Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: Non-Retina MacBook Pro 13"/15"/17"|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,567 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,697 reviews
on October 5, 2012
I've been using a Moshi keyboard cover and after a few months it started to discolor. Moshi claims you can wash it, but it doesn't remove the discoloration. My Moshi keyboard cover is partially cloudy white and looks like the black from the keyboard has transferred to the keyboard cover. I found this keyboard cover for 1/3 the price of the Moshi and it's just as good. This keyboard cover fits just as well and feels thinner than the Moshi. If you're looking for a clear keyboard cover, look no further. You can't beat the price and quality of this one... I'll update my review if I notice any discoloration from this keyboard cover over the next few months.
66 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2012
I enjoy a nice cup of coffee whenever I'm home on my computer. I bought this keyboard cover 'just in case' I happen to spill any liquid while working on the computer as I have done in the past. Overall, the quality of this cover is excellent. They used very precise molds that fits PERFECTLY over the keyboard without any signs of misalignment, or inconsistencies.
One thing I would like to point out though is, with all keyboard covers, the feel of the keyboard will change, regardless of the brand or quality of the film you get. Each strike will feel mushier, but not stiff. Because it's one sheet, pressing one key will tend to pull on the keys surrounding it, thus requiring added pressure on your keystroke in order for your strike to register. They keystrokes feel like using a calculator with rubber buttons. You have to get used to it. Personally, I found myself typing less accurately for the first day but since I don't do any extended typing, I find that I dont mind it at all. You might however, if you find yourself writing pages of text as the keyboard will not feel as crisp as ones without a cover over it. It is however fairly easy to get used to.
If you want to protect your keyboard, get this. This is one of the best covers I have used and one of the best made ones. I plan on selling my air next year so I want to keep it as pristine as possible. This is more that enough protection to keep small spills away from your internals or bits of doritos and dead skin away from the insides of your computer.
This product does not come with an adhesive. It basically just lays over your keyboard. However, it will not fall off (unless you really try and flip your laptop upside down) as the fit is so snug over each and every key that it basically keeps itself in place.
I am giving this a 4 star review, rating excellent. The only reason for this is because I would have liked this pad if it had some adhesive around the edges of the film. Without adhesives, liquids will be able to bleed around and under the skin which may eventually find its way in the cracks between your keys.
on July 15, 2012
Basically a condom for your keyboard, it's not as intimate as without, but it's safer.
Fits snug and makes the keyboard a little mushy.
22 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2012
The Macbook Pro keyboard is so open and exposed - very susceptible to accidents. I was looking for a keyboard cover to protect my computer from my 10-month old baby's sticky fingers and impromptu sneezes while Skyping grandma... but it does an awesome job of protecting my computer for all the things I didn't think of:

- my coffee as I'm doing my morning web surfing
- ingredients as I follow an online recipe in the kitchen
- residual breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner crumbs on my fingers as I type
- sticky baby fingers
- wet fingers when setting my computer up for a sitcom show for bathtime
- and the list goes on...

I'm so glad I purchased this. I haven't even had my new keyboard cover for a month and I already spilled soy sauce on my keyboard while cooking (using good ol' Allrecipes) - but the cover protected it from the spill and I was able to quickly pull the cover off before the soy sauce leached around the edges. It definitely saved me from the panic and headache of the ol' computer flip-n-dry technique. Whew!

Also, I originally planned to get one of those cute colored ones - but read the reviews and decided against them due to complaints about
- letter printing not being precisely placed, creating a doubling effect
- not being translucent enough for the lit keyboard to show through

Overall - one of the best laptop accessories I've purchased besides a privacy screen and compact speaker ball. :)
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2013
PROS: Fits every key on my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro like a glove; ultra thin as advertised; this keyboard cover is so thin that I can even feel the bumps on the f & j keys; only slightly opaque, which allows you to see the letters & symbols on all keys; after using a different, $4.95 keyboard cover, this one is 99% unnoticeable.

CONS: This cover fits so tightly on the keys that a minor bit of air is trapped beneath the cover. This air can be squeezed out by placing all eight fingers on the center of the keyboard and pressing outwardly toward the keyboard's edges. Either way, it feels the same and the trapped air does not appreciably affect the cover's "feel."

I don't write many product reviews, but this particular keyboard cover is so good, I'm writing this review.

I replaced a (probably) two year old "tired," cheapie cover with the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for the MacBook Pro." The UPPERCASE cover came in very attractive packaging, a sign to me that the manufacturer is proud of their product - and, in my humble opinion, they have ever right to be very proud of this keyboard cover.

The difference in the old cover and this one was remarkable at the least. I read in another review of this UPPERCASE product that this cover takes some getting used to - not true! It's extremely easy to get used to and this cover is 99% unnoticeable fitting my keyboard like a ultra-thin glove. I can even feel the little raised bumps on the f and j keys, something I have not felt in the past two years while using the cheapie cover.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, low cost keyboard cover, you need look no further!
on October 22, 2014
This COULD be awesome.. but I may have just got a bum one. This cover is super thin with a nice soft and smooth "matte" like finish, your fingers don't stick to it like other keyboard covers I've used. My issue is mine doesn't fit correctly, either one side or the other is centered on the keys and the other side is not, causing it so like and not stay in place as it should. I've tried taping the corners in hopes it will stay in place eventually but I feel like it may be a lost cause.

For $7 take a shot I guess.. maybe you will get one that fits correctly, but be prepared to toss it if not.

It really needs a "jelly" like backing to help create more of a suction to keep it in place but unfortunately thats not the case.

If it stayed in place it would be a solid 5 stars because its otherwise as close to nothing at all as you can get.
review image
on January 29, 2015
I read the reviews here and at first I ordered the UPPERCASE PREMIUM clear keyboard cover for the Macbook Air 13". I regretted my first purchase because the keyboard cover did not perfectly cover all sides of the keyboard. I was afraid that dust would get into the keyboard, so I returned the PREMIUM cover.
I bought this one, hoping that it would be different. And it is! It is a perfect fit for all the keys except for the function keys at the top, where the cut outs are a little bit taller than the keys themselves, but that doesn't make any difference in use.
I'm noticing now that the cover does make it a little bit harder to press the keys - or rather, the cover makes me feel like I need to press the keys harder. But I'm fine with that, so long as my keyboard stays covered!

UPDATE -----
I no longer use this keyboard cover. It yellowed and stretched out after about half a year, and what was unforgivable was all the oil marks (from my fingers) that were imprinted on the screen every time I opened and closed my Macbook. So I threw this cover out!
on January 22, 2013
I purchased this product because my S.O constantly leaves the room whenever I'm typing something on my laptop since he's extremely annoyed by the clicking sounds of me on my keyboard.
This really fixed the issue, and without interruptions to me typing. I mean, yes, it does type a bit slower sometimes, since I do have to type through this cover thing so clicking isn't as smooth as it was before, but it's so simple and easy to get used to, so it's barely noticeable.
It fits right on my laptop, I love it. If it needs cleaning, it's so much easier to clean this than to clean a keyboard, and this is washable (just make sure you dry this before you apply this on your keyboard, of course).

I just wish it wouldn't have gotten as dirty as it does sometimes, like every finger print just stays there.. but it's fine.
on April 1, 2013
I just got a new 13" Macbook Air, and was looking for a keyboard protector to fit. Compared to my former Macbook pro, the keys aren't as high on my air and for that reason I was worried about buying a product that didn't fit perfectly. My last keyboard skin for my Macbook Pro was made of soft silicone, and it bubbled up occasionally. When I closed my laptop, the silicone made imprints on my display. Since that one didn't fit my new Air, I was looking for a new one that's better quality than the last.

This keyboard skin has so far met all my expectations. It is MUCH thinner than my previous one, it fits my new air PERFECTLY (so it doesn't fit my pro), it doesn't bubble up, it's not as soft as the silicone one -so it does not leave marks on my display. Yay!

Like other reviewers stated, it fits snug right on top of the keyboard and doesn't come with adhesive or anything to make it stick. (Who would want something sticky on their new laptop?!)

Things I've noticed since using it:
1. I barely notice it. It does not (in my opinion) make the keys any harder to strike. If you don't look at the keyboard while you type, I doubt you would notice this skin much.
2. Having the skin on doesn't make the glow from the computer any harder to see.
3. It has prevented a lot of dust and fur from getting stuck between my keys (I have one cat)
4. I'm not sure how well this will protect you computer from a spill.

Let's be real here, you should still avoid spilling things on your expensive computer, even when it's wearing it's little keyboard skin. If I put cream on my hands, or if my hands are a little damp, I feel confident my computer is protected. However, still try to keep drinks away from it.

If you are looking for ways to protect your 13" Macbook Air, I recommend both this product and Incase Incase Neoprene Sleeve For Macbook Air 13-Inch - Black (CL57802)
on August 8, 2015
Simple and effective. Yes, it does slightly change the feel of the keys, but I find that it does not slow me down and I don't have to worry about dirt or liquid getting on the keyboard itself. I bought my first MacBook and this item at the same time, so I have never used my Mac without it, meaning I am totally used to having it on the keyboard. Will never use the keyboard without it now. I highly recommend this inexpensive way to protect your valuable Mac.