USA SPEC (PA20-TOY) iPod to Factory Radio Wired Music Interface with AUX (RCA) Port for 98-13 Toyota/Lexus NAV with WMA/MP3 Logo
- For Vehicle Application Guide PDF, see Product Information Section below.
- Plug & Play Installation: does Not require hard wiring of factory cables. Play, Control, and Charge iPod & iPhones (30pin), requires additional lightning to 30pin adaptor from Apple.
- Has additional AUX port (left-right RCA) for any non-Apple devices. Does Not Support iPad & iPad mini. Not compatible with (10-11) radio with USB connector.
- Text display not available for radios made by Delphi and or with XM built in. Use for (06-11) vehicles with GEN5/6 Nav Radios (usually plays MP3/WMA) and all Prius with MP3 player radio.
- Text Display for TEXT/TITLE Button Only. Works with or without Satellite radio. Connects behind the radio. Works with or without Satellite radio. Connects behind the radio. One button press for AUX input and iPod access.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
USA SPEC (PA20-TOY): Charge, Play and Control using the original radio functions. iPod + RCA AUX music interface for 98-13 TOYOTA/ LEXUS NAV WITH WMA/MP3 logo
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I highly recommend the PA20 because it allows you to use the Audio touch screen controls on your radio as well as the steering wheel controls. And it charges your device! The old cig lighter FM module that I replaced had lousy sound and didn't charge my IPOD. Glad that thing is gone.
The feature not heralded enough that I really like is that it makes it possible to charge the iPhone etc when the car is not on. For me, many times I wanted to do that, but the power outlets turn off.
Installation is not real simple, because you need to get to the back of the radio, and on my Prius that involves taking off most of the dash. But that is on Toyota, not USA Spec. The directions for installation (not access) are very clear and easy to follow.
How good the user interface is depends on the radio. For my 05 Prius, the interface is awkward enough that I mostly do the selection from the iPhone, not the radio. but you can set up multiple (6 I think) playlists for it, and do selection from the radio.
The album and artist are sent to the radio, if it can display them (my 06 Prius does; later ones that take MP3 disks are better because they have a more complete interface)
Check out Sewell's PDF installation guide for their iPod adapter ([...]). It includes the service manual diagrams for removal of the radio. Using the Pro.Fit International DM-40-22 Dash Trim Removal Tool and a 10mm socket wrench, I completed the install in less than 1 hour.
The only catch is that when the iPod is plugged in, it starts in Playlist Mode and I must select Disc 5 on the factory to go into Direct Mode. Thus, I have to take an extra step to get Direct Control of my iPod. This could completely be attributed to user error as well.
Good luck with the install - once it's in it works as advertised.