Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 5, 2012
I've been using a Moshi keyboard cover and after a few months it started to discolor. Moshi claims you can wash it, but it doesn't remove the discoloration. My Moshi keyboard cover is partially cloudy white and looks like the black from the keyboard has transferred to the keyboard cover. I found this keyboard cover for 1/3 the price of the Moshi and it's just as good. This keyboard cover fits just as well and feels thinner than the Moshi. If you're looking for a clear keyboard cover, look no further. You can't beat the price and quality of this one... I'll update my review if I notice any discoloration from this keyboard cover over the next few months.
66 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2013
PROS: Fits every key on my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro like a glove; ultra thin as advertised; this keyboard cover is so thin that I can even feel the bumps on the f & j keys; only slightly opaque, which allows you to see the letters & symbols on all keys; after using a different, $4.95 keyboard cover, this one is 99% unnoticeable.

CONS: This cover fits so tightly on the keys that a minor bit of air is trapped beneath the cover. This air can be squeezed out by placing all eight fingers on the center of the keyboard and pressing outwardly toward the keyboard's edges. Either way, it feels the same and the trapped air does not appreciably affect the cover's "feel."

I don't write many product reviews, but this particular keyboard cover is so good, I'm writing this review.

I replaced a (probably) two year old "tired," cheapie cover with the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for the MacBook Pro." The UPPERCASE cover came in very attractive packaging, a sign to me that the manufacturer is proud of their product - and, in my humble opinion, they have ever right to be very proud of this keyboard cover.

The difference in the old cover and this one was remarkable at the least. I read in another review of this UPPERCASE product that this cover takes some getting used to - not true! It's extremely easy to get used to and this cover is 99% unnoticeable fitting my keyboard like a ultra-thin glove. I can even feel the little raised bumps on the f and j keys, something I have not felt in the past two years while using the cheapie cover.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, low cost keyboard cover, you need look no further!
on January 3, 2017
I bought this cover about two years ago and don’t remember how transparent it was when I first got it. However, I do remember how fogged up it got after all this time and got used to the fact that if I wanted the keyboard protection, I had to have a fogged cover on my keyboard. It never dawned on me that the cover could be washed and renewed (made clear again) until today. I took the cover to the kitchen sink, used some dish washing liquid in a small bowl and a sponge and washed it thoroughly. Then I dried it with a yellow micro fiber cloth. I was impressed with the end result as the cover did not looked as bad as it did before (fogged). The cove is not 100% clear and it’s noticeable when covering the keyboard but if you were to accidentally spill something on the keyboard without a cover like this, it could ruin the whole upper case of the notebook since the keyboard and the case, including the track pad are all “welded” together and cannot be taken apart to be replaced. So invest a few bucks on a cover like this and avoid spending hundreds on replacement used case. By the way, the silicone cover doesn’t do any markings on the screen from having the cover on it all the time while the lid it’s closed.
review imagereview image
on February 2, 2014
Mine just doesn't fit properly. I bought the cover for the 13 inch macbook pro and it is loose on the right hand side, so it sticks to my fingers and lifts up on the right side when I type. The left side fits perfectly. I'm disappointed because this is the most I've ever paid for a keyboard cover and it doesn't even fit. It came highly recommended...so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. It also came with these little scratch marks on the N and C key already that won't come off. I've washed it with the dish soap and sponge like it told me to on the case that it came in, and it still won't come off...so right off the bat it looks used and beat up.

I think I should stick to the $1.98 ones from China...at least they don't lift up whenever I type.
on January 4, 2013
It took me so long to decide which clear cover to purchase especially with all the negative reviews, but I just decided to go with this one and it works perfectly fine! I thought it was going to be so much worse. However, It's soft, flexible, the keyboard lighting shines brightly through, the sound of tapping is softened, and fits my keyboard as close as it gets. Anyways, I highly doubt there is a perfect product that will satisfy every keyboard out there. You might have to tap just the slightest teensy weensy bit harder, but I'm noticing that it actually is training my fingers to not lift so high or stray away from the keys, which I guess I used to do previously. Oh, it also doesn't leave a keyboard outline on my screen when it's closed!
on December 29, 2014
I have been using this keyboard cover for over 1 year on a macbook pro (October 2013 model). It works great, and is very comfortable to type with. Because I bought it immediately after receiving my computer, I cannot even compare typing with and without the keyboard cover. I can just say that this works very well and is easy to get used to.

Fogging: Yes, the keyboard cover DOES fog up over time, but I do not have any trouble seeing through the cover. A photo is attached which shows what typical fogging might look like. I did not take a photo of the new product, though, so I cannot compare how the fogging occurs over time. The photo shown compares the uncovered keyboard (left) with the covered keyboard (right) using a 1-year-old keyboard skin.
review image
on November 21, 2013
I've purchased a LOT of keyboard covers (at least 15 different brands now) and I keep tossing them because they failed. But not this one! This keyboard cover is Apple-elegant in design. Unlike the picture, it is transparent once on and it fits down over the keys like a TRUE second skin which is not my experience with other covers. It fits so well that it has completely disappeared. No kidding.

The feel: It adds just a touch of texture which actually makes it easier to type on. However, I notice that I must push just a bit harder to activate the keys although it is VERY slight and not an annoyance. It is important that it protects (and it protects beautifully) but also that it stays put. The other covers I had would come off if the laptop was accidentally tipped on its side. I held my laptop upside down with this cover on it and it stays in place with NO movement. It fits so well on my 13" retina MacBook Pro that I cannot even see the edges

NOTHING can get under this skin. NOTHING. The other covers would allow dog hair and dust to work its way underneath but not this one.
on April 1, 2015
Nice item. Fits my brand new as in 2015 model MacBook Air 11.6" perfectly. Case fits tightly over it. Yes of course there's reduced pliability and sensitivity, but I often work at Starbucks and after a recent disaster there am willing to sacrifice a little of that. Note that this will almost certainly not protect against a serious liquid event, but should do well enough for the casual small tip or spill. I'm also using plugs for the ports, but the ones I've purchased don't look like they'll travel well. Maybe duct tape? Not joking here. Btw I also just received the Litop® Twin Color Series Silicone Keyboard Cover Keyboard Skin for All MacBook Air 11" and had to return it. I wanted to compare two of these items because the issue is pretty important and because they're cheap. The Litop a) was considerably less sensitive for typing but b) far more important, the lid would not close! The UPPERCASE is clearly to be preferred.
on October 22, 2014
This COULD be awesome.. but I may have just got a bum one. This cover is super thin with a nice soft and smooth "matte" like finish, your fingers don't stick to it like other keyboard covers I've used. My issue is mine doesn't fit correctly, either one side or the other is centered on the keys and the other side is not, causing it so like and not stay in place as it should. I've tried taping the corners in hopes it will stay in place eventually but I feel like it may be a lost cause.

For $7 take a shot I guess.. maybe you will get one that fits correctly, but be prepared to toss it if not.

It really needs a "jelly" like backing to help create more of a suction to keep it in place but unfortunately thats not the case.

If it stayed in place it would be a solid 5 stars because its otherwise as close to nothing at all as you can get.
review image
on August 18, 2013
The more I use this, the more I like the feel of it. It fits perfectly on my 2013 13" Macbook Air, which is great.

HOWEVER (and this is why I took off a star) the keys on all four sides came with these really unsightly white marks - one of the marks is circular, like someone set a hot bowl on the skin before shipping it out. When I first took it out of the packaging, I almost returned it right away because the marks made it look like it was extremely poorly made or haphazardly taken care of prior to packing.

I'm glad I tried it out on my keyboard, though, because I'm happy with it for its function which is all I ask for and now I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it and looking for another keyboard cover. If you're okay with some visual imperfections, I recommend giving it a shot because the quality is way better than it looks, but if aesthetics are important to you, stay away. See the "customer images" I put up!

EDIT: It turns out the marks are on the underside of the cover (the part touching your keys), and they do wipe off (mostly) after a few careful passes with a damp q-tip or cloth.

Edit, October 15, 2013:
I have found this keyboard cover has left stains on my screen protector, so when the screen is dark I see all these white square marks on my screen. Mostly unnoticeable once the screen is on, though.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image