Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 31, 2018
My engineering R&D office was deciding between an Ultimaker 3 and Form 2. We decided on the Ultimaker 3 for the larger build size, higher speed, and ability to use heat-set inserts. We ignored the couple bad reviews in favor of mostly good reviews out there.

We began having problems right out of the box. The auto-calibration feature consistently gave us a leveling error, the solution of which was to clean the glass plate and nozzles, and secondly, to manually calibrate (huge red flag). We basically got 3 mediocre parts (Makerbot Replicator 2 quality) before it began really blowing up (I left a print going overnight, and came back to a tangle of resin).

Other things I didn't like were: print speed was fairly slow unless you really reduced the resolution, and the prints were extremely difficult to remove from the build plate (the solutions offered were to run the prints under water, and we didn't want to get all the parts wet).

Going to be ordering the Form 2 after this. We have used one in the past and it is far superior.
review image
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 3, 2016
This is my first 3D printer, and it was pretty easy to set up and has been great to use and learn with. The onboard camera helps me keep an eye on the prints in case I input incorrrect settings, and I can even pause or abort prints across the wifi network!
I had been waiting for the right 3D printer to come out that made more complex or even impossible prints possible because of dual extrusion and the water soluble filament. The wait is over, this printer can do it all!
17 people found this helpful
on November 18, 2016
Currently run 3 of these. (2+ and 2+ extended and now 3) They are the best 3D printers for the price. Super easy to run, reliable, Excellent customer support, completely open source, and just like to run! The UM 3 now has water soluble support and dual extruder which make this a huge competitor to the high end machines allowing complex geometry and high accuracy to prints. Congrats to Ultimaker 2+ for top 20 3d printer of the year 2016 - per "All3Dp.com, PCmag.com and 3Dhubs.com"!! Ultimaker 3 3D Printer
23 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on July 31, 2017
Worked perfectly out of the box, auto level right on, quality of print on fast setting is superb... all expected, the big surprise is the PVA, it melts in water in 30 minutes. Trouble free operation, just reload the filament with each new print to purge the print head. I love it.
4 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2017
Fast and great
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.