Follow the Author
Ultimate Guide: Plumbing, 4th Updated Edition (Creative Homeowner) 800+ Photos; Step-by-Step Projects and Comprehensive How-To Information on Up-to-Date Products & Code-Compliant Techniques for DIY Paperback – January 3, 2017
There is a newer edition of this item:
Save money by making minor and major plumbing repairs and improvements yourself, with help from this complete home plumbing guide!
- More than 800 photos
- Detailed how-to diagrams
- Learn how to skills, from fixing leaky faucets to soldering copper tubing like a pro
- Save money and resources with "Green Solutions"
- Install plumbing fixtures like sinks, faucets, bathtubs, showers, water softeners, lawns sprinklers, & much more
- Learn how your home's plumbing system works so that you can take action in an emergecy
- Add value to your home by making plumbing fixture improvements
This updated and expanded edition of Creative Homeowner's comprehensive, bestselling plumbing how-to book covers the most up-to-date products and techniques. Strong emphasis in the how-to information is placed on doing things correctly, so all of the projects use only code-compliant techniques.
Ultimate Guide: Plumbing, 4th Edition prepares the do-it-yourselfer to handle any plumbing task in the home, from replacing a washer in a leaky faucet to renovating a bathroom. It also gives an overview of a house's plumbing system, including supply, waste, and vent piping, and explains the basic physics that keep everything working well.
In addition to learning how to plan and complete each project, you'll learn how to spot and improve outdated or dangerous techniques and materials in your home plumbing system.
An excellent and valuable resource for DIYers on plumbing with clear instructions, pictures and drawings, to aid in tackling installation and repairs.― Dave Yates, Master Plumber, Columnist for Plumbing & Mechanical Magazine and PM Engineer Magazine
If you’ve ever been challenged by even the smallest home plumbing projects, this is the book for you. Get this book and conquer your fear of plumbing!― Terry McIver, editor-in-chief, Contracting Business magazine
From the Back Cover
Save money by making minor and major plumbing repairs and improvements with help from this complete home plumbing guide.
- Unclog drains and fix leaky faucets
- "Green Solutions" for saving resources
- Install sinks, faucets, bathtubs, showers, water softeners, lawn sprinklers, and much more
- Learn how your home's plumbing system works so that you can take action in an emergency
- Make plumbing fixture improvements that add value to your home
Detailed How-to Plumbing Diagrams
Learn to work with easy-to-use PEX tubing.
Solder copper tubing like a professional plumber.
Use plastic piping for home plumbing systems.
- Publisher : Design Originals; 4th Updated edition (January 3, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1580117880
- ISBN-13 : 978-1580117883
- Item Weight : 2.14 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.75 x 0.75 x 11 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #422,107 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I compared 3rd and 4th editions - including many pages on code-sensitive issues - and could find no differences 4th vs 3rd edition, except the price.
Carefully compared the "Look inside the book" table of contents for my 4th edition vs the table of contents for the forthcoming 5th edition -- looks like they added a section on page 292 -- Air Gap Fitting Requirements for automatic dishwashers, reverse osmosis units, and water softeners. Price gone up again.
These are excellent books. Well worth the money. But I'm not going to upgrade to the 5th edition.