Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 BrainFreeze Wireless Mobile B..." and save 46% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 BrainFreeze Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Insanely good, loud 360 degree sound with deep bass
- Product dimensions 2.6 Wx 2.6 D x 7 H inches .Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX-7 rated waterproof up to 30 minutes and a depth of one meter)
- Connect with Echo Dot (2nd Generation) for hands-free voice control of Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 with Alexa; ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and TuneIn on your BOOM 2
- PartyUp from Ultimate Ears allows you to wirelessly connect more than 150 Ultimate Ears speakers
- 15-hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- Tap the speaker to play, pause or skip songs
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $8.01.
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
It’s the waterproof wireless speaker that blasts loud, immersive 360-degree sound. Rain or shine, Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 instigates spontaneous adventures anywhere.
Compare with similar items
Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM Charcoal Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof)
UE BOOM 2 BrainFreeze Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker Waterproof and Shockproof (Certified Refurbished)
Bose SoundLink Revolve Portable Bluetooth 360 Speaker, Lux Gray
Fugoo Style S 100% Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker - Portable Snow/Shock Proof - IP67-Rated - Outdoor Loud, Indoor Style
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Blazing Prices||Amazon.com||Marketplace Valet|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 7 in||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 in||7 x 3 x 3 in||3.24 x 3.24 x 5.97 in||15 x 2 x 10 in|
|Item Weight||1.2 lbs||1.93 lbs||1.6 lbs||1.46 lbs||2 lbs|
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 is the 360-degree wireless speaker that blasts loud, insanely great sound with deep, powerful bass in every direction–everywhere you go. It was designed to get wet, muddy, and beat up. PartyUp allows you to wirelessly connect to up to 50 Ultimate Ears speakers and takes your party where no other sound system can go. Caves. Mountains. Lakes. Rooftops. You name it. It's waterproof*, shockproof and crafted from the sexiest and most uninhibited premium materials in the known universe. And with Siri + Google Now voice integration***, you just open your mouth and use your words — so instead of reaching for your phone, you can pick up BOOM 2 so nothing comes between you and the music. *IPX7-rated waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter). ** Requires latest firmware & software update.
Manufacturer Contact Information
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I decided against the Bose since it can’t pair with a second speaker for a stereo setup, is slightly older, doesn’t look as attractive (quite a dated look in fact) and the sound quality reviews do not put it above the other two.
Then I couldn’t decide between the UE and JBL, so purchased both. I compared them side-by-side for a week with the following observations:
1) Batteries on both last for a ridiculously long time. Yes, JBL lasts longer, but the 15 hour battery on UE is a week of regular use. What other electronics do you charge so rarely?
2) Both speakers are very loud. Assuming you’re not hosting an actual dance party, it would be surprising for either to run out of volume. JBL stays composed all the way to the max, maybe keep UE one notch above the very max on the bass-heavy songs.
3) UE has crisper high and mid frequencies, while JBL has a deeper, bigger bass. It took me a week to decide that this constitutes a tie for me, but most people would likely prefer the bigger bass of the JBL. Also, UE gives you the 360 sound, which is quite neat: you can put it in the middle of the room rather than against a wall. This could work as an effective sound multiplier since you reduce the distance to people if using it in a group.
I compared both to a single Sonos 1 speaker (much heavier and non-portable), and Sonos is significantly better across the entire frequency range than either UE or JBL. This is not to say that that UE or JBL produce low quality sound: they both sound surprisingly good for their size. My point is that we shouldn’t obsess with the sound quality comparison between the two because neither is close to being a reference sound device.
4) Size is important here. JBL is over 50% larger than the UE, which makes a huge difference. Please see the photos: the JBL is longer, wider and heavier than the UE. This was the main factor in declaring UE the winner by a good margin. The speakers are roughly tied before the size comes into play, and the UE is just a lot smaller. I am simply more likely to take it with me when travelling.
5) Other features. Both speakers are waterproof. Charge 3 will charge your phone, which is not exactly useless, but probably not a deciding feature. UE feels much sleeker design-wise, with fewer buttons and better symmetry.
To summarize: JBL Charge 3 is a great speaker, worthy of a 5 star rating. However, for my preferences, UE Boom 2 was the clear winner given its much more compact size and neater design due to them being close to tied in other areas, including sound quality.
The reason I'm rating this 3-stars is because of my experience with purchasing it from the Amazon Treasure Truck. Just like another reviewer, I too received a refurbished unit. The serial number on the packaging and the actual speaker unit don't match. Luckily, mine doesn't show any visible signs of wear and tear, and seems to work just fine. I just hope that I don't run in to any issues with continued use. I am disappointed that Amazon sold me a refurbished unit, albeit at a discount price. I thought I was paying for a brand new unit at a great discounted price as the tradeoff for making the trip myself to pick up the speaker from the Treasure Truck. I plan to keep the speaker, but Amazon needs to be more transparent about disclosing whether or not they are selling refurbished units to their customers! I'll be paying closer attention to my future purchases from Amazon.
Withstands brutal punishment
Doesn't "crackle" on high volume
Battery life is on the weak side.