Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 18, 2013
I don't have a ukulele, I've never played a ukulele, But.... I think that everyone will agree with the following points: First off, even though most of us play regular guitar, many of us are very interested in other instruments and their tunings. And, if you think about it many times in the hands of some of the most famous guitarists you will find these unique instruments. You say to yourself, what are these guys doing with these things.

Well, what they know is is that these instruments over and above a stand-alone role, add spice and all kinds of textures to their music. Have you ever strummed a particular new chord, and all of a sudden you instantly feel like you can strum a unique and new song just based on that one chord? Well, what I see is these people actually playing things that are unique to what you normally hear for them but yet the same time somehow weirdly fit. And, when you translate these to guitar it expands your knowledge.

What this is all about, and that I'm getting to, is that just perusing this book, has allowed me to see different things that I can apply to my guitar. What I would really like to tell you however is how good this book is even though I may not pick up this instrument. The author has been the same amount of concentration and attention to detail that you see in his other books. From my experience with his other books, I heartily recommend this one.

In closing, if the ukulele is your instrument of choice, please get this book. The price is very very modest, and will allow you to quickly become more proficient with this instrument. This author is a very hard-working and conscientious individual. His YouTube videos are legendary and you can see that he really really wants to bring as many people into playing string guitar instruments; and not only that, keep them playing which is probably his greatest attribute and contribution. And finally, purchasing this book does so much more than give the author simple profits; it helps him bring more good things to us and especially those wonderful YouTube lesson videos.
on February 18, 2013
I've been following Erich on YouTube for over a year now. His guitar videos are brilliant concise and entertaining and he is extremely knowledgeable. I got his first Ninja book Guitar Mastery Simplified: How Anyone Can Quickly Become a Strumming, Chords, and Lead Guitar Ninja for free during a promotional period so when I saw he had a ukulele book too I felt compelled to purchase it. At just 2.99 it is a steal. If you have never played an instrument in your life or if you are a guitarist looking for instruction on how to approach the ukulele, buy this book.

Erich' s real strength as an instructor is in his ability to weed out unnecessary information for any given lesson. This is not to say the other information isn't important, but Erich knows what information to give you and when to give it to you. No lesson ever seems out of reach and before you know it you've linked these building block lessons together into some serious complex skills and techniques.

I love the song examples included at the end of this book. I've watched his vids so I know how many songs he knows and teaches, erm...lyrics not withstanding. Lol. So my only request would be for a companion e-book that is nothing but his selection of songs to learn on the uke. DO IT, SAGE!!
on April 4, 2015
This is a great book to help learn the Ukulele. Although I missed out on the free version, I am happy to have gotten this book. I am a intermediate beginner. I can read music but need direction on the different types of strumming and I found this book quite helpful with improving my playing.
on October 26, 2017
Definitely helped me with the exercises. Had to read it a couple times to understand what it asked you to do.
on September 14, 2017
This is a well written course that focuses on basic principles in any easy to understand format. Erich is an awesome musician and a great teacher never forgetting that the student is learning for fun and enjoyment! I highly recommend this book and all of his other books!
on January 11, 2013
I have the guitar mastery book which I love, and this one is laid out in the same manner, just applying it to the ukulele, if you are new to the uke, but a seasoned guitarist, you will get this stuff down very very quickly, and you will sound like you've been playing just as long, absolutely necessary to have both ebooks by Erich Andreas!!!
on January 19, 2013
This Guys Books is great and a great deal! Worth the purchase, it's filled with a lot of info I wish I'd learned starting off.

My only complaint is that there a are a few textual mistakes in there. Erich, if you fix them, let me know and I'll pop my review up to 5 stars.

Under Bar Chord Forms there is a G minor and G# minor chord shape that is an exact duplicate of D minor and D# minor above it.

The other mistake is around 9% through the book and has a duplicate link for your guitar sage.

"When you're obsessed with music, teaching 65 students every week still isn't enough. SO, I started teaching for free on YouTube. My ukulele channel is located at [...] yourukesage and my guitar channel is located at [...]."
on September 28, 2013
A great guide to strumming patterns and fingerpicking techniques. I really like how he talks about becoming good at uke or anything for that matter requires lots of practice. He goes on to say (I'm paraphrasing) that all the successful musicians and other artists are masters at what they do because they have practiced and practiced and practice. But don't let that statement scare you away either in that you have to take the uke so seriously because you don't. You can learn a few things and progress as you wish. I usually pick mine up now every day. It's very relaxing and meditative. A great way to change frequencies in our digital overload world and this book is a great guide.
on January 1, 2018
I am a 63 gear old, total beginner. I found this book to be an excellent beginning resource. It was written in such a way that no knowledge of music is necessary. The exercises in the book are/have given me a good start in learning the uke. My only criticism would be that it is too short! Having said that, it will probably take me 6 months to master most of the skills presented.
on January 17, 2013
My Wife bought me a Uke this past Saturday (January 12, 2013) & I was stoked! I spent the weekend messing around & than I started lookin' on YouTube. After rummaging through all the videos I finally watched Erich's "Ukulele lesson - strumming methods tutorial - beginner uke easy" & was blown away! I recommend all his videos too BTW. His methods & teaching style is very easy & "conversational" rather than "rigid". This book is "THE BOMB"! This book is the road map to your journey of learning to play this awesome instrument.