Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ultimate Collection
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

Now El's latest release "Ultimate Collection", from Hip-O Records takes the listener down the R&B path of hits that covers the early '80s thru the '90s. Some of the greatest composers enlist their favorite tunes "LOVE ALWAYS" and "REACH OUT FOR ME" by Burt Bacharach & Hal David, how can you go wrong with a team like that behind you ~ "AFTER THE DANCE", by Marvin Gaye & Leon Ware with a duet featuring Fourplay, simply haunting ~ "DINDI", written by Antonio Carlos Jobim & Ray Gilbert with a classic arrangement to die for.
If you're a De Barge fan like I am, this one's for you. Melodies just linger with all sixteen tunes worth their weight in gold. Entire album is a stand out with highlights galore, don't miss this ultimate collection from El De Barge!
Total Time: 77:26 on 16 Tracks ~ Hip-O Records 583845 ~ (8/26/2003)
HALL OF FAMEon September 14, 2003
what can I say about El Debarge? He came out as the same time as Michael Jackson,Prince&Lionel Richie&was for the most part overshadowed by them&the whole Cross-over Solo Male Artist vibe for the 80's.but make no mistake about it El Debarge was a Deep Cat with His Writing&Overall Talent.Very Talented Instrumentalist.His Songs are Sampled&Looped to death.from 2Pac,Biggie,Ashanti&Countless Others owe this Man some Props.I'm glad that DJ Quik showed Him some Juice because El Debarge is Long overdue.He is one of the Few Artists who truly understands Marvin Gaye's Spirit&Vibe through Song."After the Dance" is a tight Re-make.I would really like to see El Debarge work with a R.kelly&Thom Bell on a Project or something.El hasn't even fully unleased His Best yet.this Cat has alot of depth&Talent but it's not being heard.this is a Must have.alot of Cats owe Him a Debt for His Writing&Vibe.
on July 5, 2006
As far as I'm concerned, the DeBarge Greatest Hits (not the Millineum Collection) is the better buy. Five of the songs on this collection are on the DeBarge's greatests hits c.d. - too bad El wasn't able to get "secret garden" song from Quincy Jones on this set like Al B. Sure! did on his greatest hits collection. Aside from the "after the dance" remake, I don't see buying this c.d. unless you just want to add El's solo work to your c.d. collection - still love you though, Eldra!
on January 11, 2007
This is actually my 2nd purchase of this CD because I wore out the 1st one dragging it with me across the country in my traveling. I can't find the entire album online for some reason, but I have also downloaded as many songs as I could find from this album and have them on my ipod. I've always liked El DeBarge and I enjoy this album very much. I would recommend it to anyone.
on January 26, 2016
The El Debarge Ultimate Collection is good not great, El is an amazing singer
that much is true. There are 7 good songs
They are Tks 1-3,5,6,7,13 that's my opinion I expected a hit CD it was 3 Tks away from this, A hit CD consist of 10 or 12 Tks to be a great disc to listen too..
on April 14, 2014
El DeBarge's Ultimate Collection is the perfect selection for someone who wants to just groove on his best stuff without buying all of his old albums. After listening to this CD you may want to go out and buy (or play) all of old CDs; I did. You can tell this "artist" is greatly influenced by Marvin Gaye; but he has his own original twist to soul music that will catch hold of your musical taste buds and not let go. I love this CD because it flows from smooth to jammin' to romantic and I know it will make new fans for this smooth crooner. "Nuff Said!"
on October 25, 2004
EVEN THOUGH IM YOUNG THIS MUSIK SOUNDS GREAT.

THE RAPPER AZ SAMPLED "LOVE ME IN A SPECIAL WAY" ON HIS 9 LIVES ALBUM HE ALSO SAMPLED EL'S "ALL THIS LOVE" WHICH IT IS TITLED "PROBLEMS" ON AZ'S ALBUM 9 LIVES ALSO
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2010
I don't know when or if El Debarge is ever going to do any more music; one can only hope. This is one of my top ten CD's because El is one of my top ten artists. El is super talented as well as super underrated. But, that's okay because I've always been a fan of the Debarge family. One listen to this album and you won't wonder why. Thank Goodness it is still available for all those out there who don't know what they have been missing. El is sexy, jazzy, mellow smooth, with vocals that are difficult to match. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to this great album. Here's the rundown:

Stand out track: After The Dance

Love Always

Somebody Loves You

Dindi

Heart, Mind & Soul

You Know What I Like

Lost Without Her Love

Okay, know what I like, truthfully? All the songs. Don't sleep on this album.
on January 5, 2007
WHAT CAN I SAY,I'VE BEEN A DEBARGE FAN SINCE IT WAS JUST THE GROUP.BUT WHEN EL DEBARGE WENT SOLO,HE LIT IT UP FOR ME.I HAD TO REPLACE A VINYL ALBUM BECAUSE OF WEAR AND TEAR.BUT HAVING THIS ALBUM ELIMINATES ME HAVING TO REPLACE THEM ALL.THE SONG I LOVE ON THIS ALBUM IS CALLED "LOVE ALWAYS",IT'S A MAGNIFICENT SONG AND ANOTHER "ALL THIS LOVE".IF YOUR A DEBARGE FAN YOU WILL NOT BE DISAAPOINTED IT'S A GREAT ALBUM.PEACE AND BLESSINGS
on November 19, 2003
If you are a DeBarge fan (I am) or someone who is sick of hearing your friend the DeBarge fan, go on and on about El DeBarge, get this CD. After hearing it once, you'll be convinced of his talent too.
While there are a few weak cuts on this album, especially the duet with Dionne Warwick, the majority of the songs showcase his vocal range, songwriting ability and his skills as a musician as well. Two cuts from the GEMINI album that never received much airplay, BROKEN DREAMS and TURN THE PAGE, are worth the price of the entire CD.