Moroccan Chicken with Basmati Rice
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
How to make...
1. Boil the chicken thighs whole in salted water for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the thighs, let cool.
3. Strain the cooking water until clear and set aside.
4. Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil until almost tender. Either use a deep flat pan or a Dutch oven.
5. Mix in 1 ½ tbsp USimplySeason Tabil Spice Blend and add 1 cup of the strained cooking water and diced tomatoes.
6. Bring back to a boil and add the chicken thighs.
7. Let simmer for 20 minutes on medium while covered.
8. Add the zucchini and the drained garbanzo beans to the mix and let simmer for 20 minutes longer while covered.
9. In the meantime, cook the basmati rice per package instructions.
10. Prior to serving, add zest and juice of 1 lemon to the chicken mixture.
Serve hot in deep plates or bowls either separate or plate some cooked basmati rice top with the Moroccan chicken.
For more Recipes using USimplySeason's Tabil Spice Blend, visit our website's Recipe page.