Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on July 14, 2013
New price for this book is way way over priced in my opinion.

Being a chili fan, I went for one of the used but good condition versions that was still probably overpriced.

However, this is a great easy to read book on Chili history and more recipes than you need.

Actually, Chilli recipes are mostly variations on a very basic combo of ingredients and for the most part if you see one basic recipe - it's all the same but for some different combo of additions like beer, chocolate, coffee or some other flavor addition to the basic chille and meat combo.

If you do not know much about Chilli, save your extra coins up and get a used copy. Easy to read and gives you a boat load of interesting Chilli recipes to read and one or two versions that you will make. The Wick Fowler kits make it easy to cook reasonably good product.

Don't think this is the Ultimate Chilli recipe book but it gets the job done well.
on February 7, 2014
LOVE testing new recipes - especially when it comes to chili. So I really like the breakdown this book gives of chili from all over the states, and the different variations/styles each region lends to the word "chili". Have gone through the book and ear-marked several of them to try, and so far I'm 2/2 with all my friends/family who are brave enough to be my taste testers!
on August 17, 2013
I really liked this book, it gave me a lot of good information. The only problem I have is that the recipes do not tell you how many it will serve. Many of the cook off's I go to require 6 to 8 gallons. Also the book may be a bit out-dated because I know that the ICS now has a new category for the home cook. You can actually add bean's!!
on April 1, 2009
A gift for my husband, who is forever trying new chili recipes...he found this book very useful and found many good recipes.
on August 11, 2010
How can you go wrong with The Ultimate Chili Cookbook? My husband and I are huge chili fanatics so it was only natural to purchase a copy of The Ultimate Chili Cookbook. So far every recipe has been great even though it's been the middle of summer. You can change them up to your liking if you want and make them hotter too. I hope you grab a copy for yourself-enjoy!
on March 14, 2010
I received this book as a gift from friends in Texas. What a great book! I say "book" instead of "cookbook", because the other information is so fascinating and interesting. You will learn the basic concept of making chili, so then you are free to experiment and create your own chili as you would like it. The recipes in the book cover a wide range of chili's and you will have a good time modifying them as you see fit. For any cook and especially anyone who enjoys making a good pot chili, this book is a must.
on September 26, 2010
Some of the best chili recipes found in one place. I have now used several of them as a base for some wonderful pots of chili. Worth adding to your cookbook collection.