Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on May 29, 2013
I have purchased two of these. One is paired up with my Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, sitting on my Bushmaster XM15 flat top upper receiver, and the other is on My girlfriends M&P15 Sport, which also has a Bushnell TRS-25. It allows our red dots to co-witness dead center perfectly with our iron sights, so that if my red dot ever fails, all i have to do is flip up our rear iron sights without having to remove the red dot.
The build quality is good, and the finish seems to be holding up very well. Once its clamped onto your rail, you just go over it with your Hex key, and tighten it up just a little bit more. It then is very secure with absolutely no movement. I made the mistake of purchasing the highrise Bushnell TRS-25 package, just to find that the riser that came with it is completely useless.. (At least for my setup). I wrote a review about that. you can check it out if you like..

Anyway.. for those who care. I highly recommend this riser.

If I have any issues with it, I will update this review. But I don't for see any issue's in the future

Thanks for reading ......James Addiction
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2013
This is a great red dot mount. I used it on my AR15 and mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on it. It will cowitness the RDS (red dot sight) perfectly with Magpul MBUS(front/rear), or if you have a standard A2 front sight post and a standard AR15 rear post (not the carry handle type).

It also offers the 45-degree option in case you want to mount your RDS at an angle as a secondary to another optic (Scope or whatever). The quick release lever/mount works very well and is super sturdy. Does not move when locked in place and will hold zero when removed and re-installed on your rail. Its so sturdy that you can even hold the rifle on the optic/mount and it will hold the weight of the rifle!

It comes packaged nicely with its own allen key. I also tried using the mount on another UTG red/green dot that I have and it works just as well, so it may fit a variety of other red dots. Just keep in mind it has a limited number of slots (3 slots I think) so make sure it will fit the RDS you intend to put on it.

Would highly recommend this product to anyone. Buy two if you can!
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 12, 2014
I have a mixed history with UTG products. Sometimes they are exactly what I'm looking for. Other times simply returning them seems too good for them. I bought this product to quick detach a Lucid M7 sight or a lasermax laser on a MecTec carbine conversion unit--a small pistol caliber carbine.

The Good:
The mount is solid--mounting strongly to the top rail. It is heavy duty like all the UTG mounts I've purchased. The design is nothing new, it gets the job done.

The bad:
This product is billed as a quick-detach base. To me this means that the base should easily and quickly lock and unlock from the rail with no use of tools. It should mount as firmly as a standard base--simply with more functionality. The way the system is supposed to work is that you tighten the mounting screw inset in the QD lever until the assembly is set on the rail. When you want to remove it you are supposed to reverse the locking lever. In theory the mount should then hold your tension setting--allowing you to set the mount and accessory back on the rail, flip the lever, and achieve the same quality lockup as before.
In practice it doesn't work that way. If you tighten the tension screw to the point where it solidly locks the rail but you can still work the lever, the screw works loose over time. Actually, I didn't find a good setting where this was possible, but in theory you could use some locktight to set the screw without loosening. My personal experience is that tightening the screw to the point where there was no play in the mount meant I couldn't work the lever. Loosening it to the point where I could work the lever meant there was too much play in the mount.
As a fixed mount it's fine. But if, like me, you're looking for a true QD mount I'd look elsewhere. Oddly, UTG's non QD mounts are tightened with an easily manipulated nut. This makes them more "quick-detach" then their actual QD products.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 27, 2012
The angles are incredibly useful for either using the offset back up sights (such as the Bushnell TRS-25) that I bought at the same time. However, there is a little movement and it jiggles when shaken around. Not sure if it's on purpose or not, if someone wants to ask if they're all supposed to be shaky or I got a lemon. Otherwise, it's pretty cool and I would probably buy it again, as the price and for my "philosophy of use" it is more than appropriate. I DO NOT recommend this to active duty soldiers, who would depend on this with their lives. I'm not sure how expensive, hardcore versions of this adapter cost, but if you're just casual, like myself, this is a great match. I would definitely buy more of these in the future given my intended range/home defense/casual use, hence my "Like" and not "Love" (4 vs. 5 stars) rating.
One person found this helpful
on March 14, 2014
Pros,
Economical
Well Made
Does exactly what it is designed to do.
Easy on and off your rail.

Con's
none.

As you can tell by my title, I wanted a riser that would allow me to use a TRS-25 and be able to co-witness the pop-up magpuls on my M&P 15-22. Understand, this is for that sight configuration and the model that uses those sights. S&W has another 15-22 with different sights and I have no idea if this riser would work with that model but looking at the pictures of that rifle I would think not as the sights seem to be higher on it. The magpuls on mine are set the same as most sights (pop-ups) you find on most AR's. So, I would think this would work with those also. The product gets 5 stars for quality and price. Yes, I would recommend.
on December 5, 2011
Yes, if you want to mount a TRS-25 ( great little sight ) on a flat top AR this will do the job.
The packaging is a bit spare and it did not include instructions for tightening the cross bolt within the lever but you should be able to figure it out on your own.
The finish is a dull matt that matches most AR uppers. The lever looks more blued and smooth but not bad.
Once tight it held the sight rock solid through over 60 rounds of 6.8 SPC.
I even played around and mounted it on the side of my Troy Battle Rail at 45deg to use it as a lean over sight for close shots while I had a scope mounted on top. It's a bit close to the frame then and requires you to smash your face into the stock but it will work.
However, mounting a TRS-25 or other small factor dot sight on top co-witnessed to some BUIS works great.
I can't help but feel that this mount is a bit rinky-dink. It just feels a bit cheap held up next to an ARMS or GG&G or Larue mount, but it is what it is. It works as intended and gets the job done for about $40-$70 less than some other brands.
If it had better packaging with full instructions and the adjustments felt more sold and defined I would have given it 5 stars.
Oh heck, call it 4 1/2 stars.
9 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2014
Got it to use in installing a red dot sight (Bushnell TRS-25). Fit great. However, it's too low for my BUIS (back-up iron sights) to see through the tunnel under the picatinny. Put an older UTG mount under it, and that didn't help. So moved the TRS onto the angled picatinny, as I've seen many combat folks do, and it works fine. Clamp is adjustable, and on my 5 ARs, it has to be readjusted each time (Allen wrench comes with it; I though picatinnys were supposed to be the same width!), though it's a small readjustment, and so far has not affected the zero of the red dot. A handy little spacer for attaching some sights. Solid.
on March 28, 2013
Bought this to have a quick release mount for my Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight I got from Amazon. The TRS-25 takes an allen wrench to afix and remove from the rail on my AR-15, with this I just tighten it down and then I am able to place it on my AR and remove rapidly. It it the perfect height for my UTG folding front iron sight I got here on Amazon and my Matech flip up rear iron sight from Ebay. It appears to allow a co-witness for the three. The red dot just stands right on top of the front sight's post and I am able to zero in the rear sight. I haven't been able to take it out shooting yet but can't harldy wait to find some ammo and see what I can do.
on February 8, 2012
I used this mount to co-witness my recently purchased Bushnell TRS sight to my front post. Works well on the rail of the reciever of my Bushmaster when the carry handle is removed. The problem is when trying to mount it on my UTG quad rail for an offset mount I was forced to tighten the QD lever so tight that it became useless without useing the allen wrench to loosen it before I could remove it. I am still pleased overall with the item but you would think UTG would be sure their products would be compatible. Failing to use the mount in an offset manner on the qaud rail was not a deal breaker as I was simply toying with the ideah but this has caused me for the first time to give a little more thought about UTG products before purchasing them.
on December 9, 2011
Item arrived in new packaging to include mount and small allen wrench to adjust the quick release lever. I have a Microtech MSAR STG556, basically a Steyr AUG copy, and needed to raise a red dot scope a bit higher as I wear glasses. Took mount out of packaging and attached to picatinny rail on rifle. I didn't even have to adjust the quick release lever and mount locked in place. I then installed my red dot scope on top. I haven't fired the rifle yet but do not anticipate any issues. Quality is decent for the price, certainly not a Daniel Defense, GG&G, or Vltor type mounts but very functional.

Received item within 5 working days. Not sure why delivery would take 3-5 weeks. Other sources available for this item. . . definitely look around.