- Series: Ultimate Series
- Paperback: 314 pages
- Publisher: Entrepreneur Press; 4th ed. edition (October 1, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1599185423
- ISBN-13: 978-1599185422
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 0.8 x 9.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (345 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,164 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes (Ultimate Series) 4th ed. Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
-Brian Kurtz, Executive Vice President, Boardroom Inc.
Perry’s methods coupled with Google AdWords offer a fast and cheap testing ground for a lot of marketing messages. He’s a consummate player of this game, the smartest person I or any of my clients have ever found when it comes to Google AdWords optimizing response for his clients, and teaching others how to do it for themselves.
-Dan S. Kennedy, Author, No B.S. Direct Marketing
I've used the Ultimate Guide To Google AdWords since the first edition. Transforming a client’s unprofitable AdWords account into a cash cow churning out $30-$35k profits every month. Just scratching the surface of the book’s contents.
This is the best book on AdWords, period. Plus, it’s a dang good book on Internet Marketing. Not only can you use it to tap Google’s huge traffic stream, you'll also convert the thundering hordes of traffic into buyers and profits in your pocket. Do what I do don't just buy and use it yourself, buy copies for your friends!
- Roy Furr, Editor, Breakthrough Marketing Secrets, Direct Marketing Consultant
I'm often asked by peers in my niche how I manage to rank so well in search engines and not go broke using Google AdWords. There are a couple of reasonsI've been subscribing to Perry Marshall's newsletters since 2003; I've read every one of his books; I listen in on all the conference calls he organizes; and finally, I IMPLEMENT his strategies and tactics.
The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords lists for $24.95. Only a fool would continue to run Google AdWords campaigns and NOT invest in, study, and implement the ideas in it. And no, you'll not find an affiliate link to Amazon here. Just get the book!
-Jer Ayles-Ayler, AdWords User, Trihouse Enterprises, Inc.
I bought this book to learn how to get better results from AdWords for my clients. The advice given is easy to follow, and following up on the results of your campaign is exciting. I've already seen a huge increase in click-through rates for the different customers and campaigns I run. I get far better results for less money.
I would recommend reading Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords to anyone interested in starting AdWords marketing, or tuning their current campaigns for better results. On the other hand, I'd like to keep what's in here a secret.
-Henrik Hedberg, AdWords User
Naming this the Ultimate Guide is not a fluke. I have been tweaking the hell out of the ads I'm using to lead searchers into my funnel. Over the past few weeks, I've managed to get one of my ads up to just over 7% CTR from a previous 1-2%!
-Bill Perry, AdWords User
I thought I knew it all. I set up an AdWords account and a couple of days later I came back to check if I was rich yet. Unfortunately, the only thing that happened was Google enjoyed free access to my bank account. Luckily the traffic was not that high so it was just a couple hundred dollars. And I made no money.
Frustrated, I went online and did some research. Every forum, article, and blog seemed to be talking about Perry Marshall, so I decided to get Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords. 30 minutes into reading my mind was blown away.
Next, my Quality Score went up from an average of two and three to a six and nine for various keywords. At the same time, my cost-per-click went down from over $4 to about $0.50.
The rest is history. Seriously, if you don't know the stuff in this book don't even think of AdWords. This is THE guide.
-Jean Paul Essiam, AdWords User
From the Author
Every second of every day, 70,000 people search for something on Google.
What that means is that even though social media is a growing force to be reckoned with and there are all kinds of ways to get traffic to your website, Google AdWords is, by far, the number one source of paid advertising on the internet. And if you don't show up on Google when people search for what you're selling, you may as well not exist at all.
If you're not there. You need to be.
Google AdWords can be an incredible source of 365, 24/7, year-after-year traffic...if you know what you're doing.
But there's a problem. The problem is that the very best advertisers on Google are sharp. They really know what they're doing. The competition is tough. In some industries, it's downright bloody.
You need to chisel your way in.
And that is THE theme of the 4th edition of the Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords.
Chiseling Your Way In
How do you do it? A lot of different ways...
Chisel Your Way In With YouTube. Plain-vanilla AdWords is thick with competition. YouTube is the world's 2nd largest search engine and is far less competitive than Google Search and Google Display Network. You can buy clicks for far less money and there's a lot of clicks - and a lot of quality traffic - to be had. Chapter 19.
Chisel Your Way In With Advanced Display Network Strategies. Bypass costly mistakes and test ideas in the marketplace ... for a fraction of what big fat-cat corporations spend on their market research. Chapters 17-18.
Chisel Your Way In By Crafting a Superior USP and Offer. Awesome AdWords strategy + Flaccid USP = Bankruptcy. Chapter 14 is all about how to make not just your ads and your offers but your entire business stand out from your competitors ... and how to translate that into better Google ad copy that gets clicks. I cannot emphasize how important this is.
Chisel Your Way In With Bionic Google Ads. I've devised a clever method that beats any control ad, any time anywhere. This special chapter gives you the two best blades out of sixteen. If your competitors don't know this technique, they won't know what hit 'em. Chapter 10.
Chisel Your Way In By Fighting Battles You Can Win, in online marketing and advertising. Some markets will drain all your resources and aren't even worth fighting; some you can never win at all. Chapters 7 and 8 are all about the BIG picture. Find your sweet spot and dominate. This material is cutting edge - and it will stay with you the rest of your life.
Our five Chisel Your Way In internet marketing strategies...some that NO ONE ELSE IS TEACHING...are how you get a toe-hold in a fierce, unforgiving market.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
There are three things that you should know about this book before you buy it.
1. Sure, the title says that it is a book about Adwords, but really it is a complete guide to overhauling your business. Yes, you'll learn more about the intricacies of how Google works, how to make Adwords work better and how to save yourself a ton of frustration in the process. But, more importantly, you'll be challenged on how you think about, plan for and execute your business.
2. Perry and Bryan are not huge fans of "Dilbert-Cube" environments (i.e. nameless, faceless corporations.) So, if you roll that way, prepare to be offended. This book is not for guys that have tens of millions of dollars in their ad budgets and are more worried about promoting their brand than getting sales dollars. This book is a must read for all the millions of businesses out there who need to drive customers to their shops, plants and agencies - now!
3. This is not a get rich quick book. What Perry and Bryan prescribe is a tough look at your business and a clear pathway to get the kinds of customers you want to be the kind of business you want to be. Don't expect to read this book, buy a couple of keywords and have money rolling in tomorrow. Those days are over. But, if you want to capture a sustainable, profitable niche, then this book needs to be in your arsenal.
There is one thing that bothered me about the book. It frequently changes tenses. Sometimes it's Perry writing, using "I" and then sometimes is Bryan writing, referring to himself as "I". It is a bit disconcerting and unclear who is writing, but it hardly detracts from the overall effectiveness.
So, if you'd like to keep some of your hard earned money from Google, and like to see your business become more stable, and make a ton more cash in the process, then read this book.
1. As another reviewer mentioned, there seems to be a problem distinguishing which author is writing at which time. Not that it matters all that much. But it did become confusing more than once.
2. I found the discussion on quality score to be somewhat limited. Maintaining a favorable quality score is something that many adwords advertisers have a problem with. Consider a more thorough discussion of this in the next edition.
3. Finally, this leads me to something that ticked me off more and more as I read the book. I was very disappointed to find that the authors heavily (and I mean heavily) promote products and services within the book that lacked sincerity. For example, the authors promoted their own services (and opt-in lists), friends services, and even services from companies paying them some sort of commission for mentioning them in the book. For the latter, it was not made extremely obvious, but anybody that is in internet marketing could spot this. For example, WordTracker's url is [...] not [...] as mentioned in the book. I'm sure the .info was merely set up as a means to count referrals to the WordTracker service. To the authors, I would remind them that writing a book is different than your every day internet marketing efforts. Of course it is a great opportunity to expose the audience to your own brands and services, but lets keep in mind that people are actually paying to hold this book in their hands. I really found it deceitful that the authors have treated this book like an opt-in list where they attempted to sell sell sell. On a side note, the thing I have learned over the years about internet marketing is there are very few tools you have to actually pay for. And that reminds me, don't even bother with the "supplement" to the book (perrymarshall.com/supplement). It doesn't offer any quick information or tips. Only more chances to Opt-In, and more chances to buy stuff. I look at it as a wasted opportunity to provide some real value to the reader. In the next edition of the book, I would love for the authors to focus on more of the great free tools that are out there, and forget about getting those kickbacks from WordTracker and other companies. If you genuinely love WordTracker, send them to WordTracker.com. Forget about this WordTracker.info nonsense. That's just stupid. Provide great value to your readers, and they will love you for it. Trust me.
Summary: If you decide to read this book, read it for the content and marketing principles that are discussed. Take the website and tools endorsements with a grain of salt.
Needless to say, my confidence was dashed. So I started trying to educate myself on Adwords. I took courses on Lynda, read blogs, took classes on Udemy, you name it. Nothing gave me the kind of practical, comprehensive, step-by-step breakdown of the platform that I needed to confidently manage the platform on my own.
Until now. Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. I finished the book in two days, and it is HEAVILY annotated. I immediately found mistakes that my previous consultant had made in my Adwords account. Today I ran my first ads on my own, with no outside input. I feel confident about them.
Don't waste time with other books and outside Adwords consultant. Buy this one, manage your account on your own.
I'll update this review once my campaigns have been running a few months to see if this confidence remains down the road.