Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: One Size|Change
Price:$5.61+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 582 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 632 reviews
on March 5, 2012
"Size 4-1/2 T" in the description refers to how tall the hat is, which isn't very tall (4.5"). The picture is misleading; buyer beware.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
This hat is what it says it is. It is an inexpensive toy hat. That being said, it will work well for my needs. I needed this hat for a school drama production and it will work nicely for this performance. Because the material is cheap, I won't count on it being in great condition for next year's production, but it is possible that it could be. Nevertheless, it will certainly look great from on stage. It will easily fit the head of the small middle school male actor for whom I purchased it. It took 4 days to deliver and was carefully protected in the box so that it would not be dented.
on September 28, 2016
I bought this for my one-year-old son's Halloween costume. It's just okay. It arrived with the top pushed down slightly in a regular pattern. My hope is that by the time Halloween comes, that the hat will have relaxed a bit. He has an average size head. I was under the impression that this was for children, so I expected it to be a bit large on a baby, but this is clearly made for an adult.
on November 9, 2016
Great for kids a little big for my 10 year old boy
on February 13, 2014
I bought this for a Ya-Ya hat contest - and it worked perfectly. Firm enough to stand up to the craft glue and hot glue gun, but I can still easily get a needle through for adding beads and charms. Looks cute hanging from a hook on the wall, too. Most important, it IS wearable, with no allergy issues for my ridiculously sensitive skin.
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2013
This is the second hat of the stove pipe style that I purchased. I get lots of looks and smiles. My main complaint (which would probably apply to any generic costume hat in this category) is that fit is very tight and because there is no liner where the hat contacts your forehead it quickly gets irritating. This hat is a little more flexible than the taller model that I purchased so I recommend it a little more.

For comparison: My head measures about 22-1/4". The size of that hat is ok it is just that the shape was not quite right for my head.

Solutions:
Tight fit? squeeze the brim to see if you can bend the hat for a better fit.

Irritated forehead? Use glue or a hot glue gun to apply a thin piece of smooth material - spandex would be ideal.

Break it it! Before Halloween start wearing the hat for a half hour or while watching tv - same as you would for new shoes.
on August 8, 2012
When I first saw this hat I thought it would be perfect for my circus costume.. Now reading the description I see that i am the one who was mistaken and maybe I should have never bought this hat. I thought it would be taller for some reason. I regret to say that the picture is very misleading. I thought it would be taller but it actualy just looks like a stovepipe hat or a flat hat very normal and not costume/circus ring leader at all. I measured the height and it was only 4" instead of 4" and a half. I also don't believe that I should sacrifice quality just for the price. It's not like the hat cost me a dollar! I've seen hats that cost a dollar and are better in their purpose, like costume styled hats. I hope the next hat I buy is taller. If anything I'll still use this hat as a last resort but I'm not happy with it at all.

Bewar of the misleading photo!
Read entire description.
Keep looking for other hats on different sites.
on March 14, 2016
This top hat looks great for many costumes, but sadly is a bit small for an adult male head. I found it to be too small for me, and a too stiff to shape to my head for a decent fit.

Sturdy construction means it will stand up to several uses, and can coordinate with many costumes.

Not tall enough to be an Abe Lincoln stovepipe hat, though! Better suited to a magician or historical style costume.
on November 10, 2016
Exactly what I wanted and delivered in timely manner.
on May 7, 2015
Good and solid construction, color is true to description, however, we expected it to be taller since it was an add-on for a magician costume, this is more like a "coachman" hat still perfectly fine for our purposes as it will be worn by a child, but we certainly won't be pulling any rabbits out of it! Also, in the description it lists stovepipe hat as a synonym and this would not qualify as such. Quick ship, talked my kid into keeping it, all is well that ends well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.