UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TACTICAL GEAR, HOLSTERS, MAGAZINE POUCHES
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest
Fully adjustable in girth and length - one size fits most.
4 deluxe adjustable rifle mag pouches (1 right, 3 left) - universal design, each holding 1 - 2 most popular mags. Features hook-and-loop closure, drain holes and elastic to hold mags tight.
1 deluxe universal cross-draw holster - adjustable position, extra hook-and-loop attachable modular double-mag pouches to interchange with holster, both with belt loop ready for belt carry.
Heavy duty back loop system - to carry additional gear/tools, 2 large internal zippered map/document pouches.
Durable rescue handle with maximum strength for most dependable field operations.
Signature mesh ventilation system helps release moisture and heat.
High quality zippers.
Leapers, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes a wide range of innovative and technologically advanced hunting and shooting sport oriented products across a multitude of different platforms. We started out as a garage business, with a 4X28 compact scope as our first product. After more than 2 decades of hard work, Leapers is now located in a 3-building complex in Livonia, Michigan, with over 150,000 square feet in space for in-house product design, development, manufacturing, and advanced order fulfillment and distribution. Our UTG brand and its sister brand, the Made-in-USA UTG PRO, have gained wide market recognition and strong customer support across the globe. With manufacturing plants overseas as well as in Michigan, plus UTG Europe distribution center in Germany, we continue to dedicate our efforts to promoting the UTG quality lifestyle and providing customers complete and total solutions for all their hunting and shooting needs. Innovation, quality, value and service are the central themes of the UTG brand.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||YAKEDA OUTDOOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS||YAKEDA OUTDOOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS||SmartStandard||YAKEDA OUTDOOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS||Amazon.com|
|Size||One Size||22.83*15.74*4.33inch||57 * 44cm||—||S-XXL||Adjustable|
Fully Adjustable in Girth and Length - One Size Fits Most. 4 Deluxe Adjustable Rifle Mag Pouches (1 Right, 3 Left) - Universal Design, Each Holding 1 - 2 Most Popular Mags. Features Velcro Closure, Drain Holes and Elastic to Hold Mags Tight. 1 Deluxe Universal Cross-draw Holster - Adjustable Position, Extra Velcro Attachable Modular Double-mag Pouches to Interchange with Holster, Both with Belt Loop Ready for Belt Carry. Heavy Duty Back Loop System - To Carry Additional Gear/Tools, 2 Large Internal Zippered Map/Document Pouches. Durable Rescue Handle with Maximum Strength for Most Dependable Field Operations. Signature Mesh Ventilation System Helps Release Moisture and Heat. High Quality Zippers
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So with that I got myself this vest because of its price and reviews compared to other similar products. Out the box at first I was very skeptical about this vest. I tried it on and I didn't like the feel of it. It was too stiff (it feels like a spine alignment brace), the Velcro always made noise when I simply moved (and I'm not fat either, I'm 5'8" with a waist of 32 at 155lbs), and the vest was also surprisingly heavy regardless of the mesh. This vest, without my treatment (read Recommendation(s)/Suggestion(s) section), will prevent you from leaning forward/bending forward. The belt and adjusting side straps are a pain to adjust (so have friend do it for you while you're wearing it and then give him/her a cookie).
Aside from that, my military friends actually loved this vest. They said that it feels better than the FLC (Fighting Load Carrier) over their IBAs (Inceptor Body Armor) that they use (although not very customizable). It's a fraction of the cost of other competition such as BLACKHAWK! gear and it is actually is very similar in quality. I don't think UTG's intention was really for military or law enforcement (more for airsofting), BUT it most certainly can be used for those purposes (also a great survival gear option)! Because I got this, my friends want to buy the same thing and take it with them on another tour (year) if needed. Anyhow, I gave this a (4/5) because you do have to put work into it before it can be a (5/5) due to minor quality issues.
Pro(s)/Con(s) *As you can see, I take product reviewing very seriously to help others like you in deciding whether to buy or not!*
- Surprisingly tough stuff! (Not flimsy mesh material, but heavy duty and thick)
- Lots of pockets (FOUR .223/5.56mm magazine pockets and THREE pistol magazine pockets with Velcro fastening)
- Gives two options of either using a pistol holster (fits Glock 17, M1911, and P220 just fine) or an TWO additional magazine pockets bringing you a total of SIX rifle magazine pockets
- Has a walkie-talkie pocket at the left collar bone
- Macho belt with 2 slim pockets
- Vest has THREE very very large internal pockets/pouches (2 on each side of the front and 1 at the back to hold a plate or a water pouch)
- Does come with a Velcro'ed-on 6-shotgun-shell-holder (mainly for switching to specialty shells such as breaching shells); you may also choose to take this off and put a name patch on instead (when using the shell holder, Velcro may not be strong enough to keep it fastened)
- Quality is definitely a (4/5), the vest is a tad bit uneven at certain areas (but you might get lucky and buy a perfect one)
- Very stiff (Please read my Recommendation(s)/Suggestion(s) section below)
- Aside from choosing the 2 mag attachment or pistol holster, this vest is not customizable like the real Fight Load Carriers
- Although this vest is adjustable, it really fits people best who are at least 5'10" (178cm) and have a waistline of at least 34" (86.36cm); so if you're bigger than that and under 7' tall then this will work for you
- Very sharp corners on certain areas (most notably the Velcro sections)
- Although this vest is heavy duty, it is also just heavy (over long trips, it will begin to slow you down); also this vest is not exactly the best quality, yet still strong
- Straps are very annoying and difficult to adjust (I doubt you can adjust it while wearing, but it's still faster than lacing it like BLACKHAWK's vests)
- If you're not tall like me, the shoulder Velcro adjustment is not a problem; however, when you adjust it, it'll leave a fold in the mesh and can feel annoying after a while (could potentially cause blisters around that area if it chafes)
- The vest smells terrible (go wash it because the camouflage won't help if people can smell you first!)
- Speaking of camouflage, the right side rifle stock grip with the plastic tube is black (defeats the purpose of the whole camouflage)
- Round the sharp corners of the Velcro by cutting it (it will take time, but it's worth it)
- Give your vest a heavy wash in the washing machine (this eliminates the stiffness, now I can bend, lean forwards, etc.; also, I feel that my movement is not restricted!)
- As for the Velcro noise, it's going to be there until you break into it more often
- Take out that darn plastic tube from the right shoulder, believe me, that plastic tube does not help and it also adds weight! (make a small incision at the bottom of the black rubbery area, pull out the tube, have your wifey or a really good friend (if you don't know how yourself) sew that up good)
- Adjust your pistol holster and make sure when you have a holstered loaded pistol not point in a direction that will cause you harm or death!
- Cut any extra threads (don't pull them off, you might undo a sewing)
- Take off the little belt pockets if you're not going to use them to decrease weight (I took them off to attach bigger better pouches)
Bottom line is, whether you're in the military or not, this vest is great as quick secondary choice tactical/emergency response jacket in real life situations. As for airsofters/paintballers, this vest is definitely the best choice to play with.
Thanks for reading this review. Enjoy!
Yet, its more than a tactical vest. I needed a fly-fishing vest, so in a pinch I replaced the shotshell strip space with a velcro backed fly hook patch; the holster was also pulled off, and replaced with two large velcro backed accessory pouches.. Its not exactlly Orvis, but is is sturdy.
This is a versatile vest. I'm ssure that in time I might find other uses.
Sizing: I am 5'10 170 lbs - Vest arrived sized a bit small, sizing by myself required putting vest on / off 4 times till I was happy with the adjustment. With help could have been done in seconds. Appears to have plenty of room for growth or larger people. Sizing the belt was a bit time consuming due to the way it attaches to the vest and the pouches that were already on it, but I can see how it is designed to hold securely once sized properly.
I definitely recommend this product.
Magazine space: Large capacity pouches are too long for easy access to a 20 rd magazine, just right for up to 2 30 rd magazines. I found I can fit 1 40 round PMag but for secure closure need to leave the dust cover off...not needed anyway with the velcro closure. I put the 40s in the pouches to the far right and left on the vest, their extra length seems to be out of the way better in these locations.
Shot Shell holder as others have commented does not seem like it would stretch enough to hold 12 ga, but found it perfect to hold either 410 or 45LC. I happen to have a backup pistol that fires those so this is a nice feature for me.
Fully loaded with gear, this is all the weight I care to lug around, but I feel very stable even with the weight.
Everything about the vest exhibits quality. I noticed no loose threads, jagged stiching or unfinished edges. Very heavy duty zipper and excellent use of both velcro and snaps where needed for appropriate security and stability.
Inside mesh pockets appear to be very good quality and I would expect to be durable under normal use.
Glock 15 round magazines fit perfectly in the vest pouches, mag pouches on the belt hold the 17 rd Glock magazine just right
Editing to add some additional info:
The Radio pocket at the top left on the vest will not hold a smart phone. I'm not sure what I'll use it for but it's an extra pocket.
The holster has a pocket on the edge. I'm not sure what it was intended for, but I was able to put a small tactical knife there. It might also hold a pen, but not much else.