USimplySeason Tabil (Tunisian Seasoning) Spice Blend, 3.5 Oz
- When you want to invite something a little more exotic to the dinner table, why not try Tunisian Seasoning? T?bil, pronounced "table," is a word in Tunisian Arabic meaning "seasoning " and refers to a particular Tunisian spice mix, although earlier it meant ground coriander. This is a spice mix used in North Africa and does great on any meat that you would like to grill or roast.
- Our Tabil Spice has a simple yet tantalizing blend of high-quality ingredients that wake up and shake up the palate with paleo friendly coriander (the star attraction), savory garlic flakes, aromatic caraway and a hint of spicy chili to keep things interesting.
- While this hand-blended mediterranean blend is huge on flavor, there are some things you won't find in it - in fact, it's salt free, gmo free and msg free so you can dig into your favorite dishes worry free! So go ahead - shake on a little or a lot - your tastebuds will thank you.
- Where Should I Use USimplySeason Tabil Spice Blend? Add depth and savory flavor to proteins like lamb, chicken, beef or pork. | Excellent with roasted vegetables; carrots in particular. (coriander and carrots actually come from the same botanical family!) | These spices "hold their own" in low, slowly-cooked dishes, such as roasts, stews and soups.
- Try it with starchy dips or soups to add an unexpected note of flavor. | PRODUCT OF USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Moroccan Chicken with Basmati Rice
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
How to make...
1. Boil the chicken thighs whole in salted water for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the thighs, let cool.
3. Strain the cooking water until clear and set aside.
4. Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil until almost tender. Either use a deep flat pan or a Dutch oven.
5. Mix in 1 ½ tbsp USimplySeason Tabil Spice Blend and add 1 cup of the strained cooking water and diced tomatoes.
6. Bring back to a boil and add the chicken thighs.
7. Let simmer for 20 minutes on medium while covered.
8. Add the zucchini and the drained garbanzo beans to the mix and let simmer for 20 minutes longer while covered.
9. In the meantime, cook the basmati rice per package instructions.
10. Prior to serving, add zest and juice of 1 lemon to the chicken mixture.
Serve hot in deep plates or bowls either separate or plate some cooked basmati rice top with the Moroccan chicken.
For more Recipes using USimplySeason's Tabil Spice Blend, visit our website's Recipe page.
Would you like to give feedback on images?
Coriander, Garlic flakes, Caraway, Chili
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I particularly like working them into my plain southern-style cooking and seeing my family's reaction.
I tried this spice mix out on pork short ribs as soon as it arrived.
I browned the ribs in oil first, making sure to sprinkle each piece of meat with a bit of the spice. Then, I tossed them into a cast iron Dutch oven, on a bed of yellow onions, and added my usual homemade honey barbeque sauce, cooked for forty minutes, then served the ribs up on saffron rice.
The tabil added the perfect amount of kick. Not enough to overwhelm the sweetish sauce, but just enough to bring out the flavor of the pork.
Can't wait to try it on chicken next!
Take the plunge, cooking with new spices is half the fun. I'll add this spice mix to my rotation for sure and keep some on hand. What a great find.
**I received this item for free or at a discount in return for an honest evaluation.
Be aware that it's packaged in a jar with no sifter. I transferred mine to a spice bottle with a sifter top so I wouldn't dump it all over the place.
I purchased this product at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. This is 100% my own personal opinion. I base my purchases on reviews of the product from others as well, so I know that honest and helpful reviews provide insight to the company and to the purchasers. I am not connected to this company or any of the companies of products that I review. No monitory compensation was received and I was not required to write a positive review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising.
This product was provided at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It has very little aroma of the other ingredients and all I'm getting for flavor
is the heat of the red chili. Better to make your own mix.
Delicious blend of spicy, garlicky goodness! I use it on everything from veggies to steak. Generous quantity. Arrived quickly.Published 3 months ago by M. Lang
10/10 I would buy again when I run out. I've used it to season lamb, chicken, shrimp, and beef that I plan on grilling. My boyfriend loves it!Published 3 months ago by Djanira
Sure to enhance the flavor of any vegetable or meats! This is a great go to spice blend!Published 12 months ago by BROOKE BRANDOW