- Series: Bible (Book 509)
- Paperback: 1200 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (May 4, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470294205
- ISBN-13: 978-0470294208
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 2.1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,257,672 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ubuntu 8.10 Linux Bible 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Inside Flap
Everything you need to know about Ubuntu and then some!
It's the hottest Linux distribution out there and now you can join the excitement, with Ubuntu 8.10 and this information-packed guide. Want to view Flash files? Filter incoming mail? Rip audio CDs? Connect to Windows, FTP servers, or other systems? Learn all this and much more with the expert guidance, tips, and techniques in this complete Ubuntu reference. From the basics for newcomers to enterprise management for system administrators, it's what you need to succeed with Ubuntu.
- Master Ubuntu fundamentals for desktop and networks
- Send e-mail, share files, edit text, and print
- Store personal files in private, encrypted folders
- Explore the Gnome Desktop, add widgets, and create themes
- Work with the Bash shell and the command line
- Set up Web, mail, print, Samba, NFS, and other servers
- Create virtual machines, go wireless, and set up Wi-Fi
What's on the Dvd And Cd-Rom?
On the DVD, you'll find the ready-to-use download of Ubuntu 8.10 Linux.
On the CD, fourteen bonus chapters discuss advanced networking, software development, system policies and authentication, administration tasks, virtual machines, and setting up servers, as well as a complete pdf of the book.
System Requirements: Please see the "About the DVD and CD-ROM Appendix" for details and complete system requirements.
From the Back Cover
Ubuntu 8.10 Linux
Complete Kubuntu Coverage
- DVD includes Ubuntu 8.10 installation
- 14 bonus chapters included on CD-ROM
Set up Ubuntu for desktops or networks
Download music, watch DVDs, or play games
Harness easy-to-use administrative tools
The book you need to succeed!