Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Train Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 1, 2017
This product I must say is awesome. Though I only have two qualms with it. First off the pieces do not quite fit rite on the included board. I am going to have to make a board to dimension in order to properly utilise these pieces. Secondly, once the pieces are removed from their holders it is seemingly an act of congress to get the back in. Don't bother. Get a small segmented nuts & bolts box for the pieces as I did. They work perfectly. Other than that this is an altogether beautiful set for the price. A must have for anyone that's a fan of the Mario Brothers game series and a chess player that like the idea of novelty pieces.
on September 6, 2015
We love this chess set! Honestly all the people in my house hold both large and small are geeks of one kind or another. We all game (except for the newborn of course) and we all love Super Mario Brothers. It is wonderful to go from a screen love to having a game that we can touch. We homeschool and so chess is a logical game great for learning. It is a bonus that these pieces are very well made, as is the board. It is a little more costly than most games but I have also purchased this game as a gift so I check back on it often looking for a good low price. One of the added bonuses to using a chess set like this is it helps kids memorize what characters serve what job on the board. I admit to having to ask my kids to remind me sometimes, they caught on to the piece movements for this set faster than I did. I think this game if kept intact could last many many years. I know my husband would love to play this with me and the kids in our golden years and I can so see that happening!
on July 26, 2017
Good,sturdy, hard plastic pieces that my 7 year old son likes to play with as figures when not using them to learn to play chess. They are one inch across the bottom and range from 1.5 to approx 2.5 inches in height. Each has the name of the chess piece they represent on the edge of the bottom they stand on. Game comes in a metal box. The board is thin cardboard that folds into quarters and I could see it eventually wearing but pieces could be used on another chess board.
on October 19, 2017
my son has eye for this a while now because he's super mario fan, so I grab it when it's on sale. the figure is cute and well made, the tin box is nice. I do think it's a little pricy but since it has patent, so I guess it's normal.

Anyway, kids are happy.
on November 18, 2017
This is a nice detailed set, especially for Mario or game fans. Even as just a display. But I like the fact that it could spark interest in playing chess, being off line and exercising your brain. This shipped out quickly.
on September 17, 2017
Son would not stop playing with it. Actually enjoys clean up by putting the pieces back into the right slot on the packaging. Great item.
on June 9, 2017
This is such a cute Chess set!! My Grandson got it for his 7th Birthday and absolutely loves it. It's a great way to interest the younger players and much easier to learn for beginners!
on October 10, 2017
I was very impressed with the chess set and the quality of the pieces. My five-year old son loved it and now his cousins are in to chess as well. This is a fun way to introduce chess to young kids while also having a video game aspect to it. I am very happy with this purchase and with the price.
on August 18, 2017
This is a nice little chess set, bought more as a collector's item than for actual play, but I like it.
on March 18, 2014
My 12 year old son started playing chess last year at school. He is a huge gamer. I was hoping to find a Pokemon or Minecraft chess set but the only ones available are custom. While searching, I came across this set. While Mario is not his *favorite*, he does like the characters.
We were very happy with the quality of the set and the artwork. The characters are clearly recognizable and not knockoffs. The plastic construction is sturdy as well.
The pieces are clearly labeled on the back as to which Chess piece they represent, which is very important because they shapes are not traditional and even the genders are not a clue (both Queen pieces are male).
If you have someone who likes video games and chess, this is perfect.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.