Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Plastic Comb|Change

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on December 5, 2014
I love this book because, unlike other books with lots of songs, I actually am familiar with the majority of these songs. They aren't just fillers. I think all 700 were at the top of the charts when I was growing up, and some aren't very old either. This is a huge book, somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. I bought mine used, and it was a little bulkier perhaps because some moisture had gotten to the edges of the pages, but the book is spiral bound and designed to lie flat. I wanted to see what it was like before I sprung for a Kindle version. I would recommend this book to a friend.
on September 12, 2015
Pleased with song selections which included most all of old country and some new country songs. Music easy to see from a distance. Book is quite heavy to carry around but we'll worth the price!
on January 14, 2013
Mostly older songs, some "crossovers" duplicated in other Hal Leonard fake books. If you are looking for more recent music, say from the last 15 years or so, this book will disappoint. Meets my needs exactly, so very satisfied. Bought a used copy for the price break. Some of the pages had been dog-eared as place markers, but utility and completeness not affected.
on May 20, 2017
excellent resource - expect to use it often
on March 29, 2017
It's what is says it is!
on December 24, 2015
It was great to find many "old favorites in this book!" I use this when practicing guitar and violin, as well as when playing piano just for fun!
on March 17, 2017
Great Book!
on December 2, 2014
I bought this book and also another fake book for my mother. We love it. All the songs are easy to play and sing. Endless supply of songs!! We love flipping through to see what songs we already know. We knew quite a few of them!!!
on February 11, 2013
I have a very good friend who has a young daughter who is interested in learning to play the piano. I had an electronic keyboard that I never learned to use, so I gave that to my friend's daughter along with several books, and this was one of them. She tells me that it is really easy to understand, and it must be, because she's doing very well with her playing.
on May 11, 2014
A volume packed with many songs long since forgotten; however, some have only part of the song instead of the entire song, a bummer. My greatest disappointment.... No Floyd Cramer. Golden Oldies... piano.... no "last date with you"?