Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Ukulele Exercises For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 23, 2015
This is an excellent book and collection of audio files. As you work through it, you can improve your skill tremendously. It is written in a way that it is useful for the very beginner to the more experienced player. Brett has a good and understandable teaching style. I would be a lot further along if I used this book more. I like the overall style of the "Dummies" books and this is a very useful book. Contains a lot of expertise and guidance. A bargain at any price. Highly recommended.
on September 11, 2017
Brett McQueen does a good job of giving one exercises to do. The moveable scale explanation is a bit cloudy, but otherwise a great book to have
on July 1, 2017
This book is so lame. If you are a beginning Ukule player do not buy this book. This is not good for learning and will be a dust gatherer on your shelf.
on September 13, 2017
Good package and merchandise arrived as promised.
on May 4, 2015
This is an awesome book to learn from. I have learned a great deal from this book! I would recommend it to anyone learning the Ukulele or even a seasoned player! There are tons of tips in this book! :D
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2013
I will post more as time goes on. So far I really like this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about the ukulele. Ukulele for Dummies and Ukulele Exercises for Dummies go hand in hand and can be used together or by themselves. I have been glancing through the book and really like what I have read so far. If you want to improve you playing try this book out, you won't be sorry. Just wanted to let you know that this is bigger than Ukulele for Dummies, it is the same size as copier paper 8.5x11 and was surprised the size was different than Ukulele for Dummies. I bought this on Kindle before the book was even out because I didn't want to wait.
on July 15, 2013
The best self help uke instructions that I have found. My playing has improved in all areas in just the few short weeks since the purchase. I am finally really playing the uke after over three years trying to learn from other self help books, but they failed me even though I put forth much effort. A must have if you really want to start mastering the uke.
on July 15, 2013
I love this book! I am taking Brett's online lessons, which are fabulous. I bought the paper and e-book versions of this book (so I can travel light. Sorta. I bring my uke everywhere...). I am an intermediate-level player, with many instructional and music books. This particular book is delightfully well organized and has some of the most direct and practical lessons I've seen so far on how to do just about everything on the ukulele. I heartily recommend this book for all levels of ukulele players. Good job Brett!
on May 21, 2013
I bought both the paperback version and the Kindle version of this new book - and love the variety of topics included under one cover. It seems like several books in one for one low price. I have a great time browsing through the lessons and trying out exercises , especially the fingerpicking part and the Warming Up for Practice chapter. Can't wait to tackle Mastering the Ukulele Fretboard.

My only issue is the size of the type. I can increase the body text on the Kindle version, but unfortunately the exercises themselves stay small, making it difficult for these old eyes to read the fingering. Ah, the plague of Old Age.
on May 18, 2013
This is an excellent book for the intermediate ukulele player wanting to go beyond basic strumming chords to songs. It explains advanced techniques and then gives exercises so the reader can learn them. The explanations are easy to follow. There are plenty of exercises for the reader to build both understanding and muscle memory of unfamiliar movements. One thing I liked about this book is frequent mention of the difficulties a learner is likely to experience while trying to learn new skills. The author would then make suggestions how to tackle the difficulties, as well as giving lots of encouragement. Very learner oriented!

Would this book be suitable for the absolute beginner? Maybe; maybe not. I get the feeling this book might be one step beyond most beginners.

As a book teaching intermediate and advanced techniques, it is superb. The main strength is that it teaches from a very low level of ability (usually nil ability) and gradually builds the learner's skill, step-by-step. The learner isn't suddenly pitched into the deep end with some impossibly difficult exercises. Another strength of the book is the comprehensiveness of the skills taught. For example, in teaching finger picking notes for songs, the book not only teaches you what the picking hand should be doing, it also teaches you the finger movements of the other (fretting) hand. Most finger picking books tend to leave that out.