Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Phantom Wireless Mobile Bluet..." and save 55% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Phantom Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Insanely good, loud 360 degree sound with deep bass
- Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX-7 rated waterproof up to 30 minutes and a depth of one meter)
- Connect with Echo Dot (2nd Generation) for hands-free voice control of Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 with Alexa; ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and TuneIn on your BOOM 2
- PartyUp from Ultimate Ears allows you to wirelessly connect more than 150 Ultimate Ears speakers
- 15-hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- Tap the speaker to play, pause or skip songs
- Companion app and ove-the-air speaker updates
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Blasts amazing sound in every direction.
- Waterproof* and shockproof.
- Siri and Google Now voice integration—just say it to play it***.
- Rechargeable 15-hour battery**. 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range.
- Tap to play, pause or skip songs***.
- Companion mobile app and over-the-air speaker updates.
- Camera mount and detachable D-ring.
- Works with Bluetooth wireless smartphones, tablets and other devices.
- PartyUp lets you connect wirelessly to up to 150+ Ultimate Ears speakers*** and take your parties to a whole new level.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Insanely good 360-degree sound
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 is the 360-degree wireless speaker that blasts loud, insanely good sound with deep, full bass in every direction–everywhere you go. Rain or shine, rage, riot, party and bring the beats to your favorite beaches, trails, and climbs.
Need even bigger sound? PartyUp from Ultimate Ears lets you connect wirelessly to up to 150+ Ultimate Ears speakers using the Ultimate Ears app***, so you can take your parties where no other sound system can go. Caves. Mountains. Lakes. Rooftops. You name it. So grab your friend’s speakers and your friend’s friend’s speakers and head to any location you can dream up to take the party to a whole new level.
And with Siri + Google Now voice integration on Ultimate Ears BOOM 2, just say it to play it.***
*IPX7-rated waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter).
** Actual battery life will vary with use, settings, and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles.
*** Requires latest firmware & software update.
Pair Up to PartyUp
PartyUp from Ultimate Ears lets you connect wirelessly to up to 150+ Ultimate Ears speakers using the Ultimate Ears app***, so you can take your parties where no other sound system can go. So grab your friend’s speakers and your friend’s friend’s speakers and head to any location you can dream up to take the party to a whole new level.
Bring the Party. Anywhere.
Never worry about taking the party too far. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 has 100-feet Bluetooth wireless range, 15-hour rechargeable battery**, and the perfect design to bring the music anywhere.
Alexa Voice control with Amazon Echo Dot
Compatible with Amazon Echo Dot for Alexa voice control. Use hands-free voice control to ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and TuneIn on your Ultimate Ears BOOM 2.
Getting even More Awesome
We craft living top rated Bluetooth speakers that get better over time. It’s kind of our thing. We regularly add improved or even entirely new features through speaker and app updates. Tap the top of Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 once to play or pause and twice to skip songs.*** Use Block Party to take turns playing music from three Bluetooth devices. Set your perfect EQ and Musical Alarm.
What you Need:
- Platform agnostic, compatible with Android and Apple.
For Audio Playback: Smartphones, tablets and other devices that support Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart wireless audio profile [Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)] or 3.5 mm audio output.
App Configurable (iOS and Android).
What’s in the Box?
- Ultimate Ears BOOM 2.
- Micro USB cable.
- Power adapter.
Wireless Capabilities: Pair up to 8 Bluetooth enabled source devices. Wirelessly play (stream) to up to 150+ Ultimate Ears speakers from one source***. Mobile range of play is up to 100 feet.
Audio: Maximum Sound Level: 90dBA. Frequency Range: 90Hz - 20kHz. Drivers: Two 45 mm (1 ¾ inch) active drivers and two 45 mm x 80 mm (1 ¾ x 3 inch) passive radiators.
Power: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for up to 15 hours of battery life between Micro USB charges.** Charge time: 2.75 hours.
Waterproof—IPX7 Rated: Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 can be immersed in water up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.
|Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM||Ultimate Ears BOOM 2||Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM|
|Sound||Big ultra-portable sound||Bigger sound for any adventure||Massive sound on the go|
|Stream Music To Multiple Speakers At Same Time||Double Up 2 speakers||Party Up 150+ speakers||PARTY UP 150+ speakers|
|100 Ft/30 M Bluetooth Wireless Range**||✓||✓||✓|
|Rechargeable Battery Life**||10 hrs.||15 hrs.||20 hrs.|
|Compatible With Amazon Echo Dot For Alexa Voice Control||✓||✓||✓|
|Siri And Google Now Voice Control||-||✓||✓|
|Block Party (take turns playing music from 3 Bluetooth devices)||-||✓||✓|
|Wide Compatibility (works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices)||✓||✓||✓|
|*IPX7-rated waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter)||**Actual wireless range and battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles|
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 is the 360-degree wireless speaker that blasts loud, insanely great sound with deep, powerful bass in every direction–everywhere you go. It was designed to get wet, muddy, and beat up. PartyUp allows you to wirelessly connect to up to 50 Ultimate Ears speakers and takes your party where no other sound system can go. Caves. Mountains. Lakes. Rooftops. You name it. It's waterproof*, shockproof and crafted from the sexiest and most uninhibited premium materials in the known universe. And with Siri + Google Now voice integration***, you just open your mouth and use your words — so instead of reaching for your phone, you can pick up BOOM 2 so nothing comes between you and the music. *IPX7-rated waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter). ** Requires latest firmware & software update.
Manufacturer Contact Information
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I decided against the Bose since it can’t pair with a second speaker for a stereo setup, is slightly older, doesn’t look as attractive (quite a dated look in fact) and the sound quality reviews do not put it above the other two.
Then I couldn’t decide between the UE and JBL, so purchased both. I compared them side-by-side for a week with the following observations:
1) Batteries on both last for a ridiculously long time. Yes, JBL lasts longer, but the 15 hour battery on UE is a week of regular use. What other electronics do you charge so rarely?
2) Both speakers are very loud. Assuming you’re not hosting an actual dance party, it would be surprising for either to run out of volume. JBL stays composed all the way to the max, maybe keep UE one notch above the very max on the bass-heavy songs.
3) UE has crisper high and mid frequencies, while JBL has a deeper, bigger bass. It took me a week to decide that this constitutes a tie for me, but most people would likely prefer the bigger bass of the JBL. Also, UE gives you the 360 sound, which is quite neat: you can put it in the middle of the room rather than against a wall. This could work as an effective sound multiplier since you reduce the distance to people if using it in a group.
I compared both to a single Sonos 1 speaker (much heavier and non-portable), and Sonos is significantly better across the entire frequency range than either UE or JBL. This is not to say that that UE or JBL produce low quality sound: they both sound surprisingly good for their size. My point is that we shouldn’t obsess with the sound quality comparison between the two because neither is close to being a reference sound device.
4) Size is important here. JBL is over 50% larger than the UE, which makes a huge difference. Please see the photos: the JBL is longer, wider and heavier than the UE. This was the main factor in declaring UE the winner by a good margin. The speakers are roughly tied before the size comes into play, and the UE is just a lot smaller. I am simply more likely to take it with me when travelling.
5) Other features. Both speakers are waterproof. Charge 3 will charge your phone, which is not exactly useless, but probably not a deciding feature. UE feels much sleeker design-wise, with fewer buttons and better symmetry.
To summarize: JBL Charge 3 is a great speaker, worthy of a 5 star rating. However, for my preferences, UE Boom 2 was the clear winner given its much more compact size and neater design due to them being close to tied in other areas, including sound quality.
Withstands brutal punishment
Doesn't "crackle" on high volume
Battery life is on the weak side.
What first sold me was being in a Verizon store, waiting to have my new work phone cloned and thought the music playing through their PA system was really good sounding. Thinking they must have had a BOSE sound system, then I found out it was one of these (just one) sitting on top of a display rack in the middle of the showroom filling the room with what I thought were high-end ceiling speakers.
Though that wasn't enough, I needed resilience due to my filthy work environment. Even in the office, magic black carbonated filth makes it's way in and ruins everything, and I'm not a big fan of cloth mesh.
What closed the deal was when I watched a couple YouTube video reviews. One in particular where a guy tossed his model in a mud puddle while it was playing, then washed it off in the kitchen sink. That sold me on it's use at my work. I can clean it periodically with a soft dish brush and mild soap.
Sound is subjective to people. I don't think anyone's gonna be satisfied when it comes to speakers of this size. You're not gonna get the best of all worlds in something the size of a 22-ounce beer can. One company puts such an emphasis on bass, but it causes a drop in mids. Another is good for vocals, but bass is muddy and muffled. I prefer a clarity where I know the bass is there, but it doesn't mean I have to feel it to be satisfied. The downloaded app will allow a user to tweak the settings to their liking with the EQ feature. I keep mine on "Confined Space" and it does well in my office, which isn't confined.
The build is rock solid feeling. I didn't think I was gonna use the *slap* feature for pausing music. But low and behold, an incoming call comes in and it's quicker to pick up the speaker and smack it than it is for my iPad to keep trying to read my fingerprint in order to pause through whatever streaming app is being used. About my streaming app, I subscribed to their monthly paid service so I can get a full 320Kbs quality to do this speaker it's well-deserved justice.
Something I noticed when doing my homework is a stronger marketing on the feature where one can link many of these together for a full-out house party, rather than it's better features. Don't know about most people, but there's not many (if any) people in my circle that would see justification in spending this kind of money on a Bluetooth speaker. Must be a generational thing where someone has a three-digit priced speaker but can't make their car payment. To each is own.
This little treasure contributes to my favorite part of the work day. That's when business is closed, I'm the only one left in the building when I can be uninterrupted, get into my zone and bang out three hours of administrative paperwork in 45-minutes. All while listening to my choice of music in really good quality.
Three weeks into having it, average 1-2 hours a day, five days a week and it's only at fifty percent. I read where some people haven't been as lucky with battery life.