Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 129 reviews
on January 17, 2017
"It's okay" about sums it up....
There's nothing here that I've not already seen, and nothing that's specific to martial arts.
Though the stretches are all what's deemed as effective, the author does not specifically say that any given stretch IS good for martial arts - only that it MAY be good. He says, for instance, that being able to do splits is not necessarily (again, he is vague) an indicator of ability to kick high.
He is vague about the benefits and application of just about everything in the book.

If you have no other comprehensive books or videos on stretching, then this book would be great to have. Just be aware that it's just a re-hash of what's already out there....
on August 30, 2014
Good book for over all directions on how to gain true flexibility. No gimmicks, no trick stretches, what it has is good advise for achieving true useful flexibility. My problem during my martial art time was/is flexibility. I tried other systems and noticed an increase in some areas and other times just plain hurt myself. This book gives a lot of options on how to gain greater flexibility and gives good guidance on how to use and mix the different techniques available according to your physical make up. No miracle changes, just good guidance for those willing to do the work.
on April 6, 2017
Better than expected. Author seems to be very knowledgeable about the subject. Anatomy plus Exercises.
on August 29, 2015
Great book. Dr. Kim does an excellent job explaining to the layman the types of stretching and muscles and why certain exercises and/or stretching affects our bodies in different ways. The last 2/3 of the book contains a host of exercises ranging from beginner to advanced that I pick and choose from based on how I feel and what part of my body I'm focusing on that day. Highly recommend this book for the novice martial artist (me).
on January 4, 2014
The book does give you many stretches to choose from but the pictures can sometimes be unclear as each stretch has motion and a with only one or two static photos it can be hard to understand the full motion of the stretch.
on July 18, 2017
I have never been very flexible ever since a kid. I have knee problems and lower back problems. This book has allowed me to get back into MMA and minimize the pain i feel after a workout
on January 2, 2013
I found this to be an excellent and comprehensive resource on stretching.

At age 55, I am a new choi kwang do student, but am quite flexible due to a background in ballet and yoga. This book enabled me to integrate my experience with stretching into martial arts, gave me more confidence in what I already knew, and helped me to understand what stretches are particularly helpful in martial arts. I have limited knowledge of the different types of martial arts, but feel that the material is not specific to any particular style but useful across the board..

I bought a copy for myself and then bought a copy for my teacher as a Christmas present.
on March 23, 2014
I am a personal fitness trainer with a certificate from golds gym and i have spent years in this field and i find this book one of the most detailed and serious books on the stretching topic, i have read many books and none is like that in detailed content and in clarity
My favorite book explaining stretching,
on June 25, 2017
This book arrived in great condition and was bought for a son who has an interest in the martial arts.
on May 6, 2011
This is a great book and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their fighting skills, whether it be self defense to professional fighting. This book could easily help someone not into martial arts as well. Very detailed and good illustrations.