web surfing
- ingredients as I follow an online recipe in the kitchen
- residual breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner crumbs on my fingers as I type
- sticky baby fingers
- wet fingers when setting my computer up for a sitcom show for bathtime
- and the list goes on...

I'm so glad I purchased this. I haven't even had my new keyboard cover for a month and I already spilled soy sauce on my keyboard while cooking (using good ol' Allrecipes) - but the cover protected it from the spill and I was able to quickly pull the cover off before the soy sauce leached around the edges. It definitely saved me from the panic and headache of the ol' computer flip-n-dry technique. Whew!

Also, I originally planned to get one of those cute colored ones - but read the reviews and decided against them due to complaints about
- letter printing not being precisely placed, creating a doubling effect
- not being translucent enough for the lit keyboard to show through

Overall - one of the best laptop accessories I've purchased besides a privacy screen and compact speaker ball. :)
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
It took me so long to decide which clear cover to purchase especially with all the negative reviews, but I just decided to go with this one and it works perfectly fine! I thought it was going to be so much worse. However, It's soft, flexible, the keyboard lighting shines brightly through, the sound of tapping is softened, and fits my keyboard as close as it gets. Anyways, I highly doubt there is a perfect product that will satisfy every keyboard out there. You might have to tap just the slightest teensy weensy bit harder, but I'm noticing that it actually is training my fingers to not lift so high or stray away from the keys, which I guess I used to do previously. Oh, it also doesn't leave a keyboard outline on my screen when it's closed!
on December 29, 2014
I have been using this keyboard cover for over 1 year on a macbook pro (October 2013 model). It works great, and is very comfortable to type with. Because I bought it immediately after receiving my computer, I cannot even compare typing with and without the keyboard cover. I can just say that this works very well and is easy to get used to.

Fogging: Yes, the keyboard cover DOES fog up over time, but I do not have any trouble seeing through the cover. A photo is attached which shows what typical fogging might look like. I did not take a photo of the new product, though, so I cannot compare how the fogging occurs over time. The photo shown compares the uncovered keyboard (left) with the covered keyboard (right) using a 1-year-old keyboard skin.
review image
on November 21, 2013
I've purchased a LOT of keyboard covers (at least 15 different brands now) and I keep tossing them because they failed. But not this one! This keyboard cover is Apple-elegant in design. Unlike the picture, it is transparent once on and it fits down over the keys like a TRUE second skin which is not my experience with other covers. It fits so well that it has completely disappeared. No kidding.

The feel: It adds just a touch of texture which actually makes it easier to type on. However, I notice that I must push just a bit harder to activate the keys although it is VERY slight and not an annoyance. It is important that it protects (and it protects beautifully) but also that it stays put. The other covers I had would come off if the laptop was accidentally tipped on its side. I held my laptop upside down with this cover on it and it stays in place with NO movement. It fits so well on my 13" retina MacBook Pro that I cannot even see the edges

NOTHING can get under this skin. NOTHING. The other covers would allow dog hair and dust to work its way underneath but not this one.
on October 22, 2014
This COULD be awesome.. but I may have just got a bum one. This cover is super thin with a nice soft and smooth "matte" like finish, your fingers don't stick to it like other keyboard covers I've used. My issue is mine doesn't fit correctly, either one side or the other is centered on the keys and the other side is not, causing it so like and not stay in place as it should. I've tried taping the corners in hopes it will stay in place eventually but I feel like it may be a lost cause.

For $7 take a shot I guess.. maybe you will get one that fits correctly, but be prepared to toss it if not.

It really needs a "jelly" like backing to help create more of a suction to keep it in place but unfortunately thats not the case.

If it stayed in place it would be a solid 5 stars because its otherwise as close to nothing at all as you can get.
review image
on August 18, 2013
The more I use this, the more I like the feel of it. It fits perfectly on my 2013 13" Macbook Air, which is great.

HOWEVER (and this is why I took off a star) the keys on all four sides came with these really unsightly white marks - one of the marks is circular, like someone set a hot bowl on the skin before shipping it out. When I first took it out of the packaging, I almost returned it right away because the marks made it look like it was extremely poorly made or haphazardly taken care of prior to packing.

I'm glad I tried it out on my keyboard, though, because I'm happy with it for its function which is all I ask for and now I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it and looking for another keyboard cover. If you're okay with some visual imperfections, I recommend giving it a shot because the quality is way better than it looks, but if aesthetics are important to you, stay away. See the "customer images" I put up!

EDIT: It turns out the marks are on the underside of the cover (the part touching your keys), and they do wipe off (mostly) after a few careful passes with a damp q-tip or cloth.

Edit, October 15, 2013:
I have found this keyboard cover has left stains on my screen protector, so when the screen is dark I see all these white square marks on my screen. Mostly unnoticeable once the screen is on, though.
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 7, 2017
I've been using this for a long time now, and it works fine. I bought it initially because a couple of my keys were lose, and it held them in. I got the keyboard fixed, but I still use it. It is still in good condition and I haven't had to replace even after months of continual use. I have washed it. It holds up well. The keys are of course easier to see when without the plastic, but my fingers got used to the feel of the plastic, which is softer. So sometimes I use it now, and sometimes I don't. I especially like it when I am traveling. And it keeps the keyboard cleanr.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse