Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 26, 2013
It may seem like overkill to have all three in a house but I think it's just right. I have full coverage everywhere on my property. This is pretty nice to have. No dead spots anywhere that I can find. The software is pretty good and has some nice reporting. I admittedly didn't really read the documentation but it was pretty straight forward to figure out. These look very nice mounted on my ceilings. If the lights bother you, you can shut them off in the software. All of them run off of my Zyxel usg-50 (well the poe devices are plugged in there) and I used 100 ft shielded cat5 with no issues. Depending on the device, some phones, computers, gaming systems, etc see all three ap's with the same name or they just see one ap listed. My phone sees all three but will connect to whichever is strongest when I roam around. My computer sees all three though. Just pointing this out. Anyways, these are great. This was my first experience with Ubiquiti and it's been a good one so far.
review image review image
on March 30, 2012
I have been in IT for over 15 years and I know that you usually get what you pay for so I was very skeptical, but I must say this is an amazing product. I installed a school with six AP's. The hard part was running the cable. I purchased two of the 3 packs and they just worked. I installed the controller on a desktop system saving $1200 just in the controller from other venders. The controller is completely user friendly and I can see everyone that is connected, the status of the AP's and the coverage. It has been a month and the school Wi-Fi is solid. I am installing another school with nine AP's and feel it will also be a success.
55 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
Took just minutes to blanket our motel with wifi from 8 of this magic gizmo's (after the physical installation of course). After a year of headaches with SonicWall Sonicpoints costing thousands we finally gave up and replaced them with Unifi AP's. Puts the sonicwall system to shame. Provides the same level of security and a FAR more useful feature set then the sonicwall sonicpoint system in a more intuitive interface that "just works". Somehow i can buy 4 of these far superior devices for the cost of one sonicpoint....

Pro's - Works perfectly. After using these and a few other Ubiquiti WiFi products i will not look back at any other brands. period.

Con's - almost made me cry over all the cruddy wifi garbage i have overpaid for through the years.....
33 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2015
I bought these because my wife had a weak signal upstairs using our current router and I was familiar with these because we use them at work as well. If like me, you had (have) a dual band router you'll likely get better speeds using that router - to a certain distance from the router. I installed and configured all three of these in my home in half a day and now with one upstairs, one downstairs and one in the garage there is no dead zone, or weak zone to be found in my house or yard. Wired I get about 59Mbs to speed test sites. Wirelessly on the 5ghz band I used to get the same and about 16-18Mbs on the old 2.4GHz. I turned off the radios in my router and basically only use it as a DHCP server for my home network. I ran a Cat6 cable from my router which has Gig Ethernet, upstairs to a Gig unmanaged switch and plugged all three into the dumb switch. (FYI - the AP's are 100MB Ethernet) I'm now getting close to 40Mbps on all devices anywhere in the house or yard. That's a negligible loss at 0feet and great gains outside and everywhere else in the house away from the router. Happy wife - happy life.
on February 7, 2016
No matter where I put the wireless router in my home, there was always some place that didn't get coverage. So I set up 2 wireless routers, and would have to manually switch when I was out of range because my device would still think it was connected to the other wireless network. I just accepted that this was the current state of technology.

One day when I was frustrated with my setup, I did some research and read about the Ubiquiti UniFi solution so I decided to give it a try. Setup was very simple and it works as advertised. I have 3 of the devices places in my home and I have seamless coverage throughout. The connection never drops and I am not aware of when the system hands me off from one device to another. I am not even sure if I need all 3, but I know it works. If you have a really big house or hard to reach areas, you can add more pieces to the system.
on April 1, 2014
I've been using these to blanket my two story home with WiFi. I had a single "consumer grade" unit doing the job but I'd have trouble when in my shop or certain areas of the house. Plus I'm a geek and this has geek written all over it! I used to have a single Cisco LAP 1142 installed and it did alright but I still had dead spots and it was more expensive then the Unifi three pack so I thought I'd give it a try.

A three pack is probably overkill for most homes but they're wonderful and very appealing to look at. I've one installed in my shop, one upstairs and one in our game room. Coverage is excellent and the handoff (while walking from one area to another) is completely transparent. VERY happy with my purchase.
on November 5, 2015
Before buying google UniFi does not adopt. Look at how many have that problem. If it happens to you what will you do? I bought these because of the great reviews on Amazon. Guess what? None of my 3 will adopt. I now have bricks that are useless. I am a moderate to advanced network and computer user. So before you look at all the great reviews, look at the one star reviews as well. Ask yourself if you feel lucky.

Update : With assistance from a more knowledgeable friend and the Ubiquiti Forums I was able to get these up and running. Be aware that it if all doesn't go well some moderate-advanced networking knowledge will be required. That's what happened in my case. I have these up and running and three solid days of effort. On the plus side I learned more about networking.
on November 24, 2015
Excellent AP's. Have two that replaced a Comcast gateway wifi and repeater. Hands down better coverage, especially given that fact that you can easily change your wifi channel to eliminate/reduce interference within the ubiquiti interface;and can set up different networks for guests, or one just for streaming devices, etc. We are building a new home and wanted to try these out before committing to the Ubiquiti platform. I am sold, will be placing three within our new home (5,000 sq. ft) and expect more than thorough coverage both inside and outside the home. The map feature within the software was useful in identifying where to place the AP's. Be sure to learn a bit about wifi channels (1,6,11) before you order to maximize your realized benefit.

When coupled with the very capable unifi switch, you have an enterprise-like network at home-networking pricing. Do yourself a favor and spend some time on the ubiquiti blog and other websites before purchasing to ensure your comfort level with the needed configuration. I have limited I.T./networking experience but found the integration within our home network straight forward and fairly painless. From the time I opened the boxes of the AP's and switch to the time everything was up and running was maybe two hours; that included registering all tv's, ipads, phones to the new network.
on July 21, 2016
I work at a Managed IT Service, We've put quite a few of these in service at clients, these were for my home. They are very easy to setup, even for a novice. These are just wireless N, but I've worked with the AC model's well. They have good range and thruput, I love the UniFi software way more features any other AP I've seen in this price range.

Edit: It's been about a year since I bought these, I've got one covering my home and I gave 2 to my Parents. They'd just done an addition to their house and added a Metal Roof. Their old router/wireless was on the exact opposite end of their home from the addition and the wireless signal was too weak for a reliable connection. With one beside the old router and one mounted in their ceiling at the other end, they've not had a wireless problem since. I could have given them a single AP and mounted it centrally, but there's no kill like overkill and now my Parents can take their tablets outside on the porch and still have excellent signal. Which is surprising to me that the signal propagates through the walls as good as it does.
on January 25, 2016
I was looking for a home networking solution where it wouldn't disconnect me if I jumped from one ap to another. Apparently after a lot of google-fu, there is no solution if you look only at consumer products. I found this gem after some time and it works like a charm. I have my main router (ASUS RT-N66U) and then these as access points throughout the house. It seamlessly will hand off the connection without hiccup! Perfect!! What's even better is the interface. There' s a wealth of information available. The only cons that I could say is that there's a lack of manual so to speak and information concerning the product. It's not very difficult but if you encounter a problem with the device, there might not be a readily available solution.

Please note that you have to install software that will be the controller for your ap's (a pc or server that's on 24/7) or you can purchase the ubiquiti controller separately.