Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil, and the Raving Rabbids, returns to his roots to bring us Rayman Origins: a high-definition, 2D side-scrolling, platform adventure with four-player co-op!
Play Rayman Origins and discover – or rediscover – the magical universe and legendary 2D gameplay that captured the hearts of millions of fans.
When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by “nefurrious” Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn’t quite all there… To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world’s most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade, or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream...
- Rebirth of a platforming legend: It’s been 15 years since the initial launch of Rayman. Rayman Origins brings back many of the classic characters, revived in their original 2D form, as well as a whole new world of characters and environments.
- Four-player jump in/out co-op gameplay: Play as Rayman in the solo campaign or have up to three friends jump in at any time to play as Globox or as one of two Teensies. Players can leave at any time without affecting the others’ progression.
- Unique approach to 2D art: A rich world with over 100 characters and 12 unique environments created by some of video gaming’s most reputed artists and animators. This creative approach to 2D design will recapture the hearts of platformer fans and introduce a new generation to one of the industry’s best-loved characters in his original 2D form.
- A vast playground: Rayman Origins includes over 60 levels of 2D platforming gameplay, designed for all ages and playing styles. Unlock new abilities and return to previous levels to discover new paths and secrets.
- Variety of gameplay: Rayman Origins is a platformer at its core, but has elements of many game genres. Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving, and the sensational “HairlyCopter.” The game also features many elements of action, adventure, and beat-'em-up gameplay.
- Epic boss fights: A giant pink monster with hundreds of eyes... A possessed, mountainous golem... An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant... Rayman Origins will put player’s skills to the test with these and many more challenging boss battles!
- A handful of highly talented artists and engineers: Rayman Origins was developed by the UBIart team in Montpellier and is built on an open-source game engine – the UBIart Framework – designed by Michel Ancel to allow much smaller teams of artists and developers to produce incredible high-quality graphics and gameplay quickly and efficiently. This garage-style approach to game development has led to great strides in creativity and innovation.
|OS:||Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 SP1|
|Processor:||3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or 1.8 GHz AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E4400 or 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 3800+ or better recommended)|
|RAM:||1 GB Windows XP / 1.5 GB Windows Vista, 7 (2 GB recommended)|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB|
|Video Card:||128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card or higher|
|Additional Info:||This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game. During the installation and/or the first launch, an online connection is required to unlock the game.|
Top Customer Reviews
But I couldn't be happier to say that this game fits that bill! The gameplay is very simple - You jump, you punch/kick, you collect Lums, you do whatever it takes to go and rescue the trapped beings in them big cages. However, as simple as it sounds, it is amazingly executed. There are loads of elements that keep the flow of the gameplay at its max it's freaking unbelievable! Just watch the least bit of footage possible and you'll be amazed!
Again, the graphics are EYE-POPPING! This is the finest 2D graphics could go! Everything's all hand-drawn and cartoon-y! Just thinking about it makes my mind thrive with cheerfulness! I absolutely love this look! See the boxart? The game looks just like that! And the soundtrack makes those visuals even more appealing, yet it also adds to the game by itself.
There's so much about this game that I totally find awesome that I just can't put it all in one review (EX: I may as well mention now that there's a HILARIOUS intro when starting a new game). So, if you're still concerned, either go read other reviews or watch videos of the game being played. I prefer the latter.
Overall, this is as close to flawless as it gets. If you are a platformer fan, you'd be just plain crazy to pass this up! Heck, it makes Rayman 2 (Who some claim to be one of the best 3D platformers) look like complete crap!Read more ›
Delightful graphics, levels of varying difficulties (dang those tricky treasures), and a huge helping of comedy and charm make Rayman Origins a classic, and it's a game I see myself playing more than once.
What I love about it is the pure whimsy. This game is light hearted, beautifully animated, amusing, and COLORFUL. Games have been bleak and dark for so long now, this is a refreshing return to a time when games were more innocent in nature. More importantly, this is the first time for this console generation (PS3) that a platformer has taken full advantage of the system's hardware. The still pictures of this game do not do it justice in any way; you must see it in motion to become a true believer. My favorite worlds are the jungle, mountain, and underwater (which is particularly impressive). It's also worth noting that the music and "voices" (hilarious, nonsensical babbling) in this game are perfect... the music instills a sense of whimsy, wonder, and fun that matches the graphics and gameplay perfectly.
My only (minor) grip is about the ice levels... I know they were a staple of platformers 20 years ago, but Ubisoft, if you're listening, nobody likes having the control of their character compromised by slippery surfaces! In a game with such otherwise perfect control and gameplay, Rayman deserves better.
But that's a small price to pay, for the splendor that is Rayman Origins. I love this game, and I can't recommend it strongly enough - especially since it's down to only $29 on Amazon now (it's worth the full retail of $60, in my opinion). I also can't stress enough how refreshing it is to play a game that isn't violent! I had almost forgotten how much fun these platformers are, in this age of shooters, fighters, and war games. "Rayman Origins" is an experience no gamer should miss.
There's also a lot of content here and the challenge does ramp up quite nicely. However in the end it's a tried and true side scrolling platformer. The latest Rayman game has even more content, additional modes, and online connectivity so just go buy that!
I am 32 and I have always been a PC gamer, not a hardcore one, but I like games like darksiders, diablo, prototype, crysis, games about dirt bikes, rally, star wars games, etc. and I was looking for something like a Mario Bros for PC, some 2D adventure, and I am really happy I found this one!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wasted my money... was never able to download it. It was a game that I got for my teenage daughter because she loves to play it!!! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Denee
Outstanding! This game is a wonderful platformer: interesting level design, tight controls, great sound and the occasional new ability. Read morePublished 12 months ago by James W.
I couldnt use, becuse any pc or laptop has the tecnical especification than it needsPublished 17 months ago by zulay quintero
Great game. Great arcade. Easy to play hard to master. Played with my 6 year old son. He also loved itand to some point even did quite well. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Szymon