BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 16, 2015
I bought this product for my Dad as a gift. He had been complaining that his internet did not have a wide enough range and he could not use the Wifi in the yard or detached garage. After a lot of researching and head scratching I settled on buying this product. Those wireless repeaters and extenders seem to do absolutely nothing so I did not even consider one of those as an alternative.

A few things about this. First, if you are not a tech person expect setting this up to be somewhat difficult. I would not say it is hard but if you do not know what you are doing then you may encounter some trouble with compatibility with other software, routers, etc.. We do not have any other ubiquiti products so there were a few hiccups. Second, this product is designed so that it can be used on conjunction with other ubiquiti products, so do keep that in mind if you want to get coverage for a very large area. Specifically, you can have various wifi access points and connect them, the guide suggests college universities, camp sites.. etc.. we did not have any other devices because we just wanted wifi in the yard. Third, you can actually put this outside so you could mount it to your house outside to have greater coverage or on a post in the yard or elsewhere.

At the end of the day, my dad ended up putting this in our attic which allows for coverage over the entire yard. He did not want to put it outside for whatever reason. I would give this item 5 stars for coverage area (the garage is at least 20 feet away and has wifi with no problem, plus coverage in the yard and driveway) but 4 stars for ease of setup for the average person. There is a help forum and other guidance can be found by googling.
on March 20, 2015
original review was bad, but it turns out my wireless cameras were causing substantial interference. After deciding i liked wifi more than those cameras, i disabled all the NON wifi cameras and this thing rocks. Super range, speeds are fine, and i cover 6.5 acres (quite wide) of forested land with barely any dead spots FROM INSIDE MY HOUSE.

Everything below this line is old review. i have fixed the problem, and my only complaints are: support is community based, now. all this means is that if you have an issue, no matter how articulate you are, you're going to get canned responses. that's minus half star. the other minus half star is for the incredibly convoluted setup process. I'll be buying more, but i want people to be aware this isn't a drop in replacement for your linksys or d-link router. Half star off for frustration.

Bought this, didn't set it up right away. I wish i had, so i could return it. The only thing it has going for it is sheer, unadulterated range. I have about 7 acres of land, including 1000' of frontage, and this covers pretty much all of it, through trees and everything.

With that said, the throughput is garbage. My phone can manage 900kbit a second. this is sub one megabit speeds. my laptop can get 6mbit if i am lucky. I've updated the firmware and done the troubleshooting recommended by both the manufacturer's website and the device's community support.

I've tweeted Ubiquiti about the issue, today, and i am waiting to hear back from them about a possible replacement. If i do get a replacement and it works much better, i will come back and change this review at that time.
on July 8, 2013
I couldn't be more pleased with this product. It easily set-up and required no troubleshooting to establish wifi in a barn 500 feet away from the main house using a directional antenna upgrade. It took 10 mins to do what I'd tried for a year to do with several products from a different(and more expensive) company.

I'm so pleased with the product I've purchased the titanium bullet, an identical 2nd outdoor AP, and the Unify Access Point AC that is due to begin shipping soon(UAP-AC). The last product should be backward compatible to current industry standard 802.11n products, but the IEEE hasn't certified the ac standard yet.

My only complaint is that when I went to buy the second outdoor access point, I found it for $60 less from another vendor. No problem, except both prices were listed as MSRPs. Amazon lists the MSRP at $199, the other vendor lists the same product ID # for MSRP of $139. I was concerned because an MSRP shouldn't vary by vendor; it should be set by manufacturer.

I've downgraded my disgruntled affect, for now, given that the Ubiquiti parent company site gives no listed MSRP that I can find; so, I can't justly escalate from my current gruntled status to overt code red disgruntled until further investigation.
on April 16, 2014
it shipped real fast thank you, However when i opened the box it appears to be a different model.
On this ad it says 2x2 mimo and upto 750mbs. The one i received does not say mimo technology on the box or manual. nor does it mention any speeds of 750mbs. it does however state upto 300mbs in the included manual.
Feel a bit ticked off about the misleading ad but all in all it seems to be a quiality ap.
I did power it up and it does have a really nice set of features. very impressed so far .
I plan on keeping this anyway and buying more in the coming months but may find a different seller due to the misleading ad.
Will update this when test distance.
on September 15, 2013
I have a Ubiquiti Wireless AP on the 2nd floor of my house, and I am thrilled with it. I decided to augment the interior AP with this exterior AP in the spring when I wanted to surf on my iPad and phone in the back yard with the kids. It's incredible. I can walk down my street an entire block before I lose bars on my phone.

On top of that, it seamlessly overlaps "AP bubbles" so that my wireless devices only see a single network, and never get IP address assignments confused. These are seriously enterprise level products, and without getting too complicated, I'll just say: buy it.

I spent 5-10 minutes setting everything up, and I have not once in 8 months had to fuss with my home network. I'm thrilled with these products.
on October 2, 2014
Spectacular performance. It struggles if you put it in a very high density 2.4GHz RF environment but they all do. In any sort of normal neighborhood, you can expect rock solid 100 yard performance. I wish Ubiquiti would setup their own cloud based controller so I didn't have to go to a third party for a cloud controller but other than that, there is nothing I could ask for. It is reliable and easy to control remotely over the internet. If you don't need or want remote control, it operates just fine on its own with no PC connected. Great range. Great speed.
on October 12, 2014
Worked well but the configuration software is very sophisticated
and designed for large installations.
For a installation with only one or small number of devices its overkill.
Fascinating though if you want to put the time into it or intend
to someday support large installations.
Made my head spin when I configured it at home and then
moved it to customer premise cause the unit wanted to talk
to my home PC that I configured it on and not the laptop that
I took with me. Its a very locked down system that I didn't find
the documentation quite detailed enough to really understand
what was going on.
on February 23, 2015
Like the brand, but the setup was trying to get too fancy. Took this overseas to set up for friend with a guest house in 3rd world conditions. The device required a specific network configuration in order to even be set up. Never could get it to work because of a router requirement that couldn't be met there. Would be nice if it allowed by default to just be a simple access point right out of the box.
on March 19, 2014
Be aware that in order to set this device up you need to install the AP controller software, the idea is you would have a few dozen of these reporting to the AP controller to provide a single location for provisioning and statistics. This is more a business/commercial product but can be used in homes.
on January 21, 2014
I put this on a company warehouse in Williston, ND. The specs say it is rated for a maximum of -10 F but since Nov 2013 it has gotten as low as -36 F at at that location and we have had no problems.

We are able to pick up the signal when we have line-of-sight for ridiculously long ranges and it even works well around the back of the building.

The Ubiquiti system is extremely easy to set up and has the coolest web UI I have ever seen for this type of product.

We have been using this in a harsh environment for 3 months and I have no complaints with it. In fact we are installing it on our other warehouses.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.