Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
From advanced home to enterprise use, this is the ticket
on October 3, 2014
It's an incredible router, and for an incredible price. You definitely need to understand advanced routing to configure this, so don't think that it's a turn key solution like a Linksys. I'm amazed at the quality for the price. It's just an incredible appliance. I'm going to keep adding Ubiquiti devices to my network and swap out my Cisco hardware. I use this at home, but it's more than capable of running a business. I love that I can even turn it into a load balancer. Stunning! It outperforms my ASA 5505, and I don't have to buy licenses for it.
- Incredibly fast
- Incredibly reliable - haven't had to restart it since initial configuration
- Small, quiet
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) is very friendly and easy to use
- One price for all the features
- Doesn't have an Intrusion Prevention/Detection plugin (to be fair, it's a router. But if they're not going to put a module into the router, they should at least sell one separately, which they don't).
- Some of the GUI tools like traffic monitoring can stop working, but that's just a software version issue that they'll probably fix. The CLI works fine.
- If you're not good at enterprise-level networking, you're in over your head (but that's not really a con)