Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 260 reviews
on September 21, 2015
Great value as opposed to the more expensive alternative with unwanted remixes
on August 25, 2009
Despite issues with her private life, Whitney Houston has always have a place in my heart, having grown up with a mother who bought her music & still enjoying listening to her over the wannabe divas of today.

Currently unavailable in North America (mine's an import from Argentina) this is a great alternative to the 2-disc greatest hits collection of yesteryear despite missing a couple of my favorite songs ("You Give Good Love", "All The Man That I Need", & "Love Will Save the Day") which has more to do with space limitations (the disc clocks in at over 79 ½ minutes) then track selection, thought I'll gladly trade tracks 4, 8, & 18 to have those 3 in here.

Also, there's no remixes, (although I'm Your Baby Tonight is a different version from the one most of us have heard.) & I'm happy about that. But unlike most reviewers, I happen to enjoy dance music & the remixes on the throw down disc are all very good but they should have just release it as a totally separate collection all together.

That said, this is a wonderful greatest hits collection. Hopefully, Houston's upcoming album I Look to You will be a throwback to what made her a superstar & a true R&B diva.
on February 12, 2012
Sad to hear of Whitney Houston's passing last night (February 11, 2012). Such an incredible talent and a gorgeous girl, but unfortunately, her life went downhill in later years (and, according to friends and family, Bobby Brown had nothing to do with it, despite the conventional wisdom). Cissy Houston, in her 2013 book, Remembering Whitney, now partially blames Bobby, contrary to what she said in interviews after Whitney's death. Who knows?

I had her first album (now available as Whitney Houston (The Deluxe Anniversary Edition) (CD/DVD)) on vinyl years ago. I bought her Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits in 2000, but was disappointed because the second disc contains mostly remixes, instead of the original hit versions. I do have the CD single of The Star-Spangled Banner, which I consider to be the best contemporary version of our National Anthem ever. My favorite traditional version: The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Worst version: Jimi Hendrix' Woodstock "rendition," which I associate with flag-burning. But I digress.

I'm glad I found this single-disc collection of hits. The Essential Whitney Houston is nothing more than a repackage of the 2000 album. I hope Sony/Arista will compile a better collection for the U.S. market. Whitney deserves better, and so do her fans. Rest in peace, sweetie...

UPDATE: RCA Records (Sony folded Arista into RCA in late 2011) released I Will Always Love You: The Best Of Whitney Houston on November 13, 2012. Ultimate Collection is the better buy, because it contains "One Moment In Time," which is one of my favorites, and not on the new collection.

Tracks on THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION that are not on I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU:

"One Moment In Time"
"When You Believe"
"Run To You"
"If I Told You That"
"It's Not Right But It's Okay"

Tracks on I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU that are not on THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION:

"You Give Good Love"
"All The Man That I Need"
"I Believe In You And Me"
"I Look To You" (duet with R. Kelly - previously unreleased)
"Never Give Up" (previously unreleased)

Look at both collections and judge for yourself. I'm staying with THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION.

And sadly, Whitney's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, joined her mom in Heaven, on July 26, 2015. Rest in peace, dear Bobbi, and tell your mom that we miss her on Earth.
on October 5, 2013
I think the voice of this woman was too powerful. To keep up this level of singing would have been difficult on stage for any performer. I think this was too difficult for Whitney to handle. I just love her music, but every song I listen to reminds me of the great loss we all have experienced. Sometimes one's gift can become a great burden. Thankfully we can continue to enjoy her talent on cd's like this one.
on May 30, 2015
The cd is loaded with almost all of Whitney's music----except my favorite song "You Give Good Love" which is absent for some reason. But, if you are a fan of Whitney's you will love this cd. Buy it now!!!!
on January 14, 2014
Easy Wheels Shopping Cart was easy to assemble. Was able to put on the wheels myself and had no problem. Directions for wheel assembly was easy to read and understand. Easy Wheels works well and holds a lot of items to make my walk from garage to apartment much quicker annd efficient. I've been using this product for about 4 weeks. This is my first shopping cart.
on April 24, 2014
At 18 song selections, this import version of Whitney's hits isn't a complete listing but it's the best single-disc compilation I have found. It covers the biggest hits and you find that it has most of your favorites in the mix that you are most familiar -- no enhanced dub mixes on this collection. Recommended.
on June 10, 2012
It's all been said before. Such a tragic life. She was her own worst enemy not helped by her ex-husband it seems. But at least we were lucky to hear just how great a voice she was born with. I bought this album for my wife as an introduction to her work. She could have gone on to become a terrific actress if she'd wanted to.
on February 24, 2015
I love Whitney Houston's songs collection. I love her voice her songs & her personality. This album is for all of the Whitney Houston fans.
on March 17, 2012
Overall its a okay cd, about five of the songs on the cd are awesome. The other ones I wouldn't consider a hit. I still do not regret buying the cd though. It's a Whitney must have. I got my cd when it was supposed to be delivered & it came looking brand new in a case. Amazon did its job great as usual.