Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 21, 2016
I agree. Where is the "News Top Stories" ?! If we want Sports, we go to the Sports section. Get back to the normal version, as this one is horrible. I'm now reading the Reuters and WRAL news Apps which have much more in-depth news stories. So disgusted w USA Today's new News format ! Come on ...get it together, "journalists"!
264 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 7, 2018
I used to read this paper daily. Not so much anymore. The journalists simply write opinion pieces in the articles that are not located under the opinion page. The story content in the electronic version has too much fluff, non-stories, and unimportant content. It is not the paper it once was by any means. Too much focus on funny (used loosely) posted videos and Twitter feeds. This paper prints more Twitter feeds than any other source of content. Who cares what people tweet and I am not talking about Trump.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 30, 2016
Used to read everyday, not hardly worth the trouble now. If I wanted only sports I would click on the category right below Top Stories, which is Sports. Wow, there's an idea, put the sports stories there you bloody geniuses.
40 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2018
Doesn't always show latest, has a lot of sports news on the home screen, I usually have to go elsewhere for more up to date news.
4 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2016
95% of the news is either sports or outdated by weeks. I have used this app for years but will be removing it from my Kindle Fire.
44 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2016
Where is the news? Sports keeps popping up instead. Please correct.
38 people found this helpful
on December 19, 2016
What happened to the news!!! Out of 15 articles 13 are sports! Nothing about electoral college vote, murder in Turkey, attack in Berlin ! It has been this way for a couple of weeks!!!
197 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 15, 2015
Was a great app. Now all I get is the message "Sorry, there was an unexpected error in retrieving data. This should be temporary, so please try again later." I've been trying again for days. Have rebooted, deleted and reinstalled. Still all I get is this error.
UPDATE : Took a week or so, but they fixed it. Now it's back to being a very good app. Took off one star for taking so long to notice the feedback from all the reviewers.
7 people found this helpful
on October 1, 2017
This used to be a good app, with good content. It's gone downhill on several fronts.
It crashes regularly. Both drops out of articles, back to the front page, and completely restarts. After 3 times in,a row I quit.
The ads kill what used to be a smooth, sometimes even quick experience. Now the loading seems to prioritize the ads, with movie ads attached to videos, or after your chosen content.
The mix of stories, and shear repetition of stories without more actual content is depressing. Others note the swings to '12 out of 15 were sport's', among other things. I would simply say it reflects how low they figure the reader's expectations & attention span must be.
They've changed a number of times - maybe they'll make a comeback.
2 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2016
Suddenly most of the articles are about sports! I want to know what's going on around the nation and the world...I will need to find a better news outlet than this one!
5 people found this helpful