Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
MTech USA Ballistic MT-A845 Series Spring Assist Folding Knife, Black Blade, 5-Inch Closed
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Spring assist Folding knife offers rapid one-handed deployment, locks securely into place with liner lock
- Black stainless steel blade with thumb stud for faster deployment
- Black aluminum handle with cut-out design
- Pocket clip for easy and safe carry; seatbelt cutter and Glass breaker for emergencies
- 5-inch closed length; 3.75-Inch blade length with 3.5 mm thickness
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This spring assisted open folding knife from Mtech USA ballistic offers easy one handed deployment. Once open, the blade locks securely into place with the use of its liner lock. This knife features a 3.75-Inch, 3.5mm thick stainless steel blade. The blade also has a thumb stud for even faster deployment. The aluminum handle has a seat belt cutter and a glass breaker, which can be used to punch out the window of a car in an emergency situation making this a true rescue knife. This knife comes complete with a pocket clip for easy and safe carry. Measures 5- inches closed. MTech USA offers a diversified lineup of Tactical folding knives, fixed blade knives, archery products, and security items -- all at competitive prices.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Great Value at $12 - $26
2. The Spring Assist is heavy duty. I have never seen a knife of this size and weight with this great of a spring-assist function. It blows knives out of the water that are selling for 5x as much
3. The weight of the knife is great
4. It comes already fairly sharp, slashing test was great, stabbing test was above average (I used particle board and a standard 2x4, construction paper and corrugated cardboard to get a variety of different materials and densities. It's not as sharp as a benchmade, but that's to be expected. It's not like this is made from AUS8 steel, but it is made from good quality, durable high carbon steel.
5. The belt cutter works perfectly, seamlessly, and its opening is just small enough that theres no way you could actually cut your own pinky with it (unless you have super skinny small hands and are extraordinarily clumsy I guess)
6. The glass breaker is a great addition for an EDC, made from steel
7. The clip is a DEEP clip. This is wonderful and very hard to come by. Great for concealed carry.
8. Most Importantly! The deployment mechanism is AMAZING. For a spring-assisted semi-automatic, I almost forget that this knife isn't fully automatic. Legal in all 50 states (that I know of) you will probably also forget that it's not fully automatic. The nub from the base of the blade that prevents your finger from sliding forward and getting cut by the blade basically acts as an "quasi-automatic" push button deployment. It doesn't take any more push to activate the spring than it would with an actual automatic push button. I cannot stress the word WONDERFUL enough. This finger protection is also very effective when the knife is open, and its easy enough to close the knife with one hand if you really want or need to.
9. The blade shape -- I was skeptical at first, but upon carrying it as an EDC for about a month now, I love the shape. It's tanto point and sturdy build make it great for self-defense, but the inner curve of the blade is the real hidden gem. Functionally, this inner part of the blade makes this knife wonderful from random daily utility, carving, etc. The balance in this part of the blade is pretty much perfect, and is very ergonomic.
1. This is the biggest con: The locking mechanism is undesirable. I haven't had an issue with it yet, but I haven't subjected it to a hole lot of kg/sq.m. pressure -- It's one of the inner clip-locks. I would be slightly afraid of it crapping out one day a couple years from now. This being said, the blade is very sturdy and doesn't "jiggle" or move at all -- so as far as clip locks go, this is a great one. However, it's still a clip lock, which is basically the worst type of lock in major production.
2. While the blade is very sturdy, it does get a bit fat on the back-side. On one hand, I love the weight and balance of the knife (the weight of the handle is phenomenal) but I do think the weight of the blade itself may be a con to some people. If this knife is for emergencies, rescue and self-defense, then I would say the weight is a resounding PRO. If this is an EDC utility knife, the weight might be just a little bit more than normal (I'm nit-picking at this point, but for the sake of being as objective as possible)
Neither pro nor con: The steel that is used in the whole knife (blade, frame and handle) is a great high carbon steel, but it's not the best high-carbon steel. It's not AUS-8, or anything better than that, but for the price -- its a great value. I really can't think of any more cons.
Hope this helps someone!
Retailer was AWESOME as well - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! They got my order to me quickly (within 72 hours) --- from the other side of the country. Due to the quality of the service - and semi-decent blade (LOL! I do like my blades!!) --- I would definitely purchase from them again (which really gives them a 5 star service rating!)
After getting them I was really impressed. I have quite a few MTech knives and have liked them all, but this one is particularly nice. I actually went back and ordered a third with a black handle that is now my Every Day Carry. It was / is nice and sharp. The curve portion of the blade near the fold is great, as I can shave wood with a reduced risk of the blade slipping. Also nice for when I need to cut cordage. The handle feels great, very heavy weight. Good and sturdy.
I read a few comments about the locking mechanism, but so far I've never had an issue. I've owned it quite a while now and it is still rock solid.
Sure, this is no custom made blade, but you just can't beat the amount of quality you get for the price. I'm planning on ordering more of these later this year to give as holiday gifts.